All things Dundee FC

A bit unrelated but my favourite part of living in Dundee is how much the people of broughty ferry don't want to be a part of it. 

It's been incorporated since 1913 yet some still feel they are a cut above.

However I don't know but is Tayport a part of Dundee or no?

9 hours ago, Crawford said:

A bit unrelated but my favourite part of living in Dundee is how much the people of broughty ferry don't want to be a part of it. 

No, Tayport is in Fife

10 hours ago, Fifespud said:

Monifieth is definitely in Dundee however.

I say this as someone who stayed on Buddon Drive - its nae Dundee at all, totally separate village. Dundee may have sprawled outwards to consume it as one giant homogenous housing estate but in no way at all does anyone in Monifieth consider themselves a Dundonian.

The horror of it all, being thought of as a Coagie. :thumbsdown

28 minutes ago, drs said:

I say this as someone who stayed on Buddon Drive - its nae Dundee at all, totally separate village. Dundee may have sprawled outwards to consume it as one giant homogenous housing estate but in no way at all does anyone in Monifieth consider themselves a Dundonian.

The horror of it all, being thought of as a Coagie. :thumbsdown

It is a separate village. They were used as a ward of Dundee during a census and then during the last one were ommited from the area.

This led to the telegraph and courier bleeting on about people leaving 'dundee' in droves to escape unemployment. Usual scaremonger to sell papers.

Invergowrie is on Dundee's doorstep but it's Perth and Kinross.

11 minutes ago, Crawford said:

It is a separate village. They were used as a ward of Dundee during a census and then during the last one were ommited from the area.

This led to the telegraph and courier bleeting on about people leaving 'dundee' in droves to escape unemployment. Usual scaremonger to sell papers.

Invergowrie is on Dundee's doorstep but it's Perth and Kinross.

Monifieth and Invergowrie were part of Dundee District Council between 1975 to 1996. Government reorganisation then placed them back within the boundaries of Angus and Perth and Kinross.

If you were living in Monifieth during those years @drs then you were living in Dundee, sorry about that. I know people who live in Monifieth who consider themselves Dundonian, but there are snobs everywhere. ;)

The fact people who live in these affluent areas are paying their council taxes to Arbroath and Perth when they all work, shop, study and use Dundee's facilities during the week is a farce. Monifieth and Carnoustie don't even have a petrol station!

Roll on the new season.

I remember there was a street in Monifieth that had the regional boundary running right down the middle of it. One side of the road was Dundee Council, the other side Angus Council. Don't know if that's still the case.

6 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

Monifieth and Invergowrie were part of Dundee District Council between 1975 to 1996. Government reorganisation then placed them back within the boundaries of Angus and Perth and Kinross.

If you were living in Monifieth during those years @drs then you were living in Dundee, sorry about that. I know people who live in Monifieth who consider themselves Dundonian, but there are snobs everywhere. ;)

The fact people who live in these affluent areas are paying their council taxes to Arbroath and Perth when they all work, shop, study and use Dundee's facilities during the week is a farce. Monifieth and Carnoustie don't even have a petrol station!

Did they not restructure the boundaries because of the horrendous taxes deficit caused by shitehawk Dundonian poll tax dodgers?

This may or not be true, sounds good to me though :lol:

12 minutes ago, Aufc said:

22 is absolutely too old for getting your name on a football strip.

I'd say personal preference. I've never put my name on one but fair play to whoever wants to at any age. 

The bigger issue here is you spend a lot of time here on the premiership section of P&B for a semi professional, league one team supporter.

Not much happening at Airdrie?

Edited by Crawford

7 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Did they not restructure the boundaries because of the horrendous taxes deficit caused by shitehawk Dundonian poll tax dodgers?

This may or not be true, sounds good to me though :lol:

It was a local government act that affected the boundaries of most of Scotland's districts. I think Glasgow came off much worse. 

If it sounds good to you then that's all that matters. ;)

37 minutes ago, Aufc said:

22 is absolutely too old for getting your name on a football strip.

I’d focus on getting your sorry plastic mob up a division or two. Name on the back is Premiership patter, you wouldn’t understand 

Unrelated but when did Lochee become part of Dundee?

This may or not be true, sounds good to me though [emoji38]

Perth resident in support of awful Tory policy shocker.

Anyway, moving on - as one mystery man is revealed can anyone identify this new dude:IMG_20180629_115333.jpg

5 minutes ago, kristov said:

Anyway, moving on - as one mystery man is revealed can anyone identify this new dude:IMG_20180629_115333.jpg

That's Manuel Penguino. He's the future number 10 hopefully.

10 minutes ago, kristov said:

Sake! We've signed Willo Flood!