All things Dundee FC

Me neither tbh but I'm guessing we must be signing him since Fais is going - unless it's another surprise and Berbatov rocks up on his elephant.
Really hope Henvey can kick on and become a regular but yeah even if he does 4 strikers is a bit light.
&
Just spotted your last post but was away to say we'd maybe need another big hold up player/target man

Murray is not good enough if we want to push on. It’s a no from me. Although his sister/bird was worth a rattle so she will be a miss at away games.

9 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Murray is not good enough if we want to push on. It’s a no from me. Although his sister/bird was worth a rattle so she will be a miss at away games.

I didn't realise that he was involved with an incestuous relationship. That alone means it's a no from me. 

French fullback has gone back to Paris, McCann claiming 'he's just not what I was looking for'. 

Bit of a worry that our only recognisable left sided fullback is a guy who has never played a single game at a comparable level and we don't really have an alternative.

Sounds like Nabi is going to stick around though.

In my opinion, another Left sided fullback/wingback, and a forward and the squad is looking ok. 

Agree that if Haber is gone we're really lacking another target man type besides the big Tunisian haddie, which I think is essential to the way we're trying to play, but I also think that if we're lacking anywhere else it's possibly for one more centre mid. Kamara could yet go, we lost O'Hara, McGowan could be 'indisposed', and I don't think Spence is really any more than a Championship level player. Looks, potentially, really thin in there.

Edited by Boo Khaki

I was guessing Nabi was getting signed today but obviously not. Possibly wanting to see him again since he wasn't 100% fit in Portugal?

+

I still can't see us making the start of the season with more than one or two from McGowan, Caulker and Kamara so think we might need to be looking at central defenders and midfielders too.

I see Greg Stewart going down to league two England. Didn't do anything at Birmingham and had a rather unremarkable time at Aberdeen.

Would probably not like to see him back to be honest. He was fantastic nigh on amazing for us but I think he has lost it.

The friends he had at Dundee like Mcginn and Hemmings are gone and they also went to the dogs.

That's proof to me just how important a squad that gets along is.

So, first competitive game tomorrow. My thoughts before we start (and without haven seen any of the pre-season games, either in person or highlights):

Only player that has left that I really wanted to keep was O'Hara.

If Haber does leave, I think that'll be a shame, if only he could re-capture the form he showed in the first 6 months he was here.

I believe that at least one of Mendy, Elton and Kharl will have a Kamara/Stewart-type impact this season.

Kamara or Caulker will leave at the end of the summer window, the other one in January.

We will sign at least two more players before the window closes, one will be another great find, one will be mince.

Moussa will improve, Wighton will finally make a big impression (DAB relegating notwithstanding).

Kusunga will step up big time.

We will have a decent season all in all.

Every single thing we do will be done in the most difficult way possible...