All things Dundee FC

Just for those who have not seen the start of this seasons meltdown across the road. IMG_0030.thumb.jpg.4d8d35efb5721397909febf873d861a6.jpg

Funny that, as last year I was informed by many a Tadgerine that we lost to them on penalties! Is this a display of Tadgerine hypocrisy or just their usual shite?

No one else feel that Dundee United aren't relevant anymore?

They are like planking now surely?

I didn't even laugh when I saw the result. I actually felt a little sorry for them. 

Thinking about starting a just giving page for them.

5 minutes ago, Crawford said:

No one else feel that Dundee United aren't relevant anymore?

They are like planking now surely?

I didn't even laugh when I saw the result. I actually felt a little sorry for them. 

Thinking about starting a just giving page for them.

Probably be more convincing if you didn't mention them in every third post, m8. 

54 minutes ago, Jimmy Baker said:

Ok, lads sorry to get that wrong. If it makes you happy congratulations in getting a draw against Arbroath at home.

You're in the wrong thread, Jimmy. Try the league below. 

14 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Just looked at our squad.
I am probably wrong but do we just have 1 left back, 1 right back and 3 strikers with 1 of them on the way out?
Also noticed its quite a young team with oldest being 31

Still early days of course G_Man but I agree the squad doesn’t look especially balanced at the moment.  

I’m confident McCann will know this.   He has moved on pretty much all of the players most of us hoped would be released / loaned out.

McCann kens. 

Negative post alert. Shoot me down lads. 

So after enjoying a 4-0 away day yesterday, I'm still worried about the season.  Stirling for me gave up for goals 2 through 4, making the result look good. But that's not our problem, so why am I worried? For one, I don't see any new stand out players, there's no Allen, Kamara or Hendry on show so far. The new guys look ok, but can we say they are better than what we had? Is Ralph better than Holt?  Elton or Karl better than O'Hara, or Nick Ross (to go back a year)? Mendy was good, but better than El Bak, given that it's still lower level opposition? Defence still looks all at sea, and good for a goal or two against every game.   Add to that the strong prospect of losing Kamara before the close of the window, then I see another relegation dogfight ahead of us. 

One positive is that we've cleared out lots of the dross, but this only helps if they are replaced with upgrades. 

Another positive is that by this time last year, I didn't spot Hendry or Kamara as stars; who could it be this year?

Tell me why I'm wrong to be worried. Please. 

Sorry to keep bringing this up but just announced we are at 3100 ST's. That's depressing IMO. 

United are at 3700 and are on their knees. Absolutely no excuses for that. 

1 hour ago, Dark Blue Dick said:

So after enjoying a 4-0 away day yesterday, I'm still worried about the season.  Stirling for me gave up for goals 2 through 4, making the result look good. But that's not our problem, so why am I worried? For one, I don't see any new stand out players, there's no Allen, Kamara or Hendry on show so far. The new guys look ok, but can we say they are better than what we had? Is Ralph better than Holt?  Elton or Karl better than O'Hara, or Nick Ross (to go back a year)? Mendy was good, but better than El Bak, given that it's still lower level opposition? Defence still looks all at sea, and good for a goal or two against every game.   Add to that the strong prospect of losing Kamara before the close of the window, then I see another relegation dogfight ahead of us. 

One positive is that we've cleared out lots of the dross, but this only helps if they are replaced with upgrades. 

Another positive is that by this time last year, I didn't spot Hendry or Kamara as stars; who could it be this year?

No idea what Ralph is like defensively as he wasn’t tested but he’s better on the ball than Holt and looks a lot more composed. 

Elton the same as Ralph/Holt. Better and more composed on the ball than O’Hara but we’ll miss O’Hara’s height at attacking and defensive set pieces. Sorry if this upsets anyone but he reminds me of the ex Dab Gomis. 

Mendy/El Bahktoui. As El Bahktoui  is up there as the most frustrating player I’ve seen at Dens in a good few years I’d say Mendy is an improvement. 

Parish and Hamilton pretty even imo. One looks a better shot stopper the other is more commanding on cross balls  

Madianga not sure, not seen enough of him. Looked to keep possession rather than a probing pass. 

Yesterday the team looked a lot more comfortable in possession of the ball but looked a bit ropey defensively.  

Edited by Yenitit

1 hour ago, Dark Blue Dick said:

We dont need to replace the dross, the squad was too big. All of the new guys you mentioned are better than the ones that left, IMO.

We do still need 2 or 3 quality signings, a LB in particular for competition, but I'm liking the look of the team thus far, albeit with some rigerous defensive training drills.

I think that stand out player you desire will be Ngwatala and the boy on trial, Nabli certainly has a bag of tricks

1 minute ago, Garageflower said:

We dont need to replace the dross, the squad was too big. All of the new guys you mentioned are better than the ones that left, IMO.

We do still need 2 or 3 quality signings, a LB in particular for competition, but I'm liking the look of the team thus far, albeit with some rigerous defensive training drills.

I think that stand out player you desire will be Ngwatala and the boy on trial, Nabli certainly has a bag of tricks

That’s how I saw it as well yesterday. Will get a better idea when we’re up against a side who will test us defensively.

I think a direct winger with a bit of pace would improve us no end. I rate Deacon so that’s why I’ve only said just the one.  

2 hours ago, G_Man1985 said:

Just looked at our squad.
I am probably wrong but do we just have 1 left back, 1 right back and 3 strikers with 1 of them on the way out?
Also noticed its quite a young team with oldest being 31

Our 3 forwards scored on Saturday plus we have Henvey. 

Who's on the way out?

Eta: Just realised you meant Haber, so we currently have 5, soon to be 4. 

Edited by Dee Man