All things Dundee FC

2 minutes ago, DigOutYourSoul said:

No Faisal or Haber would suggest they're both off. Randy seems to be back in the picture. Nabi is there as well which suggests McCann likes him, looks heavy for the size of him but wouldn't have expected him to be totally fit.

Haber is away to Johannesburg seems to be the talk just now.

Faisal back to Dunfermline? Maybe one of the other drop floorees like county or partick?

Nabi looked like he had something about him going by the Cowdenbeath friendly. Took responsibility for the set pieces as soon as he came on which is a good sign that he doesn’t want to hide.  Looked to beat his man and  to pass forward 1st rather than to the side that we’ve been used to over the last few years. The issue could be his fitness though. 

Didn't go.to either game but according to Twitter Randy did seem to get himself about in both games.
The young team did well last year with him in it so may be he needed that year to boast some confidence in him.

Excited for the season to start. Signing a 18 year goalkeeper from down south can only be a good sign. Shows signs of looking at youth not just up here but elsewhere

Heard Wolters was good v Brechin, I was at Cowdenbeath and he was pish.

41 minutes ago, Im_Rodger said:

How you boys feeling about the upcoming season?

Still think the tv pundit is the man for the job? emoji848.png

More so than I ever have. 

I've been a major critic of McCann but with you lot, St Mirren and Livi in the league next year he's really got a free pop this season. 

The following season will be the one where it'll be top 6 or bust for me in regards to him, but I like the way he's building us. I love the way he riles opposition up. I love the way he fucking ragdolled Tommy Wright and made him look like a complete bumbling moron. 

But most of all, most of all, I love the way he moves. 

Seriously though, most of all, I fucking love when a manager cultivates an 'us against the world' mentality. It gets ripped to shreds on the likes of P&B and other Internet forums but it makes for a cracking atmosphere at times. 

Dundee FC today named and shamed for failing to pay the minimum wage to some of their players.

Sounds like financial turmoil and relegation incoming IMO, can’t even pay the legal minimum to their players.

1 hour ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

Dundee FC today named and shamed for failing to pay the minimum wage to some of their players.

Sounds like financial turmoil and relegation incoming IMO, can’t even pay the legal minimum to their players.

An entire 4 youth players who had fines against them. You will be delighted to know they have since been paid before the news broke and that we are still doing just fine.

Is Perth really that boring you have to read up on the only big team in Tayside?

Tommy Wright was probably the one who reported it. :lol:

43 minutes ago, Crawford said:

An entire 4 youth players who had fines against them. You will be delighted to know they have since been paid before the news broke and that we are still doing just fine.

Is Perth really that boring you have to read up on the only big team in Tayside?

Tommy Wright was probably the one who reported it. :lol:

You do know that Beatson is a reporter? That's his actual job :lol:

2 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Sounds like a proper bellend like the majority of Scottish reporters. 

36 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Doesn't mean that stops him being a bit naughty and stirring up shit with a non story tho does it - in fact because he's a journalist that almost guarantees he's at it these days...

That's another couple of videos up from the training camp - one with the team and another with updates from Sir Neil.

Apparently, El Bak didn't travel because of a thigh knock and 'Deeks' is recovering from an ankle op (I'm probs being stupid but can't think who Deeks is?).

He mentioned Waddell being off on loan and Haber being away on trial too so I suspect Fais isn't going to Dunfermline just yet anyway...

https://dundeefc.co.uk/news/day-1-in-portugal/

Edit to add - I'm a twat, Deeks is Deacon :whistle

Edited by locheedee
I'm a dumb ass!

1 hour ago, locheedee said:

Doesn't mean that stops him being a bit naughty and stirring up shit with a non story tho does it - in fact because he's a journalist that almost guarantees he's at it these days...

The Record did that with us. Strapline was that we had been paying below the minimum wage. Turns out it had been something banal like a one month delay due to a payroll error, which had been sorted long before the article had been written. 

Reporters, eh. 

What's the rule for loaning players out to lower divisions ie, championship?

Is it different to the SPFL rule of only being allowed to loan 1 player from a club? 

Edit: With El Bak in mind - Vincent already at Dunfermline

Edited by KlokTheKock

I love how the Evening Tele in reporting the 'news' haven't even stated who wrote the article, instead opting for just 'reporter'. 

I'd ban DC Thompson's personally. The absolute shitebags. 

The other newspaper to report it are the Daily Record who are already banned. Is that not Beatson's rag? 

Edited by Ludo*1