All things Dundee FC

If NM and the board are to stump up for new strikers or even just one I hope it gets done early in the week to get them bedded in with the squad and they are ready to start next week against Ayr. Obviously if we sign shankland he won't play but if Jones and quitongo sign they can play 

24 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

I’ve always rated Gowser but he seems to have lost a yard over the Summer. Maybe it’s a heavier tag this time.

Gowser is now the wrong side of 30, under 5’7” tall and to me looks a little over weight.  

He’s been a great servant to the club but I just can’t see his contract being extended at the end of the season.  

2 minutes ago, Girth said:

Has Moussa been put down yet?

Thank you.

Parkside Vets state the following - 

"We have 2 Vets and one nurse who are always on-call. One Vet covers pets while the other attends horses and farm emergencies."

I think the second part about covers it.

I just saw that Madianga was only signed onto a one year deal and will be out of contract in the Summer.
After get the striker situation sorted I'd hope the club would be working on extending that as a matter of urgency.
i was speaking to my mate about this. surely he has already shown enough promise to get a 3 year deal. reckon we can make a decent wedge off him down the line. i mean ralph got a 2 year deal iirc.

Quintongo and Jones both at Dens yesterday.

Caulker dropped due to a “fall out” about a transfers, with his drinking in Portugal still lingering fresh. Quite likely he will be sold if a decent bid comes in before the end of the month.

Stadium access is sorted and final plans signed, hence Keyes being over.

1 hour ago, DigOutYourSoul said:

Quintongo and Jones both at Dens yesterday.

Caulker dropped due to a “fall out” about a transfers, with his drinking in Portugal still lingering fresh. Quite likely he will be sold if a decent bid comes in before the end of the month.

Stadium access is sorted and final plans signed, hence Keyes being over.

Is all this factual? Fingers crossed it is. 

Ignoring rumours of fall outs etc, if we HAD to sell one of Caulker and Kamara to ensure the other one signed an extension who would people pick?

I'd be handing Kamara his extension as I type. 

29 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Ignoring rumours of fall outs etc, if we HAD to sell one of Caulker and Kamara to ensure the other one signed an extension who would people pick?

I'd be handing Kamara his extension as I type. 

Same here, Kamara is more influential  I think. I'm looking forward to seeing him play with Kharl and Elton - hopefully should be a decent midfield.

Caulker is an awesome player but I'd assume McCann could pick up another solid defender quicker than a quality midfielder* (or striker).

* other than the two I've just mentioned... :whistle

Edited by locheedee

4 hours ago, Girth said:

Has Moussa been put down yet?

Thank you.

We need a certified veterinarian to ok such a decision because we are talking about a donkey. According to SPFL rules because the donkey is contracted to one of its member clubs only the manager can make that very tough decision. Unfortunately it seems more likely that a contract extension is more likely than a termination given NM's love for said carthorse. 

I say all of this with a heavy heart, sorry.

Edited by CanadianDee
I see Boo has already beaten me to the punch on the vet joke, I'll shall read thread fully next time before jumping in with the comedy.