All things Dundee FC

Just now, G_Man1985 said:

He was linked with us..

That was all :-).

And then went into a debate how nae c**t could sign him until the summer.

And then we went on about how shite our strikers have been.

Hope that's cleared that up for you

We have Si Murray m9. 

Watt is a busted flush.  From what I heard, the minute the ball hit the net for the winner against Barca he spent his time swanning around Glasgow acting 'the man' and didn't bother his arse actually working towards being a better player.  Would be signed purely on the basis of that goal, nothing since.

Pretty sure he is just running around with them to keep himself football busy as he can't sign anywhere for the rest of the season. At least that is my understanding. 

I’d have thought the fact McInnes has already been in for him previously and Watt was quoted as saying he thought McInnes would be the perfect manager for him (or words to that effect) probably give it a bit more weight & substance.

It’s not really a massive leap to take IMO.

Watt is a busted flush.  From what I heard, the minute the ball hit the net for the winner against Barca he spent his time swanning around Glasgow acting 'the man' and didn't bother his arse actually working towards being a better player.  Would be signed purely on the basis of that goal, nothing since.

This isn’t true. Listen to Si Ferry’s interview with him, explains what happened. He’s a very good player fit, had brilliant spells with Charlton and Cardiff recently. Fans loved him there. Not so great at Hearts but talks about that in the podcast too.

Still like someone’s mentioned not really relevant for Dundee.

8 hours ago, capt_oats said:

I’d have thought the fact McInnes has already been in for him previously and Watt was quoted as saying he thought McInnes would be the perfect manager for him (or words to that effect) probably give it a bit more weight & substance.

To be fair to Watt, he's not really reported to have done anything really badly wrong in the last couple of years. He seems to be trying to expand his horizons with going abroad and that's not really something he can be criticised for. It does seem as if he knuckled down in Belgium but the new manager and influx of money put him out of the picture so he left on amicable terms.

I think he could be a pretty good player for many teams in this league but if he's still keen on playing away and it makes him happy, he should probably do that. It's maybe better for him if he isn't close to home.

8 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

This isn’t true. Listen to Si Ferry’s interview with him, explains what happened. He’s a very good player fit, had brilliant spells with Charlton and Cardiff recently. Fans loved him there. Not so great at Hearts but talks about that in the podcast too.

Still like someone’s mentioned not really relevant for Dundee.

Where are you getting the information from that that wasn't true? I lived through there and I heard the exact same that he thought he had made it after the Barca goal and was giving it the big I am and indulging in some activities that a sportsman trying to better himself probably shouldn't.  

As for having "brilliant" spells with Charlton and Cardiff, I think you might be stretching the truth a bit there. If you read between the lines of what Charlton managers said about him it sounds like he had a bit of an attitude problem. I'm sure his Belgian manager said the same. I'm glad it only turned out to be a rumour about us getting him because he was shite with Hearts. (Cue him joining us in the summer now).

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/15474023.Tony_Watt__What_each_Charlton_manager_said_about_the_striker_during_his_turbulent_Valley_spell/

Where are you getting the information from that that wasn't true? I lived through there and I heard the exact same that he thought he had made it after the Barca goal and was giving it the big I am and indulging in some activities that a sportsman trying to better himself probably shouldn't.  

As for having "brilliant" spells with Charlton and Cardiff, I think you might be stretching the truth a bit there. If you read between the lines of what Charlton managers said about him it sounds like he had a bit of an attitude problem. I'm sure his Belgian manager said the same. I'm glad it only turned out to be a rumour about us getting him because he was shite with Hearts. (Cue him joining us in the summer now).

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/15474023.Tony_Watt__What_each_Charlton_manager_said_about_the_striker_during_his_turbulent_Valley_spell/

I have heard exactly the same things I’m sure everyone has. Easy thing to believe too but he talks about that in his interview and dismisses it. He’s obviously going to make himself sound better I know but he seems genuine and does talk about going out too and admits he made some mistakes himself. I don’t get the impression that he is that kind of guy.

Not saying overall his time with Charlton and Cardiff were brilliant but he did have a few really good runs where he was scoring and playing very well. If Cardiff never had a transfer embargo they would’ve bought him I’m sure. Followed him really closely since that goal v Barca really thought he’d push on and be a good International. Used to have a look at what fans were saying about him and look out for his goals etc. There’s a cracker of a video of him keeping the ball in the corner by himself at The Valley v Forest I think, good 2-3 minutes.

I don’t know where he’ll end up Dee Man but I hope he does well for himself, think he’s got a lot of potential if he got himself fit and playing regularly. Could still be Scotland player in my opinion.

Anyway sorry for derailing your thread. I’ll move over and let RandomGuy and HappyAccie back in so things can get back to normal. [emoji4]

17 hours ago, G_Man1985 said:

I wonder on what basis we signed Moussa for ?

Amazingly I've been taken to task on another forum (a dedicated Dee forum) for suggesting that maybe just maybe keeping our leading goal scorer against premier league oppo AJLS on the bench to start the last two weeks so we could watch Moussa trot about aimlessly may have been a bad idea.  And in a totally bewildering post one fellow Dee suggested Moussa as MoM against Thistle at the weekend, you couldnae make it up, I thought it was a satirical post at first, but sadly it wasn't.  If AJLS doesn't get on in the Moose's place at the weekend then we meekly lose another game. AJLS and Murray ran riot in that last 20 minutes and could've had about four goals.

But but but..... Moussa's just lacking confidence, he's a real physical presence, he tries hard, he doesn't wear ripped jeans, he's a nice guy, he would really like to score but just hasn't had any luck, we just have to give him a chance......... I'm baffled by how he has any defenders.

A lot of our fans think, and our manager seem to think that football can't be played without a having a big lump up front so with Haber finished for the season due to his back surgery I fear we'll be seeing lots more of Moussa. Personally I'd tell Moussa to find Wolters and just stand beside him at games then we can place a glass case around them with explicit instructions that the glass is not to be broken in case of only the direst emergencies.

Unfortunately with Henvey hurt, Haber done, the enigmatic ElBak, and the new boy Scott in the dev squad (whom I don't think they'll want to play in case they have too) as our only options I fear (because of our managers blind spot for the moose) much more Moussa in my viewing future. Again though if he is on the field I hope one of these days it all goes right for him because that means good things for the Dee, but man it doesn't look promising.

9 hours ago, capt_oats said:

I hadn't heard about Watt's previous comments about McInnes, but with him being unable to play anywhere else this season it seems like a bit of a meh. I could be totally wrong about this, and would be happily corrected. Maybe he can sign and play although if he can't it makes you wonder why he didn't get himself sorted before the 31st with instead of having to sit out at this point.

2 hours ago, Moo said:

Watt could sign for a Scandinavian team I believe as their season is just starting but obviously it doesn't matter to us.

Same with the Irish league so he'll probably sign for some Irish team like Celtic or something.

Just been reading the February 22 entry in “Dundee FC On This Day” and in 2003 apart from beating Aberdeen 2-0 in the Cup, this happened and it’s a shit load better than De Gea’s save.

That save was incredible.

We were amazing in the first half of that game and should have had 4 or 5.

We took it easy in the second half and cigared our way to the quarters but that was an opportunity missed to really hammer the Dons for once.