All things Dundee FC

McCann can have no excuses for what has happened today,he knew what our weakness was at the end of the season.

He has had the whole summer to rectify it and has failed to do so.

People can argue it's only 1 game into the season but how many times did it happen last season.

I'll give him until the first round of fixtures before I judge him.

When people say we need to get the cheque book out I look at the likes of Moussa  still a starter and think that may be there isn't a cheque book or money to back it up. That unless we get lucky with someone on a free of good quality what we see is what we will get this season.

Edited by rainbowrising

5 minutes ago, kevthedee said:

McCann can have no excuses for what has happened today,he knew what our weakness was at the end of the season.

The end of the season??? We've been looking for a goal scorer since Kane left. Can't believe we had so many chances and couldn't put them away. 

Sorry, meant to say "Can totally believe..."

Struggling to see where our first points will come from now... (well, apart from playing the fermers.)

When people say we need to get the cheque book out I look at the likes of Moussa  still a starter and think that may be there isn't a cheque book or money to back it up. That unless we get lucky with someone on a free of good quality what we see is what we will get this season.

Absolutely agree.

Makes it all the more staggering that we spent money on a goalie who couldn’t get a game because his “kicking was poor, decision making was poor and couldn’t handle the fans at Tynecastle getting on top of him.”

Our forward line is fucking pathetic and has been from before McCann even came in. The fact nothing's been done to address it is a shambles and completely inexcusable. We're weaker than last season (IMO) and it's not fucking rocket science to see what happens when you take a bunch of strikers out of a team that couldn't score to save itself and replace them with 1 (ONE) unknown quality.

I'm still pissed off so will refrain from posting more rants and making an arse of myself.

40 minutes ago, kevthedee said:

He has had the whole summer to rectify it and has failed to do so.

People can argue it's only 1 game into the season but how many times did it happen last season.

I'll give him until the first round of fixtures before I judge him.

You just did judge him!

2 minutes ago, dd23 said:

“It’s an error and he’ll learn from it”

Wish he’d apply that logic to his own stubbornness.

That's it. He suffers from wee man syndrome so sayeth everyone that has ever worked with him. We shouldn't grumble otherwise the thicko will persist with his mistakes. Aka playing out from the back and playing Hamilton.

1 hour ago, Shadow Play said:

Time to show my psychic powers:  McCann to defend Hamilton in his post match interview.......then drop him after 3 or 4 games........play Parish for 3 or 4 games, then drop him, etc etc.

No reason to suspect McCann will treat the keeper’s position any differently than he does the rest of the team.

37 minutes ago, kevthedee said:

Whoosh,think he's missing the point about our chances Screenshot_20180804-175002_Chrome.jpg.4952bdef089ea77c10966c448c3108d5.jpg

Part one of the prediction has came true.  Anyone want to bet against the second part coming true?  No, I didn’t think so :(

1 hour ago, kevthedee said:

Whoosh,think he's missing the point about our chances Screenshot_20180804-175002_Chrome.jpg.4952bdef089ea77c10966c448c3108d5.jpg

I sincerely hope he's just sticking up for him because he has to. He was very poor today IMO not just the howler at the end. 

6 minutes ago, LincolnHearts said:

He'll bounce back from that, just hope the Dundee fans get behind him.

Might not be the worst idea in the world to get a brainfart like that out the way early doors. Guaranteed it'll be Row Z from now on.

Dundee fans don't tend to be a forgiving bunch. 

I'm more concerned that that goal has cost us from getting a point on the board before we play Aberdeen. 

8 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I'm more concerned that that goal has cost us from getting a point on the board before we play Aberdeen. 

My exact worry too. This is off the top of my head and probably bullshit but I can recall only one occasion where we've not lost at home to Aberdeen in the league since we were promoted. 

St Johnstone away, Motherwell at home, Rangers away and then Hibs at home. It's well feasible that we could be sitting on about 2 points at the end of September. 

The way in which we lost today will have had a massive psychological impact on the players today. Couple that with a pumping next week and a shock(?) defeat to Ayr in the cup and the atmosphere will be grim.

I assume McCann has told your keeper to always play it to either full back? Was apparent very early that was the case and we started closing them both down when they went back to receive it. Fair enough trying to play football from the back but sometimes it just needs to be booted down the park.

What worries me about Hamilton’s blunder is he almost had one in the first half which he got lucky with. He did pull of    a couple of decent saves however it’s all negated when he throws away the game. 

McCann has brought in Hamilton so he isn’t going to hang him to dry, however he will only learn if he gets a rocket about it

Thought Dundee were doing alright today so there was positives today even if it doesn’t feel it. Great turn out by the fans. 

Still need a forward and a left back, which I’m beleaguered how we haven’t managed to find any of a good standard 

Just now, Biscuits said:

I assume McCann has told your keeper to always play it to either full back? Was apparent very early that was the case and we started closing them both down when they went back to receive it. Fair enough trying to play football from the back but sometimes it just needs to be booted down the park.

It was the same last season and he'll never change it. We could get pumped 5-0 every week and he'll never think of changing our style of play.