All things Dundee FC

6 minutes ago, Meeniedee said:

Why the meltdown...boy and club couldn't agree wages ...who knows who else McCann is trying to get in as we very rarely hear of signing targets until they sign....

Miss the old days when Dundee told us about a signing before they even knew we were interested.

27 minutes ago, DigOutYourSoul said:

Which of the signings this summer were a waste of the budget given how many players have left the squad?

IMO, he's managed the squad pretty well over the summer. A player not agreeing personal terms isn't exactly earth shattering - it happens all the time.

A striker will come in, I don't think for a second we'll finish August with only Mendy and Moussa as first team strikers. 

Have you heard Yordi is coming back?

I'd have figured if he travelled all the way from Shrewsbury and even stayed to watch the game, we must have been pretty close. I'm not too disappointed as we seemed to be trying to mould him into our target man that would solve all our problems when he's primarily played in midfield all his career. 

This may see us go back in for Shankland. 

19 hours ago, G_Man1985 said:
20 hours ago, Shadow Play said:
It’s going to cost us support as well.  When I bought my season ticket I never thought for a moment Moussa would still be a first team regular.   Really don’t think I can bring myself to fork out for the privilege of watching Moussa struggle against Ayr.  Sorry but I really am that fed up of watching him.

He runs about and his old up play was good. Unsure what else you want from him

He runs about.

Did you actually just use 'he runs about' as a positive to describe a footballer's display.

Incredible.

21 minutes ago, D TOTAL said:

Is there anyone on a free just now that you would take (not just a striker)?

Maynard ex Aberdeen is currently free - no idea if he'd be that good but he's available

Eta - not going to happen but transfermarkt says so is Berbatov :wub:

Edited by locheedee

4 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

He runs about.

Did you actually just use 'he runs about' as a positive to describe a footballer's display.

Incredible.

3 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

I was being sarcastic.

Keep up.

He is shite

Myself and G_Man have been saying far longer than most that having Moussa in your team is totally unacceptable for a top flight team.  

I’m just hoping  that after a season and a bit McCann finally feels the same.

2 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

I was being sarcastic.

Keep up.

He is shite

Hm.

He is genuinely a disgrace to the club. Not only that, he parades about the field like a simpleton.

Everyone could see he was mincemeat after a few games last year. He's always going to have a game here and there where he looks acceptable. On the basis of over a season of his utter dog shite, get him to f**k - i'd be delighted if I never have to see his enormous head galavanting around the grass like a lifesize powerpod.

400069.thumb.jpg.4c038be952bb467701497236c97d9ad7.jpg

Thank you.

1 minute ago, Shadow Play said:

Myself and G_Man have been saying far longer than most that having Moussa in your team is totally unacceptable for a top flight team.  

I’m just hoping  that after a season and a bit McCann finally feels the same.

The fact McCann has him as our number one striker would suggest otherwise. 

McCann seems intelligent and it looks like he's picked up a couple of good players again in the summer. That's why it's so strange that he continues to play the moron.

The fact McCann has him as our number one striker would suggest otherwise. 
McCann seems intelligent and it looks like he's picked up a couple of good players again in the summer. That's why it's so strange that he continues to play the moron.

I think McCann wants an outlet up front and feels the type of player who can dominate with back to goal is ideal for that.
He clearly thinks / thought that Moussa would fulfil that role but I think we can all agree he isn’t the answer.

To give McCann his due I do think we’ve looked very limited when we’ve not had a ‘big’ striker playing (whether it be Moussa or Haber).

Also I don’t know if stubbornness is the reason he kept Moussa and punted Haber but he was happy to concede that the Wolters experiment was up the poley and he’s now gone.

In short I’ve no idea what’s going on in McCann’s head but Moussa needs sent to the glue factory.

Maynard ex Aberdeen is currently free - no idea if he'd be that good but he's available

Eta - not going to happen but transfermarkt says so is Berbatov :wub:

Nicky Maynard scored 0 goals in 25 games even moussa has scored from open play

I'd be keen to give Mendy the strikers role - yes he's missed a couple while settling in but there really looks like potential there. We have plenty quality in midfield for a 451 that would surely provide the kind of service that Mendy could thrive on and score a quite a few too. This lumping it up to a striker (cough) really isn't suiting the strengths of the rest of the team, why persist?