All things Dundee FC

Maybe I am just being a dick but I don't understand how everyone is so content with the less than mediocre preparation than McCann puts in.

Yes I'm not there and don't know what works he does bit it shows on the pitch that it is all random.

I really wish I got it but we swapped Hartley who had solid experience and poor recruitment with a guy who has had at best okay recruitment with no experience whatsoever.

I honestly see that as a bigger problem than a goal scorer because he has demonstrated he doesn't have the capacity to learn from mistakes and as others are saying is persisting with certain players because of extravagant claims.

I would much prefer he just said that he made a mistake, addressed it and got on with the job. There's nothing wrong with being a rookie but there is every problem with continuously making those mistakes.

If I'm on my own with this thinking that's alright we all have our own opinions and we all love Dundee but what really is the club's biggest issue because the consensus seems to be goal scorer.

2 minutes ago, Crawford said:

Maybe I am just being a dick but I don't understand how everyone is so content with the less than mediocre preparation than McCann puts in.

Yes I'm not there and don't know what works he does bit it shows on the pitch that it is all random.

I really wish I got it but we swapped Hartley who had solid experience and poor recruitment with a guy who has had at best okay recruitment with no experience whatsoever.

I honestly see that as a bigger problem than a goal scorer because he has demonstrated he doesn't have the capacity to learn from mistakes and as others are saying is persisting with certain players because of extravagant claims.

I would much prefer he just said that he made a mistake, addressed it and got on with the job. There's nothing wrong with being a rookie but there is every problem with continuously making those mistakes.

If I'm on my own with this thinking that's alright we all have our own opinions and we all love Dundee but what really is the club's biggest issue because the consensus seems to be goal scorer.

If he would settle on a back four I think things would be so much better for us. For whatever reason caulker didn't play but that's two changes to the back four in the space of a week with Ralph coming in aswell, all the best teams at any level and any league in the world have a settled keeper and defence, imo its fundamental in football. And we create chance after chance but don't have a striker to finish the chances and its been like that since KH left. 

If NM doesn't learn from mistakes soon it might be too late for him, not the club because we have enough quality for another manager to keep us up

16 minutes ago, Crawford said:

I think you're at the 'wind up'.

37 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

I think you're at the 'wind up'.

I'm not on the wind up. I'm just really concerned and was asking for everyone else's take on it. 

What do you think because it's the other side of it that I want to hear about.

I reckon we will see Sam Jones announced tomorrow. I'd be highly disappointed if we delayed it until Monday, because Sunday is the most boring day of the week. 

The key will be what type of player he's described as by McCann, because I don't know if we see him as another creative player or the battering ram we are hoping for to remove Moussa. 

It's weird, because I want in another striker even if Jones is deemed to be our battering ram. 

We need at least 1 more striker and a LB not including Jones. 

Moussa can f**k off with that stupid 'what ma like' smile/laugh he does every time he hits a decent chance into another fucking stratosphere. If we can't play as ateam without him upfront then we may as well fold. He CAN GTF. 

Madianga is a baller and  nabi looked decent when he came on but when you consider the guys he was being compared to upfront that's not actually that good praise. 

We looked okay today but the fact we're halfway through August and McCann hasn't addressed clear issues upfront is criminal. 

No panic button being hit but I'm pissed off. 

2 hours ago, Crawford said:

I'm not on the wind up. I'm just really concerned and was asking for everyone else's take on it. 

What do you think because it's the other side of it that I want to hear about.

Watched it today first hand, no reason to be concerned.

Agree with Biggie here. The quality of the team today was heads over what was served up last year, ( ok, first quarter and teams learn to play each other in the second quarter) However I saw major improvements on last year.
Clearly we all agree that Moussa is not a footballer, however many aspects of his game are commendable. Unfortunately as a striker you must be able to strike and in this aspect he is clearly wanting.
We desperately need someone to come in and do a job. I had hoped that Craig would be the answer but is not the target man that McCann wants.
Today however I am not too despondent as over the years our results against Aberdeen have not defined our season, in fact had we gained the point we deserved today it would have. Been an improvement.
On to the Saintees...

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

I reckon we will see Sam Jones announced tomorrow. I'd be highly disappointed if we delayed it until Monday, because Sunday is the most boring day of the week. 

The key will be what type of player he's described as by McCann, because I don't know if we see him as another creative player or the battering ram we are hoping for to remove Moussa. 

It's weird, because I want in another striker even if Jones is deemed to be our battering ram. 

We need at least 1 more striker and a LB not including Jones. 

I thought Ralph had a good game today , maybe left back not so urgent , rather 2 strikers 

9 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Just watched the Sam Jones video clip. The boy looks decent. A born again Christian too so hopefully not a nutcase.

I'm always suspicious of the 'born again' types myself but the last overtly religious player we had was Sara and he worked out OK!

43 minutes ago, harry94 said:
52 minutes ago, locheedee said:
I'm always suspicious of the 'born again' types myself but the last overtly religious player we had was Sara and he worked out OK!

Riccardo Calder and his tweets...

Haha, I didn't realise he was a god botherer - hopefully Jones is more Sara than Calder then!

Based on the second half yesterday I don’t actually know where nabi’s best position is.

I’m actually genuinely excited about the midfield potential.

Madianga and Kamara - if they can work together - could be fantastic.

Then Elton and Nabi look like they’ve got some genuine creative ability. There were 3-4 passes Nabi played yesterday which were fantastic.

Overall I think the teams in good shape, hopefully Ralph can keep performing like that yesterday.

First time we have agreed in a while.

Take it that would mean no McGowan either which id be happy about.

Also the team may look in good shape as a starting 11 just feel our bench is pretty week. I didn't look at it yesterday n think he will make a big difference. If Nabi starts I will think even less about our bench.

However if the starting 11 get the 3 points then I shouldn't worry.

Right now however that is not the case.

Time to batter on into the next round of the cup.

I’ve always rated Gowser but he seems to have lost a yard over the Summer. Maybe it’s a heavier tag this time.