All things Dundee FC

There is absolutely no way anybody would pay the fees people are mentioning for Kamara. 2 million is delusional thinking.  Hes had a decent season and shown flashes of quality but has never dominated a game. He also only has 1 year left on his contract. I'd bite someones hand off if they offered 500k.  

13 hours ago, Dindeleux said:

I genuinely don't know enough about Kamara but, of course he isn't our player, but would you swap him for Mulumbu?  Is he that good?  Just so I can get an idea of how good he is.

I don’t know because I don’t think I’ve saw Mulumbu play, sounds like he was excellent for Killie tho. 

2 hours ago, mungo said:

There is absolutely no way anybody would pay the fees people are mentioning for Kamara. 2 million is delusional thinking.  Hes had a decent season and shown flashes of quality but has never dominated a game. He also only has 1 year left on his contract. I'd bite someones hand off if they offered 500k.  

All about opinions, I think he’s been excellent for us. Not worth selling him for 500k imo. 

3 hours ago, mungo said:

I'm going to guess you sit in the main stand at Dens? 

4 hours ago, mungo said:

I think people are seeing silly fees going on in the EPL and are just assuming ours will multipy by the same rate. The trickle down effect should push some fees up but generally the scottish top league is selling to the english championship whos tv money hasn’t gone up the same rate.

2 hours ago, Yenitit said:

All about opinions, I think he’s been excellent for us. Not worth selling him for 500k imo. 

To be fair some Killie fans have been talking about selling JJ for £500k and I've been more thinking along the lines of a couple of million.  Sounds like both players are in similar boats with just a year to go.

29 minutes ago, Dabslayer said:

Had a tour of the stadium today, was excellent. Bought the new top, sorting DFCTV for when I move to France and met Sir Neil.

And got hospo for Pars game.:thumsup2

New top looks awesome. How's the quality?

6 hours ago, DEEJANGO said:

McCann seems more ruthless than Hartley can see him using both pre season then sticking with Hamilton.

Hartley loved a pre season clearout. If you think McCann is more ruthless than Hartley, I don't know who that says more about, Hartley or McCann! 

Just now, Dindeleux said:

To be fair some Killie fans have been talking about selling JJ for £500k and I've been more thinking along the lines of a couple of million.  Sounds like both players are in similar boats with just a year to go.

We are not in a position with Kamara where we will be bullied into a sale. I think the board would take the risk of losing him on a free if McCann felt that he was necessary for a top 6 push next season. 

It'll either be silly money Kamara goes for or McCann says he's signed an adequate replacement and we let him go. 

Caulker we've already rejected a £2million bid for (Which is easier to do when the player has no interest in the club admittedly) and he's into the last year of his deal too. Caulker simply has to be off IMO. 

Just now, Dabslayer said:

Best one I've had since the striped away one in 03. Quality is outstanding, even got my name and number on the back:lol:

I really like last year's one. 

I always wait for the price to fall! 

3 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Hartley loved a pre season clearout. If you think McCann is more ruthless than Hartley, I don't know who that says more about, Hartley or McCann! 

We are not in a position with Kamara where we will be bullied into a sale. I think the board would take the risk of losing him on a free if McCann felt that he was necessary for a top 6 push next season. 

It'll either be silly money Kamara goes for or McCann says he's signed an adequate replacement and we let him go. 

Caulker we've already rejected a £2million bid for (Which is easier to do when the player has no interest in the club admittedly) and he's into the last year of his deal too. Caulker simply has to be off IMO. 

We are the same with Jones.  I also think that we benefit from SSC having recently managed in England that he may have a better understanding of their budgets and what they are willing to pay.

2 hours ago, Dabslayer said:

Felt £45 was decent. And an extra £12 for name and number

My only moan about shirt pricing is the kids ones are so expensive. I went up to Dens recently fully intending to buy one for my two year old but couldn't justify the £35 for what is essentially me playing dress up. I got one for myself.

Edited by The Algebraist

Had a tour of the stadium today, was excellent. Bought the new top, sorting DFCTV for when I move to France and met Sir Neil.
And got hospo for Pars game.:thumsup2

I tried to do stadium tour last month. Left my number for a day to tour but got rubbered 🤣. How was it??