All things Dundee FC

1 hour ago, Crawford said:

I think what folk (sorry to who it was because I can't remember your username) was saying about it being only if we managed to shift Haber sounds about right then.

Shame that because McCann sounded really positive on him.

For what it's worth the Mirren fans seem unimpressed on social media with the three trialists they rolled out there today vs a Sunderland side that we swatted aside.  'Horrific', 'utterly chronic', and 'one of the worst players' etc., type comments being thrown around here, there, and everywhere about the 3 trialists that played for them today. So having said that I hope Stubbsy quickly signs them up!

But seriously as a Dundee fan I'm always worried about at least a half dozen things to do with the club at any given time, but Adil Nabi isn't one of them. 

I know that I'm swimming upstream on what I'm about to say here, and it kind of appears as though there is no way back for our fashion favourite Haber in McCann's eyes, but I don't think it would be the worst thing in the world if he could work his way back into the side somehow. If we're determined to play a big lump upfront like NM seems to want to do Moussa has a) shown no sustained ability to replicate his League 2 opposition showings against Prem sides, b) Moussa will also not be able to play a full season without going down a couple of times.

Haber despite seeming like an utter poser off the pitch has proven he can play at this level and if he regains his form when he first arrived he can play in a pair of ripped breeks and a backwards hat for all I care. Moussa seems to be a more down to earth friendly guy than El Habes, but I don't care about any of that if he starts stumbling and bumbling about the pitch when we are playing teams where we may only get a handful of good chances in a match. Missing sitters against Stirling is fine when you know you'll get about ten more chances to score against them.

Anyways I back McCann and if he wants to shift Haber then fine, but I hope that if it doesn't happen he doesn't simply get frozen out as big old Marcus is the only straight replacement we have for the Moose whether thru injury or just for subbie purposes. Anyways my tin hat is on if required.

Edited by CanadianDee
Spelling

3 minutes ago, CanadianDee said:

For what it's worth the Mirren fans seem unimpressed on social media with the three trialists they rolled out there today vs a Sunderland side that we swatted aside.  'Horrific', 'utterly chronic', and 'one of the worst players' etc., type comments being thrown around here, there, and everywhere about the 3 trialists that played for them today. So having said that I hope Stubbsy quickly signs them up!

But seriously as a Dundee fan I'm always worried about at least a half dozen things to do with the club at any given time, but Adil Nabi isn't one of them. 

I know that I'm swimming upstream on what I'm about to say here, and it kind of appears as though there is no way back for our fashion favourite Haber in McCann's eyes, but I don't think it would be the worst thing in the world if he could work his way back into the side somehow. If we're determined to play a big lump upfront like NM seems to want to do Moussa has a) shown no sustained ability to replicate his League 2 opposition showings against Prem sides, b) Moussa will also not be able to play a full season without going down a couple of times.

Haber despite seeming like an utter poser off the pitch has proven he can play at this level and if he regains his form when he first arrived he can play in a pair of ripped breeks and a backwards hat for all I care. Moussa seems to be a more down to earth friendly guy than El Habes, but I don't care about any of that if he starts stumbling and bumbling about the pitch when we are playing teams where we may only get a handful of good chances in a match. Missing sitters against Stirling is fine when you know you'll get about 6 more chances to score against them.

Anyways I back McCann and if he wants to shift Haber then fine, but I hope that if it doesn't happen he doesn't simply get frozen out as big old Marcus is the only straight replacement we have for the Moose whether thru injury or just for subbie purposes. Anyways my tin hat is on if required.

No you make a good point that we don't have a replacement slab of meat for the Tunisian Yak and it does seem to be McCanns plan to have the moose there should we need to play route one football at any point.

I think the fashion commander will end up playing when moose gets injured and run his contract out. It's actually an insentive for him to play better football because people will be watching for a free transfer and or could give McCann something to think about.

23 minutes ago, CanadianDee said:

I hope Stubbsy quickly signs them up!

I hope that if it doesn't happen he doesn't simply get frozen out as big old Marcus is the only straight replacement we have for the Moose whether thru injury or just for subbie purposes.

14 minutes ago, Crawford said:

I think the fashion commander will end up playing when moose gets injured and run his contract out.

I think Nabi wasn't fit enough for McCann - he said a few times he liked him but he always followed it up with some comment about needing to see more of him when he was fit...

I'm guessing he's not got any better tho since Stubbs has binned him already. Can't say I'm worried that we didn't sign him, other than that it's left us very short up top but I do hope we can get another striker or two in!

+

I agree, I think Haber could be a good player for us, the problem seems to be that he doesn't seem interested these days... Might just be a fall out with McCann or it might be a result of his injuries, but he had chances to prove McCann wrong last season and did the square root of fk all.

I'd be happy enough if he came back and played like he did when we first signed him but I'm pretty sure he's just wanting away now

Played in the right formation, Haber is by quite a distance, the best forward we've had since Hemmings. He's not a finisher though and he's not a work horse. 

His 6 months under Hartley, there was a stay saying he'd won more headers than any CH in the league. He's utterly dominant in the air and a very good link up man. The problem is he doesn't suit McCann's style whatsoever so just looks lazy as a result. 

4 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
2 hours ago, johnnydun said:
BT Sport 2 mate.

No chance of getting a pub in Kos to put it on - they've all either got the golf, F1 or cricket on.

Do a deal, get a few other football fans and say you'll spend copious amount of euros if you put the football on. Job done.

3 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

That's what I thought as well, then you've got an individual like @mungo who will join in with the DAB's, and quite happily stab fellow Dee's right in the back.

You sent abusive messages to me because I gave your cat a red dot. "Stab fellow Dee's in the back"?.....I think you need to take a look in the mirror, and while your at it book an appointment with a psychologist.  You have come across very badly in the last couple of day and trying to deflect your own deficiencies onto others is adding to your embarrassment.  

Edited to add: Morrissey is shite.

Edited by mungo

Just now, mungo said:

You sent abusive messages to me because I gave your cat a red dot. "Stab fellow Dee's in the back"?.....I think you need to take a look in the mirror, and while your at it book an appointment with a psychologist.  You have come across very badly in the last couple of day and trying to deflect your own deficiencies onto others is adding to your embarrassment.  

^^^^^Dayglo snake.