All things Dundee FC

Oft. Happyaccie raging. Thank f**k I only have to read quotes from others. The nonsense he spouts is truly unbearable.

It does get a bit tiring to get the notification that he has quoted me when the fucker knows I don't read his posts unless they've been quoted by someone else.

27 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

What an evening. The mighty world famous are beaten at the Tony Macaroni stadium for the second time this season.

I remember sitting slumped in the shed watching the Dabs horse us 3 0 in the game where Johnny Russel scored two. As i watched the dayglo clad woman and children directly across from me raise their knitting needles and weathers originals in the air whilst taunting it truly was a sight that disgusted me to the core. The thought of it still brings my mood down about 30% at any time.

However, i remember thinking that better days would come for the Derry faithful and to remember such times when the Dees are in their rightful place - the pride of Tayside.

Now here i sit and ponder what they have became as time has taken it's toll:

The Dabs are in meltdown, with home attendances plumetting. Our streets are being cleansed - I've not seen a tangerine top in months as they retreat back to Angus with their tails between their legs.

They are pennyless. Absolutely pennyless.

We relegated them at Dens and sent the small band of away fans (lowest ever for a derby match) sliding out of the Shankly on a tsunami of Hooly's tears.

They are on a managerial merry go round,  which is all adding up in costs. 

Gussie Park is being sold off to raise funds. 

Pitch invasions after beating Airdrie in the cup. However the Dabs slated Dees for over celebrating as Jazza began the dabs long comical journey to the championship.

The list could go on all night, it really could. The financial troubles are beginning soon and i'm buying a fucking front seat ticket. 

Get it round every single one of you dayglo b*****ds, you deserve every moment of shit you're going through and i only hope it gets a hell of s lot worse. Fucking arseholes. Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaassssssssss.

Thank you very much, cuntos. Thank you.

jockysmile.jpg

6 hours ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

What an evening. The mighty world famous are beaten at the Tony Macaroni stadium for the second time this season.

I remember sitting slumped in the shed watching the Dabs horse us 3 0 in the game where Johnny Russel scored two. As i watched the dayglo clad woman and children directly across from me raise their knitting needles and weathers originals in the air whilst taunting it truly was a sight that disgusted me to the core. The thought of it still brings my mood down about 30% at any time.

However, i remember thinking that better days would come for the Derry faithful and to remember such times when the Dees are in their rightful place - the pride of Tayside.

The Dabs are in meltdown, with home attendances plumetting. Our streets are being cleansed - I've not seen a tangerine top in months as they retreat back to Angus with their tails between their legs.

We relegated them at Dens and sent the small band of away fans (lowest ever for a derby match) sliding out of the Shankly on a tsunami of Hooly's tears.

Pitch invasions after beating Airdrie in the cup. However the Dabs slated Dees for over celebrating as Jazza began the dabs long comical journey to the championship.

The list could go on all night, it really could. The financial troubles are beginning soon and i'm buying a fucking front seat ticket. 

Get it round every single one of you dayglo b*****ds, you deserve every moment of shit you're going through and i only hope it gets a hell of s lot worse. Fucking arseholes. Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaassssssssss.

I recently finished an Ernest Hemingway novel and none of his prose came remotely close to 'a tsunami of Hooly's tears'.

Beautiful.

7 hours ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

GD498049.jpg

18 hours ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Maybe one day....

42 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Saints game at home is a must win now - can't see us picking up any other wins before the split - we might scrape a point if we are lucky. The post-split games will be crucial - the way we are playing I'd rather have 3 away games than 3 at home.

Be an interesting game, you lot seem to be playing well, conceding sloppy/unlucky goals and not scoring any. While we've rediscovered what a clean sheet is, and couldve easily scored four or five today. 

Fwiw I think both clubs have enough to stay clear of relegation, County are one of the worst teams I can ever remember seeing at this level

I honestly can't see us scoring from open play at any point in the near future. We look semi-dangerous at corners and free kicks (when the ball doesn't hit the first defender, go out for a goal kick or land in the goalie's hands), but that's about it.

We allegedly have pace with Deacon and Murray, but seem unable to play a decent through ball for them to run on to. We should have good aerial ability with Haber (& Moussa to a lesser extent) as we saw last season, but it's just not there.

We should have goals from midfield but, unless we are playing faux-Rangers and O'Hara scores, we don't.

Not really sure what AJLS brings to the team, I wish we could see more from El Bak, as I think he's got real talent, and Wighton, Henvey and the young lad Smith may have more to offer in seasons to come.

God, it's depressing being a Dee. Still, things could be worse. (Please see 200m down the road for more details...)

I'm not too sure why people are complaining about the way the defence was set up today. What I kind of understand is the frustration at his tinkering but I actually thought we defended well today. Kamara switches off and they scored with their only attack of the game - still think it was offside. We dealt with everything else no problem.

Our problem is clear and it's the lack of goals. We created enough to score at least 3 but for some reason can't seem to put the ball in the net and haven't been able to all season. Moussa is frustrating the piss out of me because (and I know people who don't like him will disagree) but his hold up and link up play is excellent but his finishing and taking of chances is worse than any striker I have ever seen in my life. I can see why McCann is sticking with him but at the same time we need someone to be scoring regardless of how good they do everything else.

O'Hara needs dropped for Spence or Curran. That's 2 games he's brought absolutely nothing. There's definitely a player in there but I don't think a spell on the bench will do him any harm.