All things Dundee FC

52 minutes ago, Crawford said:

That's the thing. With Hartley I had complete faith in his selection and tactics but felt the player recruitment was a bit to be desired but then allong comes McCann and he has the recruitment sorted (bar that Spence episode) but the tactics and selection feel a bit like a raffle.

Ignoring Hartley’s last season I think his biggest fault as a manager was his lack of ability to change things midway through a game.  IMHO he wasn’t great at responding to any changes the opposition manager might make during a game.

I think you’re right about McCann though.  His insistence on a passing game can often make us an easy team for opposition managers to plan for.   Discussing McCann’s team selections would need a whole new thread!

47 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

Ignoring Hartley’s last season I think his biggest fault as a manager was his lack of ability to change things midway through a game.  IMHO he wasn’t great at responding to any changes the opposition manager might make during a game.

I think you’re right about McCann though.  His insistence on a passing game can often make us an easy team for opposition managers to plan for.   Discussing McCann’s team selections would need a whole new thread!

Is the new thread for the hat that he uses to pick the names out of? :P

McCann largely inherited a squad. Now he has had a chance to build one of his own at least.

Top six here we come.

Hartley did well to get us out of the league we'd been trying to do so for too long, followed by potentially overacheiving in his first season in the top flight, though this was with the absence of Hearts, Hibs and Sevco. However it was only downhill from there on out. The chat about him suffering from one bad season is a bit of a dingies. We were receeding at a bad rate and the fact we're still trying to rid ourselves of the dross he signed on long term deals tells us he hadn't plans to take us forward and it wasn't solely a blip in form (season-long form at that). 

I liked him as a manager and was hopeful he would succeed but he even admitted himself he had no idea how to turn it round. He had to go, which in hindsight was a shame as I had a lot of time for him.

Anyway, enough chat about the Falkirk manager. This is McCann's chance to show exactly what he wants to do. If he can improve upon last season, even one league position, I'll be happy. Of course we're budgeting for higher than that, but money does not always equate to success. Steady improvement year on year is all I can ask and hope for. So here's looking forward to another season of him at the helm. 

Viva la McCann!

nintchdbpict000400537570.jpg?strip=all&w

Thank you.

IMG_2721.thumb.jpg.215333bb5539bc56d8301b94ad723ae4.jpg

What airport is this...

Edited to add: looks from this that my completely made up, putting 2 and 2 together and getting 15, rumour may have something to it. Here's hoping, it's been a boring couple of weeks and he actually looks like a half decent player.

Disclaimer: there's talk of him training at hearts, apparently.

That's the thing. With Hartley I had complete faith in his selection and tactics but felt the player recruitment was a bit to be desired but then allong comes McCann and he has the recruitment sorted (bar that Spence episode) but the tactics and selection feel a bit like a raffle.

Spence has been a damn site more effective than Wolters imo and he’s only about 12. Let’s not write the lad off just yet.

Now that a wife beater has joined The Rangers, I'm hoping that some of the Dundee faithful might want to coin this wee chant first. 

"Flanagan's a wife beater, wife beater, wife beater.

Flanagan's a wife beater, oh dear Stevie"

You're welcome folks.

Just seen pictures there from first day of pre season. I think I seen the majority of last years players including Vincent, El Bahk, Haber etc along with all 4 new signings.

Only two players I didn’t see were O’Dea and Deacon(not including Wighton and Kamara). They probably were there and just not in the pictures.