All things Dundee FC

For anyone not at the game. Negatives out the way 1st, Moussa’s had two shocking misses from about 6 yards out but took his goal well. Been dodgy at the back mainly the centrehalfs but we know they’ll do a job. 

Elton easily the best new signing on show so far, Mendy done well also. Nathan had nothing to do defensively but looks better than Holt in possession and going forward. 

Should easily be another couple in front. Moussa’s 2 sitters, a penalty on Gowser that only the officials missed (just the 2 feet wiped out), Wighton fresh air shot then the keeper has had 2 good saves from Wighton and Mendy. 

2 natural wingers required and we’ll kick on. Bring Greg home Terry. 

Edited by Yenitit

6 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

For anyone not at the game. Negatives out the way 1st, Moussa’s had two shocking misses from about 6 yards out but took his goal well. Been dodgy at the back mainly the centrehalfs but we know they’ll do a job. 

Elton easily the best new signing on show so far, Mendy done well also. Nathan had nothing to do defensively but looks better than Holt in possession and going forward. 

Should easily be another couple in front. Moussa’s 2 sitters, a penalty on Gowser that only the officials missed (just the 2 feet wiped out), Wighton fresh air shot then the keeper has had 2 good saves from Wighton and Mendy. 

2 natural wingers required and we’ll kick on. Bring Greg home Terry. 

Cheers Yenitit, missing the match today.

Moussa doing his league cup 'Harry Kane in the group stage' impersonation again :lol:

Encouraging that the new lads did well. I'm hopeful Mendy is the poacher we missed all last season. He's scored goals everywhere he's been, so to me that indicates a knack and natural instinct. 

Presumably we'll go back to three central defenders when playing better opponents than this.

15 minutes ago, Juantwothree said:

£65 back on correct score and united got beat on pens from ARBROATH!!!! do to think today could get any better 

Remember last season when the DABS were adamant that we lost the game against them, as they won the shootout??? Wonder if that's still the case?? 

I know it was only a first cup match against lower league opposition but I hope this was a test for Hamilton and not going to just be a case of him being first choice.

I feel Parish deserves more than that. He was very important last year and it is very easy to overlook a keeper because if we lose a match it's his fault but if we win it's only the scorer that gets the mention.

Either way Hamilton looked good today but won't really get a decent showing until first of the league season.

Hamilton - fairly untested although pulled off what looks like a great save at the start of the second half. Not too keen on his starting position when Dundee have the ball - too deep for my liking, but that maybe have been requested by McCann. Also didn't seem hugely confident coming for crosses and had a bit of confusion a few times. Still a toss up between him and parish for me at the moment.

Kerr - thought he done fine, got forward well and defended well when needed.

Kasunga had a couple of hairy moments but for me they seemed more caused by hamilton/miscommunication.

Meekings I thought looked superb, the player I was excited about last season hopefully.

Ralph - grew into the game and became a threat going forward - would to see how he gets on against better opposition as I thought his positioning was suspect at times.

Kamara - as always he strolled it. His shot was awful so hopefully people stop asking him to drive on and shoot when it's not his job.

McGowan - done really well for the second goal but he seems to have got even angrier over the summer. Must have spent nearly 5 full minutes going mad at the officials.

Elton - albeit against poor opposition looks like he could be an exciting signing. Drives with he ball, not afraid to have a dig and played a few good wee balls. Faded before he was taken off.

Wighton - as Elton faded he came into a great game switching onto the right hand side after a poor start.

Mendy - started on the right and showed some really good touches and feet, although most of his work in the first half was from wide, in the second he moved closer to Moussa and looked lively - took his goal well, whipped across the keeper.

Moussa - his miss was shocking, but I thought he had a good game. In the first half most of Dundees good play came playing off him and he took his goals really well, the first one looked a great take but I literally couldn't have been further away.

All in you can't take much from this but what I would say, and it's the only comparison I can make, is that I thought we looked a better team today than we did at the same stage against Cowdenbeath last year. So I take a little bit of optimism from that.

Now to get the aloe Vera on the arms...

2 hours ago, DigOutYourSoul said:

Hamilton - Also didn't seem hugely confident coming for crosses and had a bit of confusion a few times. 

My Hearts supporting mate said he's not very good with cross balls. So that's concerning.

Edited by Dariusz