All things Dundee FC

3 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

A fucking good point saying Hamilton wasn't flapping in the second half? :lol:That is only true because he was on his line shiteing it, the boy will cost you points against better sides this season.

Against every side this season. Suddenly kind of worried about playing St Johnstone.

We paid money for Hamilton and we are clearly desperate for 2 strikers (I think you can usually pick up a good keeper for free).  Working that one out should keep us busy until the winter break*

For all the United fans reading this - the winter break is where the top league in the country closes early January.

We were awful today and Dunfermline deserved the win.
Probably an unpopular opinion but Cammy Kerr is just not up to this level of football, terrible today.
Agree. He might be derry'd oot his nut but he's not good enough imho.

10 minutes ago, ah-dee said:
22 minutes ago, Dariusz said:
Agree. He might be derry'd oot his nut but he's not good enough imho.

i think he would be more than capable of playing at this level if he could cross the ball.

And I'd be more than capable if I were a professional footballer. He's perfectly adequate for our level. Still a young lad at the end of the day, can always improve crossing ability; you can't develop Derry-itis.

16 minutes ago, kevthedee said:

Hamilton has played 2 competitive games for us And already people are getting on his back,fucking shitebags,Piss off and support Utd ya greeting faced turds.

Whit? You not allowed to analyse and criticise anymore? How many games does he have to have played before we are allowed to start commenting on his performances.

I could maybe see your point if we were hurling abuse at him from the stands but this is a discussion board to, ye ken, discuss things. 

Whit? You not allowed to analyse and criticise anymore? How many games does he have to have played before we are allowed to start commenting on his performances.
I could maybe see your point if we were hurling abuse at him from the stands but this is a discussion board to, ye ken, discuss things. 

Don't think it will be long before people are shouting at him,dundee fans have a serious lack of patience.

Hamilton looks glued to his line and essentially caused Kusunga's injury because he failed to appropriately deal with a shot straight at him which led to Kusunga needing to make a desperate last ditch tackle to stop it being 0-2. 

It's 2 games, but Parish looks much more commanding and I don't think Parish is of excellent quality. 

I much prefer commanding keepers to ones that pull off the spectacular as a commanding keeper alleviates a lot of pressure from the defence. 

Hamilton looks glued to his line and essentially caused Kusunga's injury because he failed to appropriately deal with a shot straight at him which led to Kusunga needing to make a desperate last ditch tackle to stop it being 0-2. 
It's 2 games, but Parish looks much more commanding and I don't think Parish is of excellent quality. 
I much prefer commanding keepers to ones that pull off the spectacular as a commanding keeper alleviates a lot of pressure from the defence. 
i think we could struggle without kusunga if hes out for any length of time. i tgought he was carrying the defence yesterday himself

1 hour ago, kevthedee said:

Hamilton has played 2 competitive games for us And already people are getting on his back,fucking shitebags,Piss off and support Utd ya greeting faced turds.

Not getting on his back and you won’t hear me shouting at him either.   I am questioning whether it was wise to pay a transfer fee for him.  Especially when it’s so obvious other areas of the team need improving.  

I thought it was interesting that in his post match interview McCann said he didn’t blame Hamilton for the goal.  That was from a basic question as to what he thought of the goal.  I don’t think the reporter even mentioned Hamilton.

For me, it was a cross that was 6 yards out from goal.  IMHO Hamilton should have went for it rather than leaving a static Kerr to compete in a jump with a running Longridge.

Like you say though, early days.  

Personally don't think Hamilton can come for that ball without "flapping" at it, Ralph being out of position for the original ball into the striker, then getting skinned due to being on his heels is more of an issue in my opinion. 

Not going to get too concerned about that game yesterday, although its the League Cup, the group stages are still essentially pre-season, IMO.  I think the one thing it highlights is that a midfielder and striker are needed to add depth to this squad. I like both Madianga and Elton but neither of them sit in the Kamara position and we look poor without him. I'm unsure if that points to his undoubted quality or lack of options when he's not there. 

Still think McCanns ideal formation when we get going will be a 352 of some sort with Caulker Kasunga and Meekings at the back.

36 minutes ago, RawB93 said:

Totally agree, actually follow him on twitter and he's always come across well. Good set of appointments, Lawell included. Wonder if this will actually bear any fruit at the top?

Funny that I follow him for his transfer day shenanigans. Always keeps the fans at Motherwell informed. 

I imagine that although they are on the board it is a bit like a school council. The kids say their piece and it's written down on paper and then tossed in the nearest bin.