All things Dundee FC

We'll never be able to afford him in a million years, but if McCann could work his magic, Victor Anichebe is the target man style player that we're crying out for. Won't bring goals, but he'd be absolutely ideal in our team.

1 minute ago, ah-dee said:
8 minutes ago, ayrmad said:
That and Liam Smith were the only positives.

i wish we had signed liam smith. seens a real talent. think he will do well fir you this season. not on saturday though!

The only problem with adding Smith to our squad is we could be sending 7 or 8 players forward at times, someone will be required to keep tabs on the numbers flooding forward.

We'll never be able to afford him in a million years, but if McCann could work his magic, Victor Anichebe is the target man style player that we're crying out for. Won't bring goals, but he'd be absolutely ideal in our team.
i wouldnt completely disregard it as i thought us signing caulker was nonsense.i still think if he crosses the border it will be to killie given he has already played under clarke. agree with you ludo he is ideal for us. matty playing off him would be exciting

Emmanuel-Thomas was one that stood out looking at that list. Can't see many championship or league 1 teams down south pushing the boat out to sign him. Wonder if him and Deacon are friends and he could be tempted to join you lot?

Seen the former hertz player Genaro Zeefuik worse players out there than him and knows the “Scottish game”

18 minutes ago, D TOTAL said:

Seen the former hertz player Genaro Zeefuik worse players out there than him and knows the “Scottish game”

Did him and Tony Watt ever play together? 

A Watt Zeefuik partnership would be most amusing. 

has anyone read this absolute pile of pish the record produced 2 years ago? shows a comolete lack of understanding of football in the city. perhaps the record should stick to writting about the 2 halfs of the arse cheeks in glasgow.

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/dundee-building-new-stadium-lunacy-8574671.amp&ved=2ahUKEwiDy-j-9O3cAhXJK8AKHWRSB2k4ChAWMAx6BAgIEAE&usg=AOvVaw2UaZ6IFs40aCBP8d4_SeWQ

I had the same thoughts and I put it to my United fan pal. He was, of course, against a groundshare, but his reaction was an emotional one. Nobody wants to move out of a beloved stadium where you’ve made memories. And yes, there is rivalry, of course.

But surely you could get over that if it meant having a more successful team on the pitch.  

What are the objections to this aside from just not wanting to share with United?

8 hours ago, D TOTAL said:

Quite a few recognisable names in there

Jay Emmanuel-Thomas
Federico Macheda
Soulymane coullibaly

I bet even there is one in there that’s a gem in the waiting

Anyone who signs Coulibaly owes Al Ahly over £1m to sign him. 

has anyone read this absolute pile of pish the record produced 2 years ago? shows a comolete lack of understanding of football in the city. perhaps the record should stick to writting about the 2 halfs of the arse cheeks in glasgow.

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/dundee-building-new-stadium-lunacy-8574671.amp&ved=2ahUKEwiDy-j-9O3cAhXJK8AKHWRSB2k4ChAWMAx6BAgIEAE&usg=AOvVaw2UaZ6IFs40aCBP8d4_SeWQ
I remember that article. It almost reads like a post from a football forum. The author thinks it madness that Dundee are attempting to build a new ground but then goes on to say that Dens is not fit for purpose. His solution? Build a new ground on the land the owners have acquired...for the purposes he originally thought mad. He also thinks the council should be involved (which they are already) and that Utd should be brought in (they were asked but declined).

Complete non-entity of an article with no attempt to fact find and probably written with Murray Foote breathing down the neck of the author.

It is retrospective vindication of that rag's ban from Dens.

4 hours ago, velo army said:

What are the objections to this aside from just not wanting to share with United?

I don't want to sit on the seats after they've used them and get a knitting needle up my arse. 

12 minutes ago, The Derry Steps said:

They have a habit of employing sex offenders and we just couldn't morally allow ourselves to stoop to their horrendous level.  

That and their fans are all minks.

f**k, Argos would be happy with that amount of pots n kettles.

How has young Matty looked in the first team? Is he the answer to your problems or does he need a year or 2 on loan?
Doesn't look anywhere near ready to me. Total deer in the headlights. Moussa'd an absolute sitter from about 2 yards out vs Dunfermline as well. Definitely needs to go on loan for a season or two in the Championship.