All things Dundee FC

10 hours ago, Shadow Play said:

I have to agree with you there.  Our situation in the ‘70’s and 80’s, coupled with United’s success around that time, saw a lot of my school mates at the time  choose Tannadice as their Saturday afternoon destination.   Despite the fact their dads and granddads had supported Dundee.  

Better off without that sort of supporter in my opinion.  They’ll only turn on the club and chairman and as soon as things go a bit wrong.  

Dundee fans have repeatedly shown what’s required when the club needs them.

The supporters of a certain much larger club showed that the size of your support means little when times get tough.  It’s the quality that counts.

One club.  One Name.  125 years and counting!

Yeah, I had a mate at primary school who was a Dee, then after the summer holidays he was suddenly an Arab. Still hate him to this day! :lol:

Edited by Garageflower

Outrageous comment. I and all my golfing mates are working class skivers.

The boys at my work that play golf pay about £100 per club! Is there much of a difference between a 6 iron and a 7 iron that justifies £100? Could they not just hit one a wee bit softer/ harder? And they talk about using certain golf balls because of the compression. Like they’re not shite amateurs. Whatever happened to just turning a walking stick upside down and getting on with it? My biggest gripe with golf is the complete silence they need to take a shot. Imagine that was the case in football. Some c**t holding up a “quiet please” sign when someone is away to take a penalty. Golf would be far better if Rory McIlroy was teeing off and folk were shouting “miss ya c**t!” And chanting “Rory! Rory! You! Are! Shite!” at him. Adds a bit of necessary sporting pressure, imo.

1 hour ago, K.T said:

The boys at my work that play golf pay about £100 per club! Is there much of a difference between a 6 iron and a 7 iron that justifies £100? Could they not just hit one a wee bit softer/ harder? And they talk about using certain golf balls because of the compression. Like they’re not shite amateurs. Whatever happened to just turning a walking stick upside down and getting on with it? My biggest gripe with golf is the complete silence they need to take a shot. Imagine that was the case in football. Some c**t holding up a “quiet please” sign when someone is away to take a penalty. Golf would be far better if Rory McIlroy was teeing off and folk were shouting “miss ya c**t!” And chanting “Rory! Rory! You! Are! Shite!” at him. Adds a bit of necessary sporting pressure, imo.

I've always thought the same about tennis. Paying ridiculous amounts of money for a ticket just to be told to shut it. 

What about cricket? Having to stop for rain. What a bunch of gimps. 

Other sports are shite. 

2 hours ago, K.T said:

I'd definitely watch more golf if Happy Gilmore came out of retirement. Haven't seen him on the tour for a few years now. 

17 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
On 17/07/2018 at 14:04, hk blues said:
I hear you, but it surely would depend on the circumstances?  Speeding offence?

I was clearly talking about another assault.

I'd still day it depends on the circumstances.  I'm not sure why we want to be judge and jury for one of our players t.b.h.  Let's wait and see what, if any,  f**k ups happen next.

15 hours ago, rambling syd rumpo said:

I don't know if it's still the case but one of the most obvious calendars on Google for the Premiership had the bonkers, infuriating American habit of putting the away team first, ie our first game at St Mirren would be listed as;

Dundee at St Mirren.

Hold the phone upside down - problem solved!

7 minutes ago, Crawford said:

I know he's a bit marmite but the Murray transfer is valued at 150k?

He had legs and heart and to be honest I thought although he didn't make the net enough that he was good for us.

Imagine turning down Marcus Haber for free then signing Simon Murray for 150k. Madness. 

I've always thought the same about tennis. Paying ridiculous amounts of money for a ticket just to be told to shut it.  What about cricket? Having to stop for rain. What a bunch of gimps. 

Other sports are shite. 

All these sports could do with getting an overhaul by Barry Hearn. Although I’d like him to sort Scottish Football out first.

Thank you.

I'd definitely watch more golf if Happy Gilmore came out of retirement. Haven't seen him on the tour for a few years now.  

Happy wasn’t driven by greed, Thomo. Once he got his gran’s house back it was enough for him. Commendable really. I’m glad he managed to get it right up Shooter in the process though. I’m guessing he went back to being a shite hockey player. And speaking of shite hockey, I see that a season ticket for the Dundee stars is even more expensive than Dens. I realise you get a few extra games, but that seems crazy to me.

So is it just Haber left that McCann is desperate to rid us of? 

We are in a weird position of still having a relatively large squad but still needing 2-3 additions. 

I've always thought the same about tennis. Paying ridiculous amounts of money for a ticket just to be told to shut it. 
What about cricket? Having to stop for rain. What a bunch of gimps. 
Other sports are shite. 
in crivket they also stop for lunch. lunch!

Happy wasn’t driven by greed, Thomo. Once he got his gran’s house back it was enough for him. Commendable really. I’m glad he managed to get it right up Shooter in the process though. I’m guessing he went back to being a shite hockey player. And speaking of shite hockey, I see that a season ticket for the Dundee stars is even more expensive than Dens. I realise you get a few extra games, but that seems crazy to me.
Even a ST for Dundee HSFP* is knocking on for half of what a ST costs at Dens.

*not that I was considering one you understand.

5 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

So is it just Haber left that McCann is desperate to rid us of? 

We are in a weird position of still having a relatively large squad but still needing 2-3 obscure French additions. 

Good point. :thumsup2:thumsup2:thumsup2