All things Dundee FC

2 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

@Shadow Play Have you been watch spotting at the world cup? I noticed Drogba and the Senegal manager were both sporting Richard Mille timepieces. (about 100k for one of them) Thank you.

Cheers for the heads up Biggie.  Just had a wee nosey.  Very smart but a bit out my price range :lol:.  

Nice step up from the usual Hublots Linekar and his mates wear. 

2 hours ago, DigOutYourSoul said:

Wouldn't have minded a move for Nils Rutten this summer after he had a decent season last year, but he's moved to another German team for over 100k.

Wonder when the players are actually back and we might get a sniff of a couple of trialists.

As far as I can see he is joining a 4th tier German club on a free transfer. 

Kamara was clearly the right choice

22 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

If the WC wasn't on, I think this would go down as the most boring pre-season I've ever suffered through. 

Have you thought about starting a thread about the "Top 50 Most Hated Players To Have Played In Scottish Football"?

Could be something to relieve the boredom.

Oh wait...

44 minutes ago, bobbycoxblue said:

To be fair, I think the lack of signings highlights the quality we already have within our squad. Any signing has to improve us as a group. Signing anyone with football boots is a dayglo tactic.

Also the challenges in finding a decent striker. Like seriously who is there within our budget? I can't think of anyone. Not our job I realise but no small task.

There are obviously a couple of weak areas but we should largely stick with what we have for next season. Even football manager knows what happens when you change 10 players every year.

2 hours ago, bobbycoxblue said:

To be fair, I think the lack of signings highlights the quality we already have within our squad. Any signing has to improve us as a group. Signing anyone with football boots is a dayglo tactic.

That's the thing. With Hartley I had complete faith in his selection and tactics but felt the player recruitment was a bit to be desired but then allong comes McCann and he has the recruitment sorted (bar that Spence episode) but the tactics and selection feel a bit like a raffle.

17 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

It's do-able if you sell your house and live rough for a couple of years. IMO.

You could be onto something there Biggie.  Hartley’s not wearing a Richard Mille these days is he?  Could explain his last season at Dens. :o