All things Dundee FC

Spud, Can we at least agree that, at the moment he is head and shoulders a better, more worthwhile contributor to Dundee than Spence ?

I honestly couldn’t agree with that, no. I think Spence has been a pleasant surprise, makes tackles, tries to play the ball forward. In essence I think Spence is better than you appear to and Kamara worse. If Kamara is that good how come our midfield is overall shite?

6 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

I honestly couldn’t agree with that, no. I think Spence has been a pleasant surprise, makes tackles, tries to play the ball forward. In essence I think Spence is better than you appear to and Kamara worse. If Kamara is that good how come our midfield is overall shite?

The best comparisons I can draw for the two, albeit very far off at this moment in time, are that Spence comes across as a Scott Brown type where he isn't afraid to get in about the opposition midfield and has a bit of dig about him but can also move the team forward. Whereas Kamara has the Kevin Thomson style play about him where he anchors the midfield and looks for the sideward pass and to retain possession.

Please don't crucify me.

The best comparisons I can draw for the two, albeit very far off at this moment in time, are that Spence comes across as a Scott Brown type where he isn't afraid to get in about the opposition midfield and has a bit of dig about him but can also move the team forward. Whereas Kamara has the Kevin Thomson style play about him where he anchors the midfield and looks for the sideward pass and to retain possession.
Please don't crucify me.

I totally agree with you. I think we should be playing the 2 of them together with Gowser and a n other.

9 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

I totally agree with you. I think we should be playing the 2 of them together with Gowser and a n other.

4 central midfielders? Didn't realise you were Paul Hartley ;)

I'm on the Spence is below our level side. Better than expected, better than Dunfermline fans labelled him as but not cut out for a team that has top 6 ambitions. Not good enough for our relegation battle either mind you.

4 central midfielders? Didn't realise you were Paul Hartley [emoji6]
I'm on the Spence is below our level side. Better than expected, better than Dunfermline fans labelled him as but not cut out for a team that has top 6 ambitions. Not good enough for our relegation battle either mind you.

No, the fourth would be Deacon or similar. We are playing with O’Hara and I’ve really no idea what he is.

McCann saying on the radio that we didn’t manage the game properly despite him shouting at them what should be done.  Surely that’s  where the captain of the team should be doing his bit on the park.  Trouble is O’Dea isn’t sure what he’s doing himself, let alone telling others what they should be doing.

Kind of agree with McCann blaming the players to an extent. I think he's shouldered the blame in a few games but there's only so much he can do when they players on the park don't follow instruction. I actually didn't disagree with any of his tactical changes in the second half yesterday - the Deacon/Kerr sub sounds like it was an attempt to protect a freshly recovered player from potential re-injury.

O'Dea was to blame for both of the goals in my opinion. First goal he's chasing the ball to the halfway line when there's midfielders dealing with the situation - leaving him miles out of position ( which I think McCann alluded to in his interview). The second goal he dives into a tackle and without making a tackle or a foul, let's Wilson run straight past him.

They players have to take some of the blame in that regard. There's only so much a manager can do mid-game and intelligent in-game decision making isn't one of them.

There's no glossing over how bad a result last night was - even at 2-2 I wouldn't have been massively disheartened given the form Killie have been in.

1 hour ago, DigOutYourSoul said:

Kind of agree with McCann blaming the players to an extent. I think he's shouldered the blame in a few games but there's only so much he can do when they players on the park don't follow instruction. I actually didn't disagree with any of his tactical changes in the second half yesterday - the Deacon/Kerr sub sounds like it was an attempt to protect a freshly recovered player from potential re-injury.

O'Dea was to blame for both of the goals in my opinion. First goal he's chasing the ball to the halfway line when there's midfielders dealing with the situation - leaving him miles out of position ( which I think McCann alluded to in his interview). The second goal he dives into a tackle and without making a tackle or a foul, let's Wilson run straight past him.

They players have to take some of the blame in that regard. There's only so much a manager can do mid-game and intelligent in-game decision making isn't one of them.

There's no glossing over how bad a result last night was - even at 2-2 I wouldn't have been massively disheartened given the form Killie have been in.

Lets hope this keeps him out of the starting line-up on Saturday then - the guy's a liability !

1 hour ago, DigOutYourSoul said:

I haven’t seen the goals yet but it’s no surprise you’re saying O’Dea is to  blame for the goals.  I just can’t believe anyone thinks he is worth defending.  When he first came he was an asset to the team but his pace has gone and without that his poor decision making is cruelly exposed.  O’Dea’s not disciplined enough.  Chasing the ball to the halfway line is a prime example.  Waddell is raw but he’s quicker and scores goals.

McCann needs to be strong, drop O’Dea and place the captaincy elsewhere.

24 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

I haven’t seen the goals yet but it’s no surprise you’re saying O’Dea is to  blame for the goals.  I just can’t believe anyone thinks he is worth defending.  When he first came he was an asset to the team but his pace has gone and without that his poor decision making is cruelly exposed.  O’Dea’s not disciplined enough.  Chasing the ball to the halfway line is a prime example.  Waddell is raw but he’s quicker and scores goals.

McCann needs to be strong, drop O’Dea and place the captaincy elsewhere.

Caulker would be an ideal captain

The manner of the defeat is the most concerning thing, folded like a cheap tent. If we don't get 3 points on Saturday we are in big trouble, I'm seriously doubting that these players have it in them to get us out of this mess. Any chance of getting the chubby baller back until the end of the season? 

My thoughts following last nights disaster....

Kerr - shadow of the player we saw last season. Confidence is rock bottom, shits himself at the thought of going forward and seems to consistently cut inside on his left to cross which is easy for the centre halves to defend

Angolan geezer - The jury is still out on him. Looks to be relatively comfortable with the ball at his feet

Caulker - sexy

O'Dea - A disaster waiting to happen

Spanish Jon - I just really don't get the hype about this fella. For me he's shown nothing. He looks heavy, can't seem to stop a cross. If Holt wasn't so poor I think he would stand out as even more of a passenger than he already does

Kamara - Been poor the past few weeks for his standards

O'Hara - He isn't a midfielder. We would benefit from playing him at right back. I surely can't be the only one who thinks that. Drifts in and out of games too much to play in the middle of the park

Spence - still can't make my mind up about him

El Bak - Stinking. I've done heavier dumps than him....he'd get bullied playing against 14 year olds

McGowan - 3 times last night he just kicked it aimlessly the way he was facing. Been one of our better players this season but wouldn't be surprised to see him dropped on Saturday

Deacon - Hot and Cold. Seems disinterested half the time

Moussa - Thought he did relatively well last night, linked up well with Murray and made a nuisance of himself

Murray - Looked lively enough, should have maybe done better with the chance he missed. Will need to watch it back

We lack width. Full backs are shit and so are the boys in front of them.

I can't go on Saturday thankfully but we really need to be more streetwise if we're to pick up anything in Maryhill

5 minutes ago, KlokTheKock said:

My thoughts following last nights disaster....

Kerr - shadow of the player we saw last season. Confidence is rock bottom, shits himself at the thought of going forward and seems to consistently cut inside on his left to cross which is easy for the centre halves to defend

Angolan geezer - The jury is still out on him. Looks to be relatively comfortable with the ball at his feet

Caulker - sexy

O'Dea - A disaster waiting to happen

Spanish Jon - I just really don't get the hype about this fella. For me he's shown nothing. He looks heavy, can't seem to stop a cross. If Holt wasn't so poor I think he would stand out as even more of a passenger than he already does

Kamara - Been poor the past few weeks for his standards

O'Hara - He isn't a midfielder. We would benefit from playing him at right back. I surely can't be the only one who thinks that. Drifts in and out of games too much to play in the middle of the park

Spence - still can't make my mind up about him

El Bak - Stinking. I've done heavier dumps than him....he'd get bullied playing against 14 year olds

McGowan - 3 times last night he just kicked it aimlessly the way he was facing. Been one of our better players this season but wouldn't be surprised to see him dropped on Saturday

Deacon - Hot and Cold. Seems disinterested half the time

Moussa - Thought he did relatively well last night, linked up well with Murray and made a nuisance of himself

Murray - Looked lively enough, should have maybe done better with the chance he missed. Will need to watch it back

We lack width. Full backs are shit and so are the boys in front of them.

I can't go on Saturday thankfully but we really need to be more streetwise if we're to pick up anything in Maryhill

The stats show Jon is the best player in the league at stopping crosses into the box by quite a bit. He's not an attacking player but play him in a back four as an actual left back and he's the best player we've had in that position in my lifetime. He's a bit lost with the back 3.

George Cran in the Tele saying McCann threw on El Bak for Kusunga at 2-2 looking to get all 3 points.  Anyone got any idea why putting El Bak on is likely to get you the 3 points?  More likely to lose a goal due to El Bak’s constant lack of concentration and failure to track back.

1 minute ago, G_Man1985 said:

Ohara with his runs forward cause some defenders problems. Hasn't he scored a few like that ?
I agree he isn't a good midfielder but has did better than others.
Moussa is a nuisance. He is also a shite striker. Loves a penalty.
Ryan conroy loved a free kick and a penalty but even he could score from open play. Half a season and not one goal from open play? Can make excuses for him but that's not acceptable. A poor signing.
Deacon shows he can run forward n cause bother , but when you have shite upfront what do you expect ?

I won't defend the team as it's awful. Keep getting told we play good football ( better than Hartley shite ) yet means f**k all and people are calling for the managers head after half a season.

A big ask on Saturday for the boys to dig in deep and get out of this shit.

Not that it changes things much but Moussa has scored two perfectly good goals this season from open play and had them ruled out. Doesn't exactly help matters!