All things Dundee FC

Parish 10/10, has nothing to do the whole game so getting a 10.

Curran - excellent going forward, really like him and if McCann is going 352 I think he might be preferred to Kerr. Great crossing.

Caulker and Meekings strolled it.

Kerr, as said above he’s never a left back so can’t really say much. His shot at the end was one of he worst I’ve ever seen.

Madianga was man of the match for me. Once he gets properly fit he could be a very special player for us. Looks a great find. A midfield 3 comprising of him kamara Elton or McGowan should be very decent.

Thought Elton and McHowan both down fine but Karl was running the show.

Spence done his job well, took his goal really well and think he’s a good squad player.
Like the look of Mendy, as others said he makes some really good runs and gets into good spots.

Wighton proved what I’d been thinking about him, that he’s more suited to being out wider than through the middle. Was fairly anonymous today.

Happy enough that moussa kasunga and kamara have still to come into that team today.

Another striker and a full back and I think the team is set.

Everything above must be caveated by the fact that Brechin are horrendous.

In other news, the stadium is likely to be advancing quickly soon with the access issues close to being resolved and agreed with planning application to follow.

15 minutes ago, DigOutYourSoul said:

Parish 10/10, has nothing to do the whole game so getting a 10.

Curran - excellent going forward, really like him and if McCann is going 352 I think he might be preferred to Kerr. Great crossing.

Caulker and Meekings strolled it.

Kerr, as said above he’s never a left back so can’t really say much. His shot at the end was one of he worst I’ve ever seen.

Madianga was man of the match for me. Once he gets properly fit he could be a very special player for us. Looks a great find. A midfield 3 comprising of him kamara Elton or McGowan should be very decent.

Thought Elton and McHowan both down fine but Karl was running the show.

Spence done his job well, took his goal really well and think he’s a good squad player.
Like the look of Mendy, as others said he makes some really good runs and gets into good spots.

Wighton proved what I’d been thinking about him, that he’s more suited to being out wider than through the middle. Was fairly anonymous today.

Happy enough that moussa kasunga and kamara have still to come into that team today.

Another striker and a full back and I think the team is set.

Everything above must be caveated by the fact that Brechin are horrendous.

In other news, the stadium is likely to be advancing quickly soon with the access issues close to being resolved and agreed with planning application to follow.

Was it not Spence that had that wild shot that ended up halfway over the right hand side of the Coxy?

McGowan's weekly over the bar shot was brutal as well. Great cut back that sat perfectly for him in acres of space, 12 yards out - predictably ended up on the moon. 

Was it not Spence that had that wild shot that ended up halfway over the right hand side of the Coxy?
McGowan's weekly over the bar shot was brutal as well. Great cut back that sat perfectly for him in acres of space, 12 yards out - predictably ended up on the moon. 
Nah it was Cammy on his left foot

Gowser also had 2 other really decent efforts well saved. Gowser looks like he might have lost a bit more pace today. If Kamara and Deacon return Gowser could be the one missing out this season.

When Cammy plays on the left the whole balance of the teams wrong,kept checking inside onto his right foot slowing the play up.No his fault but if Ralph's not upto it I can see us having problems if Elton plays left wide/midfield.

On another note see when somebody on  Off the Ball gives your side "team of the week" when you win against Elgin.

That's when you Ken.

I’m ready to be shot down, but we will seriously struggle with Mendy, Moussa, and Wighton as our attackers. Today both Wighton and Mendy were anonymous against a part time defence. We need 1 - a GGH or Greg Stewart type of player and 2 - A recognised goal scorer. If we don’t get players in this week then it’s gonna be a long season.

I’m ready to be shot down, but we will seriously struggle with Mendy, Moussa, and Wighton as our attackers. Today both Wighton and Mendy were anonymous against a part time defence. We need 1 - a GGH or Greg Stewart type of player and 2 - A recognised goal scorer. If we don’t get players in this week then it’s gonna be a long season.
whilst i agree with you every team in the bottom 6/7 are looking for a creater and a finisher so we might end up with those 3.

you know the saying - you can only piss with the cock you've got!

Reading some of the opinions above, I must have been at a different game. We laboured to beat a part time, league one side, just a few days after Dunfermline skelped them.

31 minutes ago, PELE JNR said:

You won’t get shot down from me with regards to Moussa.  It’s laughable that anyone would think Moussa is in any way an acceptable striker for Dundee FC.  First choice striker taking until April to score a goal from open play is extremely poor to say the least.

Wighton has had a difficult spell and he has to push on this season.

Early days for Mendy.

7 minutes ago, srw said:

Reading some of the opinions above, I must have been at a different game. We laboured to beat a part time, league one side, just a few days after Dunfermline skelped them.

Totally agree. We are seriously struggling for goals and we don't look solid enough at the back. Happy with midfield but we need to strengthen the defence and up front. The team we have right now are heading for a relegation battle again.

13 minutes ago, srw said:

"Laboured" :lol:

25 shots, 11 on target, 70% possession. 

17 minutes ago, srw said:

Laboured? Hardly. Brechin were determined they weren't going to get humped again after that thrashing. They were totally outplayed, but they were happy enough to avoid another humiliation. Their supporters were delighted with a 2-0 defeat, but they were never anywhere near stopping us winning.

6 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

"Laboured" :lol:

25 shots, 11 on target, 70% possession. 

Yes laboured.

We played tippy tappy pish as usual, our attackers were non existent as usual. Considering the opponents, it was nowhere near what should be expected.

The performance simply wasnt good enough, anyone who was there should be saying that.

7 minutes ago, srw said:

Yes laboured.

We played tippy tappy pish as usual, our attackers were non existent as usual. Considering the opponents, it was nowhere near what should be expected.

The performance simply wasnt good enough, anyone who was there should be saying that.

The definition of laboured is done with great difficulty and effort. It wasn't that. 

I think we would all like to have seen us rip them apart and score a few more but just because we didn't doesn't mean it translates as laboured. We won't have an easier game all season. 

Comparing results to what other teams have done is not how football works I'm afraid or else it would all be a bit predictable. 

3 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

The definition of laboured is done with great difficulty and effort. It wasn't that. 

I think we would all like to have seen us rip them apart and score a few more but just because we didn't doesn't mean it translates as laboured. We won't have an easier game all season. 

Comparing results to what other teams have done is not how football works I'm afraid or else it would all be a bit predictable. 

.....unless we draw United in the Scottish Cup Dee Man.

22 minutes ago, srw said:

Yes laboured.

Take out the 1st and last sentence and that’s a fair reflection. Strikers were non existent although Wighton had a decent effort off the post.