All things Dundee FC

28 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:
1 hour ago, harry94 said:
He's got lot's of potential to be a really great player at this level IMO but just desperately needs to bulk up.

What are you basing this on?

He's a really good naturally gifted footballer. Great touch and vision which is apparent when you see him at a slightly lower level.

I do have a feeling he'll need to make his career elsewhere though as we can't really hold on forever. He's a bit of a popstar too.

21 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Gardyne is decent player and would give more options for us - I think having a few older heads makes sense.

He'd become the oldest in the squad by 2 year. Not that that's necessarily a bad thing.

Don't like the idea of him as a starting regular, but as an option off the bench would be a good signing to give a bit more strength in depth. 3 goal and 7 assists this season is better than anyone in our current squad from midfield - with O'Hara being the closest with 3/3. I've just never rated him massively. 

Rumored to have been at Dens on Saturday. 

Gardyne is decent player and would give more options for us - I think having a few older heads makes sense.

Agree with this gives us a different option , very versatile player and cheap enough when I look at the bench we have his name at the very least didn’t give me goosbumps

My only concern with Gardyne is that I'd expect he would want to be making a move that would pay him reasonably well and he'll think enough of himself that he will want to start games. (I wouldn't blame him for any of that BTW). However if that eats up too much of the budget that we can't then make an offer to a player that we think (hope) will significantly improve the 1st eleven, that's an issue in my opinion. I'd be wary of spunking too much cash on him.

Decent player at this level so at the right price I wouldn't be unhappy at bringing him in.

2 minutes ago, rodallegabombs said:

My only concern with Gardyne is that I'd expect he would want to be making a move that would pay him reasonably well and he'll think enough of himself that he will want to start games. (I wouldn't blame him for any of that BTW). However if that eats up too much of the budget that we can't then make an offer to a player that we think (hope) will significantly improve the 1st eleven, that's an issue in my opinion. I'd be wary of spunking too much cash on him.

Decent player at this level so at the right price I wouldn't be unhappy at bringing him in.

Agree with this entirely. 

I think we could be his only “top flight “ option and at his age his age and career he has had he doesn’t exactly have the sway a younger player with potential might have

Bar that he’s been in the game long enough to know he’s never going to get that good a wage especially for an ex dab

18 minutes ago, ah-dee said:

wouldnt mind tge lad shalk and keillor-dunn at dens next season. i believe shalk is out of contract but compensation would be due for keillor-dunn

Apparently the majority of the league are after Schalk. It'll be a straight out vulture scrap over Countys out of contract players now.