All things Dundee FC

8 hours ago, Crawford said:

I know he's a bit marmite but the Murray transfer is valued at 150k?

He had legs and heart and to be honest I thought although he didn't make the net enough that he was good for us.

I saw him as being like so many strikers we've had at Dens over the years (McIntosh, Linn, Deasley etc) , willing to run but way too few goals per game for this level

2 minutes ago, Crawford said:

Gone quiet on the signing front again lads. What happened to the French laddy and was Ronaldo not on trial? Take it he didn't impress.

Think nothing will happen unless we shift Haber, heard a rumour hes one of our top earners so probaby need to free up his wage before anyone comes in

https://dundeefc.co.uk/news/dunfermline-tickets-on-sale-plus-ticket-information/

Am I missing out on something here? This was published today and says that St Mirren tickets go on sale to season tickets holder on Monday the 16th (2 days ago) and that they go on general sale tomorrow. I've just scrolled a couple weeks back on the twitter page and can't see any sort of previous announcement?

Am I being a daft c**t?

10 hours ago, Carlos the Jackal said:

If only he’d had eyes and a f***ing brain to go with it he might have seen where the goal was then had the savvy to put the ball there

:lol: that was a good one.

I think it was all down to the pressure (not that that can be an excuse at this level) of having played for the other lot and he came in with critics already.

Given time I genuinely believe he would have started drilling them in.

13 hours ago, Juantwothree said:

Think nothing will happen unless we shift Haber, heard a rumour hes one of our top earners so probaby need to free up his wage before anyone comes in

How much longer is left on his contract? It sounded like McCann really wanted to add the other lad.

6 hours ago, Crawford said:

:lol: that was a good one.

I think it was all down to the pressure (not that that can be an excuse at this level) of having played for the other lot and he came in with critics already.

Given time I genuinely believe he would have started drilling them in.

How much longer is left on his contract? It sounded like McCann really wanted to add the other lad.

Haber has this season only left on his contract.  I’d also  heard he was on a good money (probably just heard the same rumour).

Worth remembering in his first half season he was a very important player for us.

For me though, he is too one dimensional in his play and when he is up against a bigger, more physical defender he is pretty anonymous.

Edited by Shadow Play

10 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

For me though, he is too one dimensional in his play and when he is up against a bigger, more physical defender he is pretty anonymous.

Yeah I would definitely agree with that. I remember when he was announced I went through all his Crewe goals and they were all headers from set pieces.

He's a big guy but there is always a bigger fish.

was speaking to my neighbour yesterday whos a celtic fan and follows them closely and he was raving about Michael johnston and reckons we should try and get him in on loan. pacey winger who is comfortable playing on the left or right and wont be on much money. celtic seem to have an abundance of wingers/attacking midfielders so doubt the boy will see much game time so sure he would be available. seems a cheap, zero gamble move on our part.

thoughts?

12 minutes ago, ah-dee said:

was speaking to my neighbour yesterday whos a celtic fan and follows them closely and he was raving about Michael johnston and reckons we should try and get him in on loan. pacey winger who is comfortable playing on the left or right and wont be on much money. celtic seem to have an abundance of wingers/attacking midfielders so doubt the boy will see much game time so sure he would be available. seems a cheap, zero gamble move on our part.

thoughts?

Never trust a Celtic fan, mate. 

Never trust a Celtic fan, mate. 
haha good point. hes actually a sound c**t. he grew up in the estate beside parkhead so i actually dont mind that he supports them but do still feel sorry for him!

still reckon johnston might be worth a punt

41 minutes ago, ah-dee said:

thoughts?

The majority of these players aren't really at a stage where they go from youth football to top-flight football in an instant, usually they go further down the leagues first. Nesbitt was very similarly described and rated but his loan to Thistle showed he wasn't near mature enough.

I think we've got a lot of youth anyway so I'd rather we focus on what we have and then look at some experience to bring up the age of the squad. I still think we're missing an experienced versatile clogger tbh - we've not really had one since McAlister.

18 minutes ago, ah-dee said:
21 minutes ago, The Derry Steps said:
He's going to the Maureens.  

nothing confirmed. apart from location for him we would Shirley be a better option?

I don't know mate- he'd feel right at home at St. Mirren.

2018-07-20 11.36.14.png

I just want some transfer news, rumours or an announcement. Bored as fcuk
i know im the same.

heard rangers are willing to put greg Docherty out on loan. i think he would be a decent signing. very unlikely but still a thought