All things Dundee FC

2 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

This is a shambles. Coming on and reading about the past....

The league starts this weekend. So exciting :-)

That's the spirit G_man,  how you boys looking for the up coming season? I watched the Dunfermline game, pretty pish game tbf but that was without your best player.

11 minutes ago, Tibbermoresaint said:

By qualified I mean qualified to play in Europe. It's a very simple concept. 

You qualified through league position  to play in the qualifiers  for a European competition. You then got knocked out and didn't play in the European competition. Stop lying to yourself. Did you play in the Europa League? It's a simple question, which still hasn't been answered. 

Edited by DeeBairn

4 minutes ago, DeeBairn said:

You qualified through league position  to play in the qualifiers  for a European competition. You then got knocked out and didn't play in the European competition. Stop lying to yourself. Did you play in the Europa League? It's a simple question, which still hasn't been answered. 

Will the pair of you just stop please, it's all been said many times before.

10 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Last two games we have had two clean sheets. Regardless of who we are playing can only be a good thing. For me the first game is a tough one but may give an indication of how we will get on this season.
Hopefully less tombola.

Still unsure who our team captain is

Think McCann knows his best team? Has it not been  bit tombola since he came in? Surely Gowser for captain or has he been stripped of favours because of his past troubles?

Just now, Tibbermoresaint said:

Correct. Thank you.

You qualified for a qualifier.

The Europa League comes after the qualifiers. It's not hard, but you're a deluded fuckwit.

Moving on. 

7 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Will the pair of you just stop please, it's all been said many times before.

Totally agree; rephrasing the same argument multiple times. One person thinks one thing, the other thinks another and neither are going to change their minds!

9 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Think McCann knows his best team? Has it not been  bit tombola since he came in? Surely Gowser for captain or has he been stripped of favours because of his past troubles?

The fact Nelms went to the courthouse and sat with him suggests they don't really care. As a club, sure why not but as a citizen it's deplorable.

Assault is assault and when you get off with it that many times is just contempt for the public.

McCann said the armband is trivial so it will be tumbola like the starting XI.

8 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

To try and get away from this complete nonsense this morning. I think for the most part he knows the team he wants to start with at the weekend. I think there are probably two positions where he's going to need to make a decision - assuming everyone is fit - LB and GK. 

Parish/Hamilton (Decision 1)

Kerr

Caulker

Meekings

Ralph/Curran (Decision 2 will impact Kerr at RB)

Kamara

McGowan

Madianga

Ngwatala

Moussa

Mendy

Seeing as you brought up attendances here is last season's averages. Oh dear oh dear. Lower than almost half of the championship teams......
Screenshot_2018-07-30-10-00-59.thumb.png.e8d93dd1c70676163c793d07483a2d2b.png
Dundee must either:
•Have one of the highest PATG:ST holder ratios in the league, or
•Understate season ticket sales.

If it's the former, then the gamble of targeting PATG fans' pockets to boost ST sales hasn't worked, and we will probably see another decrease in attendances as a result.

26 minutes ago, DigOutYourSoul said:

To try and get away from this complete nonsense this morning. I think for the most part he knows the team he wants to start with at the weekend. I think there are probably two positions where he's going to need to make a decision - assuming everyone is fit - LB and GK. 

Kerr

Caulker

Meekings

Kamara

McGowan

Madianga

Ngwatala

Moussa

Mendy

Do you think that team would do well this season?

Regarding our team, which you may or may not want to know :lol:. It has basically been turned around regarding personnel. Youngsters in defence, which will no doubt concede some stupid goals, but it will benifit us in the long run. Midfield needs 1 more player beside Davidson and we're set. Up front will be Watt, McMillan and then Kane and Hendry as back up. Tommy has got all his first choice targets so far so things are looking up. The league is looking quite strong this year, canny wait.

Regarding our team, which you may or may not want to know :lol:. It has basically been turned around regarding personnel. Youngsters in defence, which will no doubt concede some stupid goals, but it will benifit us in the long run. Midfield needs 1 more player beside Davidson and we're set. Up front will be Watt, McMillan and then Kane and Hendry as back up. Tommy has got all his first choice targets so far so things are looking up. The league is looking quite strong this year, canny wait.

I realise some SJ fans don’t know this but you do have your own thread to discuss your team.

We couldn’t give a f**k about you c***s.

3 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Personally I like the look of Mendy, Elton and Madianga and think all are upgrades on what we had in similar.

"Well" is subjective, but I'm certainly not anywhere near as worried as some seem. For me it comes down to expectation. The top 4, arguably 5 with Hearts, are pretty much sewn up - IMO. Therefore, targeting 6th is like winning the league at this point - which is a perfectly acceptable aim for our clubs. I expect a relatively middling season above Livingston, St Mirren and Hamilton while competing with yourselves, Motherwell and Killie the places between 9th and 6th - that's my opinion on it all.  

As for your team I like the addition of Watt and Kennedy. I know nothing about McMillan but he seems to have a decent enough record in Ireland. 

2 minutes ago, DigOutYourSoul said:

Personally I like the look of Mendy, Elton and Madianga and think all are upgrades on what we had in similar.

"Well" is subjective, but I'm certainly not anywhere near as worried as some seem. For me it comes down to expectation. The top 4, arguably 5 with Hearts, are pretty much sewn up - IMO. Therefore, targeting 6th is like winning the league at this point - which is a perfectly acceptable aim for our clubs. I expect a relatively middling season above Livingston, St Mirren and Hamilton while competing with yourselves, Motherwell and Killie the places between 9th and 6th - that's my opinion on it all.  

As for your team I like the addition of Watt and Kennedy. I know nothing about McMillan but he seems to have a decent enough record in Ireland. 

based on watching the extended highlights vs dunfermline (which may not be representative, granted) , you are right in the relegation scrap and McCann doesn't know what he's doing.

1 minute ago, DigOutYourSoul said:

The one i've been impressed most by is the lad Wright from Colchester, yes Colchester, I know before any c**t says it :lol:

By the time we play you the only midfielder you recognise could be Davidson. New centre backs and new attack as well, could go either way really.

1 hour ago, DigOutYourSoul said:

Kerr

Caulker

Meekings

Kamara

McGowan

Madianga

Ngwatala

Moussa

Mendy

Out of what I would regard as our "proper first team" squad, that leaves us with Kusunga, Deacon, Wighton & Spence for the bench, along with the young strikers, whichever of the "2 decisions" mentioned above doesn't make the team and assorted other youngsters (Lambert, Jeffries etc) . Still need at least one more striker (possibly Croatian, I hear they are doing well this year :whistle) and full back cover, plus possibly midfield creativity, depending on how well Rocket-Man does. Just hope he's got something up his sleeve...