All things Dundee FC

Why?

I think they recently ran a story that said we were on the brink of another administration or something. But it turned out that the editor was a dab and it was his last day or some pish.

Why?

It was after the accounts were published showing a £350k loss. Nelms said it was absolutely fine, was part of the long term plan and had already been covered. That’s when he said they’d like to grow the season tickets by 1000 in the coming years to balance this out.

The Record reported something along the lines of “financial crisis at Dens as club plead for fans to cover massive losses”.

Bit of a random one here Dee's, but does anyone know much about the Dundonian property developer Michael Johnston (Not the Kilmarnock one)? Been reading up on Dundee's history this morning and didn't recall his name, but seen his name crop up in a few articles as a rival to the Marrs taking over. Indeed, he tabled a £1.2million bid for us but retracted the bid after we sold Paul Tosh and Lee Power. (Link)

Unfortunately he passed away a few year ago now, but going by this Tele article, he seemed to be loaded! (Link.)

Just wondering as to how life could have turned out for Dundee.

9 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Bit of a random one here Dee's, but does anyone know much about the Dundonian property developer Michael Johnston (Not the Kilmarnock one)? Been reading up on Dundee's history this morning and didn't recall his name, but seen his name crop up in a few articles as a rival to the Marrs taking over. Indeed, he tabled a £1.2million bid for us but retracted the bid after we sold Paul Tosh and Lee Power. (Link)

Unfortunately he passed away a few year ago now, but going by this Tele article, he seemed to be loaded! (Link.)

Oooft, nah he was a bigger shyster than our usual collection of rogue's - from what I've heard he was a bit of a Melville and had lots of money in theory it was just usually due out to someone else (hence he travelled about a lot apparently)

I don't know anything for certain but rumour was he fucked the council over with the earliest plans for the waterfront when he pulled out of the leisure park he'd proposed on Riverside to build the stack

&

Was 'wanted' by some murky characters for outstanding debts as well as dodgy dealings in South Africa.

Bit of a random one here Dee's, but does anyone know much about the Dundonian property developer Michael Johnston (Not the Kilmarnock one)? Been reading up on Dundee's history this morning and didn't recall his name, but seen his name crop up in a few articles as a rival to the Marrs taking over. Indeed, he tabled a £1.2million bid for us but retracted the bid after we sold Paul Tosh and Lee Power. (Link) Unfortunately he passed away a few year ago now, but going by this Tele article, he seemed to be loaded! (Link.)

My old man knew him from his youth - but I couldn't tell you much more than that. Did he not have an interest in the Carnoustie Golf Course Hotel?* I remember him saying that if he did buy the club, that the fans not to look upon him as a saviour and that a lot of work would still need to be done to get the club back on an even keel.  

*Edit: it literally says that in the opening paragraph of the article you linked to. Apologies!

3 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Dundee striker Faisaal El Bakhtaoui has joined Dunferlmine on loan

Will miss him but I'm glad it's Dunfermline getting him again. Hope he does nothing but score against the Fun. Take care of him doon there.

Any Dundee fans give a toss about Faiss rejoining the Pars?

I'm delighted to have him bak (see what I did there), because I think he can score goals in the Championship and I think he can also improve.  He took time to find his feet at the Pars first time round.

Has he done anything useful in his time at Dens?

2 minutes ago, LuoAnLai said:

Any Dundee fans give a toss about Faiss rejoining the Pars?

I'm delighted to have him bak (see what I did there), because I think he can score goals in the Championship and I think he can also improve.  He took time to find his feet at the Pars first time round.

Has he done anything useful in his time at Dens?