All things Dundee FC

I forgot we had Spence. Take them both please.

I believe you seem to be losing quite a few players as of late

This coming season will be make or break for Spence. I hope it’s make.

FEB’s make or break was last season, it was break, sadly.

There's a boy called  EthanJublin (That's his Youtube name anyways) who makes some absolutely brilliant Dundee videos and I'm delighted he does because he captures moments and puts songs alongside that are absolutely quintessential in this day and age to capture the essence of being a Dee fan. For example, he has a Sara compilation that has Doris Day accompanying  it and DJ Otzi accompanying a Cabalerro compilation. A few are wide of the mark for example Rab Douglas' and Speroni's but he has the important details. Excellent videos.

That being said, I think this is an absolutely amazing summary of our last season, so well played to whomever made it:

There's a boy called  EthanJublin (That's his Youtube name anyways) who makes some absolutely brilliant Dundee videos and I'm delighted he does because he captures moments and puts songs alongside that are absolutely quintessential in this day and age to capture the essence of being a Dee fan. For example, he has a Sara compilation that has Doris Day accompanying  it and DJ Otzi accompanying a Cabalerro compilation. A few are wide of the mark for example Rab Douglas' and Speroni's but he has the important details. Excellent videos.
That being said, I think this is an absolutely amazing summary of our last season, so well played to whomever made it:
[/url]  
I created the summary video. Cheers for the feedback.

Thank you.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Pie and Bovril mobile app

Seen on twitter somewhere saying we’ve had a 200k bid rejected for Jack Baldwin of Peterborough. I’ve never heard of him or done f**k all research on him so I don’t even know what position he plays.

Can anyone go further with anyone the above?

Just as well . all your games feel like a friendly tam

Sent from my SM-G920F using Pie and Bovril mobile app

It'll become better for you when you eventually close the gap a bit. Until then you're right, meaningless games.

Yeah , seems to make perfect sense that statement. Time did the pubs open ?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Pie and Bovril mobile app

10 minutes ago, Moo said:

Seen on twitter somewhere saying we’ve had a 200k bid rejected for Jack Baldwin of Peterborough. I’ve never heard of him or done f**k all research on him so I don’t even know what position he plays.

Can anyone go further with anyone the above?

We were linked with him a few days ago. Aberdeen are also rumoured to be interested.

Plays at centre-half, but also defensive midfield 

11 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

I think it's quite disappointing that after so many years in the First Division, with a population like we have in Dundee that we sell similar amounts to the likes of Kilmarnock, Motherwell and even Dunfermline and Falkirk in the Championship. We well more than all of them naturally, but it's far too close and I actually think Kilmarnock are ahead of us (I could be wrong - but regardless of the Steve Clarke effect) that's something to be ashamed of. It's not like we suffer as much as they do from the Of effect either. 

We're at 3,250 according to the club.

Last announcement was said over 3,000 but mate was in at weekend and was told that figure.  I think we'll sell about 4,000 come kick off as I know a fair few still to buy from my mates and doubt they are alone.

Bid apparently rejected for Jack Baldwin at Peterborough as discussed a few days ago. Talk of 200k being the figure they want. 

What are peoples thought on this? How do we feel about Dundee potentially shelling out on relatively chunky transfer fees, having already done so for Hamilton, rather than picking up free transfers and loans?

24 minutes ago, DigOutYourSoul said:

Bid apparently rejected for Jack Baldwin at Peterborough as discussed a few days ago. Talk of 200k being the figure they want. 

What are peoples thought on this? How do we feel about Dundee potentially shelling out on relatively chunky transfer fees, having already done so for Hamilton, rather than picking up free transfers and loans?

Dunno how comfortable I am with it but that's maybe down to the player I question.

The only thing is does prove is that the board are actually willing to support the manager - yet again - and aren't merely pocketing the cash from the transfers we've made or even storing it for the stadium move that some have suggested. 

If we sell a player for a million, 20% of that being reinvested as transfer money to play with isn't something that we should be worrying about regardless of our past IMO. 

23 minutes ago, DigOutYourSoul said:

If the money is there and can be used for players Im all for it. You would think spending on players means they might be better than free agents.  I would rather we spent money on a proven goalscorer than defenders but in NM we trust. I've got a feeling somebody has bid for caulker and it's not been announced

2 minutes ago, Juantwothree said:

If the money is there and can be used for players Im all for it. You would think spending on players means they might be better than free agents.  I would rather we spent money on a proven goalscorer than defenders but in NM we trust. I've got a feeling somebody has bid for caulker and it's not been announced

I think we can safely assume Caulker won't be with us in the coming season. He's had his 6 months to get back into the swing of things. He's 26 and can earn quite easily probably about an extra £5-10k per week elsewhere. 

I've more hope for Kamara tbh. 

1 minute ago, Juantwothree said:

Anybody heard any more about Junior morais? 

That's been made into a 'thing' I see. The only reason I mentioned it was because I went on the Peterborough forum to look for opinions on Baldwin and a single fan on their forum said that Morias is in Dundee according to his twitter, 'probably signing for them as that's his level' (typical English lower league mentality). 

Following on from Nelms comments with regard to budget I would imagine that there will be a pot of money that McCann can draw on to bolster the squad, whether that be for wages or to pay a transfer.
Also to echo what’s been said above, I’d be surprised (but happy) if Caulker is with us next season and suspect this is us trying to get things in place before he goes.

Cox v Gillie and Rab v Giorgi in the semis. Cox v Rab final imo. Quite fitting as I met Cox and Rab in the Mardi Gras after our Scottish Cup QF exit v Rangers in '98. I was gushing like the wee fan boy I was meeting a Dee legend, but Coxy deflected my attention to heap praise on Rab who was standing beside him.

20 years later and my hand still hurts from our league winning captain's vice-like handshake.

5 hours ago, G_Man1985 said:

So seen already in the prediction league thread that a fair few think we will finish 7th/8th.

For me it's more hope than anything. If we get more signings in and hold on to a few I could agree with this. If not then realistically I'd go between 8th/9th/10th.

If McCann is getting to spend money where SHOULD we be finishing?

Depends how much money - paying fees doesn't guarantee success but it does increase the likelihood of it.  So, higher than 9th or 10th IMO. 

So seen already in the prediction league thread that a fair few think we will finish 7th/8th.

For me it's more hope than anything. If we get more signings in and hold on to a few I could agree with this. If not then realistically I'd go between 8th/9th/10th.

If McCann is getting to spend money where SHOULD we be finishing?
id take a season similar to what st johnstone have just had. no real risk of relegarion and a comfortable 8th. throw in a cup semi final and id be happy