All things Dundee FC

Making this whole staying up thing look rather easy, it's amazing what the pressure coming off can do.

Has been pretty brutal but I don't think the problems are that extensive.  Three things we need imo:

1.  Some stability, let's not sign ten players and chuck ten players and let's not be forced to rebuild our centre back pairing three times.
  2. Someone to put the ball in the net. Think the returning slayer brings a fair bit of creativity, don't mind Gardyne too, would really like a Templeton type.
  3. Keep blooding youngsters, even if they screw up. They are our future and where we have invested it has paid off. It rarely does so instantly.

Making this whole staying up thing look rather easy, it's amazing what the pressure coming off can do.
Has been pretty brutal but I don't think the problems are that extensive.  Three things we need imo:
  1.  Some stability, let's not sign ten players and chuck ten players and let's not be forced to rebuild our centre back pairing three times.
  2. Someone to put the ball in the net. Think the returning slayer brings a fair bit of creativity, don't mind Gardyne too, would really like a Templeton type.
  3. Keep blooding youngsters, even if they screw up. They are our future and where we have invested it has paid off. It rarely does so instantly.

I agree with all that. Think we have been easier on the eye than last season which was fucking atrocious.

NM can roll the dice again. 7th or 8th would be an improvement and a cup semi at least. A wee trip to Hampden would be nice.

Apparently the majority of the league are after Schalk. It'll be a straight out vulture scrap over Countys out of contract players now. 

Really? It’s great having someone ITK helping us out.

23 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

Can we not let this distort the fact that it's been a brutal season? Much improvement needed.

Thank You.

Brutal in terms of results, but for so many of those defeats we should have been out of sight long before the opposition scored. 

Had we had a proper goalscorer, we'd either be in the top 6, or comfortably 7th. 

3 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Highlights of the season?

1) Murray’s brace at Firhill
2) Parish’s penalty save v Imrie
3) Moussa’s winner against Sainties

The collective wtf from the rest of the league when we signed Caulker was pretty good too tbf

5 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Highlights of the season?

1) Murray’s brace at Firhill
2) Parish’s penalty save v Imrie
3) Moussa’s winner against Sainties

4) Henvey's winner against Hamilton
5) O'Hara's double against Sevco
6) (If I'm allowed one not in the league) Keeping the DABs in their box

5 minutes ago, AnAnInginAneAnA said:

To be fair to the rest of the league, I think even half of us were in WTF mode at that one.

Haha, yeah I definitely was anyway - wonder if McCann has any other surprises in store for us next season!

Stability is the key to success. Maintaining out premier league status allows us to keep the build going and avoids stripping and rebuilding squads. We are going in the right direction slowly .

If we keep our key players, a keeper, left back and an out and out poacher would help us take the next step imo

1 hour ago, The Master said:

4) Henvey's winner against Hamilton
5) O'Hara's double against Sevco
6) (If I'm allowed one not in the league) Keeping the DABs in their box

Henvey's was a beauty from a great Scotty Allan cross, however that was the tying goal. The magnificent 98th minute winner in the downpour at the  SuperScum stadium in Toryville was an AJLS re-direction of a Kamara pass/shot after Glen received another neat pass from Allan. 

Nonetheless watching the last half hour behind the Accies goal in the pissing rain and turning over their 1-0 lead was certainly an away day to remember!

Happy with the progress made by the club this season.

More points and a higher league position than last season which brings an extra bit of prize money. Also a better style of play that we’ve not seen since the Nemsadze, Caballero days.

A record 7 figure  transfer fee to boost the coffers with Kamara and Caulker being worth a similar value. 

Unlucky cup draws getting the League Cup winners and the Scottish Cup finalists  

A Development side that has vastly improved. Which has saw game time for Waddell, Jefferies, Lambert, Henvey, Scott, Curran, Piggott and Ferrrie plus Kerr, Wighton and Spence who are  established at 1st team level. 

Youth system improving with us now pinching players from Yenited rather than the other way about  

A much improved squad on this time last year with a chance to get rid of further deadwood in the next couple of weeks. Not all signings pan out as we hope but McCann’s made some very good purchases. 

Possibility of a new stadium that could be a game changer for us in terms of income.

Social media team that has got it spot on. What was done regards the kit launch was great to see

Relegation was never on. I think we can all agree we were always going to finish above Hamilton, Partick and County.  ;)

Edited by Yenitit