All things Dundee FC

9 hours ago, Dabslayer said:

45E2BDE6-6FCC-465D-BA4B-6EF97F4A78E0.jpeg

Enough supermarkets in Dundee as it is. Need something the city doesn't already have. How about demolishing the stadium and racing it with a nice set of five a side pitches? 

55 minutes ago, Dabslayer said:

False. I just don’t believe it should be a hatred-based rivalry like the OF. Hope you’re feeling better

Pish - 99% of what gets dealt to the Dabs on here is banter and for those of us with long memories it’s frankly well deserved. Nothing being said on here that wouldn’t get said/shouted/sung at a derby match by both sides (albeit you would struggle to hear it from them with the crowds they get these days). Your snuggle-fest with them in the pursuit of boosting your greenies gives me the dry-boak. 

35 minutes ago, DeeBairn said:

Enough supermarkets in Dundee as it is. Need something the city doesn't already have. How about demolishing the stadium and racing it with a nice set of five a side pitches? 

That's a shout. I like the ones at Soccerworld, but you can never have enough five a side pitches. 

3 minutes ago, Carlos the Jackal said:

Pish - 99% of what gets dealt to the Dabs on here is banter and for those of us with long memories it’s frankly well deserved. Nothing being said on here that wouldn’t get said/shouted/sung at a derby match by both sides (albeit you would struggle to hear it from them with the crowds they get these days). Your snuggle-fest with them in the pursuit of boosting your greenies gives me the dry-boak. 

As someone undoubtedly a lot older than myself, you'll have a different viewpoint of the rivalry. Since I grew up with the first division, I've hardly seen us play them so they don't both bother me.   

@Dabslayer @Carlos the Jackal

We are all Dee's.

I wasn't born and bred in Dundee but the sense of unmistakable pride between both teams is what makes it so unique. 

I imagine that it does mean different things to people of different generations but we all bleed the dark blue stuff.

What's the score today lads?

I'm thinking it's going to be a hard fought 2-1 Dundee.

For the last few weeks there seems to be a bit of positivity around the team, and an air of optimism for the season ahead. As such, I’m expecting us to put in a horrific performance today and lose by 2+ goals. This will then see many of our support shouting for McCann to be sacked, claim that we will be in a relegation battle again and normality will resume. f**k it, 6-0 Dundee.

Thank you.

31 minutes ago, The Derry boys said:

Adil Nabi played for St Mirren yesterday as a trialist according the bbc gossip page

I think what folk (sorry to who it was because I can't remember your username) was saying about it being only if we managed to shift Haber sounds about right then.

Shame that because McCann sounded really positive on him.

1 hour ago, Crawford said:

@Dabslayer @Carlos the Jackal

We are all Dee's.

That's what I thought as well, then you've got an individual like @mungo who will join in with the DAB's, and quite happily stab fellow Dee's right in the back.

f**k United.
For the majority of my life we've played second fiddle to the c***s and there were plenty of them willing to stick the boot in and plenty of them were laughing when we were in the dark days of administration(s), so any opportunity to return the favour while we're the top team in the city will duly be taken. There's nothing sinister in it, that's how rivalries work, although some of their fans seem to have forgotten that now that they're on the receiving end of the taunting/goading/gloating. 
Fwiw, most of their posters on here are sound but they just need to suck it up while the fuds amongst them get telt. 
Revenge is sweet. 
This. United's suffering is fucking glorious. They've almost gone full Kincardine in response to their well merited goading. Long may it continue.