All things Dundee FC

McCann saying on the radio that we didn’t manage the game properly despite him shouting at them what should be done.  Surely that’s  where the captain of the team should be doing his bit on the park.  Trouble is O’Dea isn’t sure what he’s doing himself, let alone telling others what they should be doing.

4 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

We sell Hendry for a Million so we can spend £30 a week on a free agent? How stupid is boredom guy?

9 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Hes obviously not near that. An 80% pay cut takes him to £6k a week. You think he'd be so short of offers he'd be taking less than that?

Should probably learn to read at some point, m8.

1 minute ago, G_Man1985 said:
8 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:
McCann saying on the radio that we didn’t manage the game properly despite him shouting at them what should be done.  Surely that’s  where the captain of the team should be doing his bit on the park.  Trouble is O’Dea isn’t sure what he’s doing himself, let alone telling others what they should be doing.

Surely the captain should be playing every game and leading by example. Our team has no consistencies at all. Changing all the time.

The captain should be playing every game.  O’Dea should not be our captain though.

1 minute ago, G_Man1985 said:
8 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

Surely the captain should be playing every game and leading by example. Our team has no consistencies at all. Changing all the time.

Our captain is a liability and our vice captain is out of his depth, both McCanns decisions if I'm not mistaken

Were you there?

No Chick, sorry Spud, to my eternal shame for the first time this season, I wasn't.

For that reason, I felt commenting on your assertion that Spence is a better option than Kamara is nonsense.

For example, when can you remember Kamara giving a pass to one of our defenders as bad as Spencer's to Waddel last week resulting in a goal against us ?

We're you perchance at Fir Park earlier this season where Spence after 60 minutes good play eventually ran out of steam and dropped a ball to the Jags attack resulting in... guess what?

I don't think Spence is a bad player, far from it. In fact he has the potential to be a great player, but let's be honest here, Kamara has become a full international whilst with US while Spence is still a 'bit' player (not that if he fulfils his potential he won't do this)

Kamara, as far as I can recall had a dreadful match at Pittodrie.

He is probably one of the cleanest tacklers I've seen in over 40 years and his ability to run with his head up and see a pass is superb.

I don't have a stiffy for him. He has to the best of my recollection never had a shot at goal in a Dundee top.

Let that sink in.

Probably the most gifted ball player we have in our team, to my recollection has never had a shot at goal....

I did not intend to have a go at You personally Spud. My issue was with your (probably exasperated) comment regarding Spence and Kamara

Just now, Fifespud said:

I can read perfectly m8. I can read that your talking shite and remain obsessed by us. It must make you happy I suppose.

Should probably learn the difference between "your" and "you're" at some point, m8.

O'Dea taking pelters on the basis of tonight is a bit far. Also, the idea of a captain being somewhat the leader of the team is a bit of a dated thing these days. You're either a leader or you're not, it's just a band at the end of the day.

That being said, I feel it was an unnecessary responsibility and pressure to give Kerr VC.

2 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

In agreement. I don't know who even deserves to be captain out there.
Shite bags right now

This and with the squad he's amassed I'm struggling to see what he can really do to change things, play all his central defenders with a two man midfield and lone striker and try to shitfest 0-0's until the end of the season?

Shite bags right now

This and with the squad he's amassed I'm struggling to see what he can really do to change things, play all his central defenders with a two man midfield and lone striker and try to shitfest 0-0's until the end of the season?

Try to get a few penalties.

Shite bags right now

This ....and with the squad he's amassed I'm struggling to see what he can really do to change things, play all his central defenders with a two man midfield and lone striker and try to shitfest 0-0's until the end of the season?

No Chick, sorry Spud, to my eternal shame for the first time this season, I wasn't.
For that reason, I felt commenting on your assertion that Spence is a better option than Kamara is nonsense.
For example, when can you remember Kamara giving a pass to one of our defenders as bad as Spencer's to Waddel last week resulting in a goal against us ?
We're you perchance at Fir Park earlier this season where Spence after 60 minutes good play eventually ran out of steam and dropped a ball to the Jags attack resulting in... guess what?
I don't think Spence is a bad player, far from it. In fact he has the potential to be a great player, but let's be honest here, Kamara has become a full international whilst with US while Spence is still a 'bit' player (not that if he fulfils his potential he won't do this)
He is probably one of the cleanest tacklers I've seen in over 40 years and his ability to run with his head up and see a pass is superb.
I don't have a stiffy for him. He has to the best of my recollection never had a shot at goal in a Dundee top.
Let that sink in.
Probably the most gifted ball player we have in our team, to my recollection has never had a shot at goal....
I did not intend to have a go at You personally Spud. My issue was with your (probably exasperated) comment regarding Spence and Kamara

Kamara is a young player who may well become a really good player but we will have to agree to differ about his current contribution to the team. In my opinion he is not nearly as good as some think he is. He’s had 3 honking games on the bounce.

I really, really like Kamara, but I was asked by a mate yesterday what does he bring to the team? He doesn't bring goals, he doesn't really bring assists, he doesn't stop us from conceding.

He's an amazing talent - but he doesn't have the impact he should have on games. We quite regularly get overrun in midfield.

We could do with a Scott Allan/GGH/lazy b*****d but creative genius in our midfield right now tbh.

2 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

O'Dea taking pelters on the basis of tonight is a bit far. Also, the idea of a captain being somewhat the leader of the team is a bit of a dated thing these days. You're either a leader or you're not, it's just a band at the end of the day.

That being said, I feel it was an unnecessary responsibility and pressure to give Kerr VC.

Ken what, when he first got here he was helpful and undeniably an integral part of our defence for a while. But for the last year or so he has been seriously regressing, I cant remember last time I didn't think he was a liability.

I really, really like Kamara, but I was asked by a mate yesterday what does he bring to the team? He doesn't bring goals, he doesn't really bring assists, he doesn't stop us from conceding.

He's an amazing talent - but he doesn't have the impact he should have on games. We quite regularly get overrun in midfield.

We could do with a Scott Allan/GGH/lazy b*****d but creative genius in our midfield right now tbh.

Can't really disagree too much with this. However, the 97th minute winner assist against Hamilton suggests otherwise.
We do require a central midfield ball winner in the Bommer or Thompson or Cammy Fraser mould.
That would free up Kamara and wait for it McGowan to play their natural game and produce.

Kamara is a young player who may well become a really good player but we will have to agree to differ about his current contribution to the team. In my opinion he is not nearly as good as some think he is. He’s had 3 honking games on the bounce.

Spud, Can we at least agree that, at the moment he is head and shoulders a better, more worthwhile contributor to Dundee than Spence ?

31 minutes ago, Maslow said:

Let that sink in.

The boy Spence must be a quality player, as you have just said in your post that whilst playing at Fir Park, he created a goal  for the Jags after tiring on the 60 minute mark.