All things Dundee FC

8 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

McCall releasing a statement:

http://www.ayrunitedfc.co.uk/club-statement/

In a nutshell: "It would be wrong of me to mention any clubs that are interested, plus a member of my staff has already leaked that it's Dundee. I'll pretend there are other clubs making inquiries so I can squeeze as much money from Dundee as possible. 

By the way, I am a wee fat b*****d who never won a derby. Thank you. "

Do we have any idea what our strongest 11 is.......

Centre half pairing of Caulker n Meekings.

At the moment I’d say:

Either keeper

Curran
Caulker
Meekings (maybe Kusunga)
Kerr

Madianga
Kamara
Ngwatala

Wighton

Mendy
Moussa

However this depends on Nabi and also what formation we play. I’d prefer at least one of McGowan (not sure on his fitness at the moment) and Spence but also think we need both Moussa and mendy for either to work.

Then would hate to leave Wighton out as he’s always capable of something.

Basically this is a really long way of saying I haven’t a clue...

6 minutes ago, stu2910 said:

...However this depends on Nabi and also what formation we play. I’d prefer at least one of McGowan (not sure on his fitness at the moment) and Spence but also think we need both Moussa and mendy for either to work.

I know the feeling. To sum it up. In order to make full use of our strength in midfield while still maintaining some goal threat we need to go with a 4-2-3-4 formation.

Who'd be a manager?

Edited by rambling syd rumpo

24 minutes ago, stu2910 said:

At the moment I’d say:

Either keeper

Curran
Caulker
Meekings (maybe Kusunga)
Kerr

Madianga
Kamara
Ngwatala

Wighton

Mendy
Moussa

However this depends on Nabi and also what formation we play. I’d prefer at least one of McGowan (not sure on his fitness at the moment) and Spence but also think we need both Moussa and mendy for either to work.

Nabi had a trial with us came on as a sub the Sunderland game looked very poor Stubbs dropped his interest bit surprised you gave him a deal. Ayr fan saying we are sniffing out Shankland. If it happens it will be his third time with us. Who knows ? 

Nabi had a trial with us came on as a sub the Sunderland game looked very poor Stubbs dropped his interest bit surprised you gave him a deal. Ayr fan saying we are sniffing out Shankland. If it happens it will be his third time with us. Who knows ? 

Scored for us V Sunderland pre season. I seen him versus Cowdenbeath and he looked tricky but did too much at times, looks like a decent enough winger in what I seen of him.

Buzzing for Saturday. 

Been erect for the last 48 hours and there's no signs of it ending anytime soon. Infact the length just continues to grow by the day.

By 14.58 on Saturday the mast will be unleashed across the pitch from the derry vessel with a flag flying upon the end of the non deluded ones creation with a flag of honour in the name of Tommy Craig

Thank you.

This is my prediction for Saturday. 

Happy enough with this team for Saturday and by my reckoning it's make the bench something like: Hamilton, Kasunga(if fit), Wighton, Nabi, Henvey, Spence, Curran. 

Plenty enough options. A striker and a left back would round the squad off nicely for me. Think I like the look of that team better than the team which started against County last season. 

lineup.png

I kind of get the feeling of release clause with Shankland. Thistle were also mentioned as well. Ayr's statement to me kind of reads like he will be off and their briefing of the fee reminds me of when Dundee spent months putting a large price tag on Hemmings only for it to not materialise. Could be as simple as it looks but just a hunch.

For what it's worth, Nabi has been with us all summer but was allowed (well we couldn't exactly stop him) to play for St Mirren so I don't know how much of it was him just making up the numbers rather than a player Stubbs sought out? He looked like he had a touch in a friendly at Cowdenbeath but hard to tell in these games.

20 minutes ago, Den Spark said:

IMO it would be a mistake to go with Curran at RB and Kerr at LB. Neither are comfortable in those positions. I fear that will be McCann's selection, though.

If Curran plays it should be RWB in 3-5-2. Don't think he's good enough defensively to be a RB but is good bombing forward. 

7 hours ago, DigOutYourSoul said:

On another note:

Verging on some serious heads gones on TDB forum.

I'm glad most on here are fairly reasonable. 

Half the people on that forum are delusional idiots, and its moderated by a group of people who are c'nts.