All things Dundee FC

I know it's absolute pennies but the club can make a few by getting a decent wee run for the Colt team in the Challenge Cup. Currently holding Hibs to a 1-1 draw with 30 minutes left.

I know it's absolute pennies but the club can make a few by getting a decent wee run for the Colt team in the Challenge Cup. Currently holding Hibs to a 1-1 draw with 30 minutes left.

i think the confidence it will build with the young lads is more important than the money. also for most of the young lads on either side it will be the best days of their careers

eta - being a 30 year old dee tge challenge cup final 09 was one of the best days out ive had as a dee. slightly pips the 03 scottish cup final

Good wee result, I've checked the SPFL website and that win for the youths is the difference between an extra almost £3,000. Tiny amounts in the grand scheme of things, but not too shabby as @ah-dee said as it'll allow the younger lads to get competitive experience against a much tougher side hopefully in the next round than they'll ever get in the U18 league.

Good wee result, I've checked the SPFL website and that win for the youths is the difference between an extra almost £3,000. Tiny amounts in the grand scheme of things, but not too shabby as [mention=74015]ah-dee[/mention] said as it'll allow the younger lads to get competitive experience against a much tougher side hopefully in the next round than they'll ever get in the U18 league.
where were you following it @ludo*1?

Just now, ah-dee said:
8 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:
Good wee result, I've checked the SPFL website and that win for the youths is the difference between an extra almost £3,000. Tiny amounts in the grand scheme of things, but not too shabby as [mention=74015]ah-dee[/mention] said as it'll allow the younger lads to get competitive experience against a much tougher side hopefully in the next round than they'll ever get in the U18 league.

where were you following it @ludo*1?

Just online through a mix of George Cran's Twitter and Dundee's one. I'd half thought about going, but fell asleep!

Just online through a mix of George Cran's Twitter and Dundee's one. I'd half thought about going, but fell asleep!
ah i dont have a clue how to work twitter. really cant wait for saturday. not made a game so far this season and, as long as things dont deteriorate, should be there.

3 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Good results for the Colts tonight with Hibs winning the development league last season. Good to see we’ve pinched Yenited’s top youth prospect in Dow. Nice one whoever did that. 

Something I never asked but are any of you lot into formula 1?
Excited for Spa at the end of the month. Only thing keeping me going amid this barren spell. 
Eau rouge and raidillon have to be the greatest part of any f1 track,big balls to keep that peddle floored.

Eau rouge and raidillon have to be the greatest part of any f1 track,big balls to keep that peddle floored.
am i the only one that gets frustrated at our inability to bring in loan signings from quality clubbs? james wilson is at aberdeen, Demetri Mitchell was at hearts last season along with steven Naismith. even the likes of partick thistle, st johnstone and motherwell have picked up a decent calibre of loanee yet the closest we have got was AJLS and simon fucking murray!

52 minutes ago, ah-dee said:
1 hour ago, kevthedee said:

am i the only one that gets frustrated at our inability to bring in loan signings from quality clubbs? 

Nope. 

Quite a few recognisable names in there

Jay Emmanuel-Thomas
Federico Macheda
Soulymane coullibaly

I bet even there is one in there that’s a gem in the waiting

Blanchimont is awesome.

Great as it was when you see footage of the old complete track it’s no wonder they stopped using most of it.

Terrifying.

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

Think it's worth pointing out that Ayr have just kept their 6th successive clean sheet in a row...

That and Liam Smith were the only positives.

Quite a few recognisable names in there

Jay Emmanuel-Thomas
Federico Macheda
Soulymane coullibaly

I bet even there is one in there that’s a gem in the waiting
Emmanuel-Thomas was one that stood out looking at that list. Can't see many championship or league 1 teams down south pushing the boat out to sign him. Wonder if him and Deacon are friends and he could be tempted to join you lot?