All things Dundee FC

(Potentially) superb signing by Dundee.

Obviously every signing has risks but I would expect him to really stroll it up here. Physically he will be on another level to a lot of his opponents.

When the best of #TB4 next meet the best of #W38 we could see a clash so titanic it leads to the end of the world in a Mulumaulkerpocalypse.

19 minutes ago, Moo said:

Fair play to the board, they took a lot of stick sanctioning the Hendry deal so late on in the transfer window but to pull off Caulker as a replacement is tremendous.

What was the actual point in signing the other lad last week though?

Either this just became a possibility after signing the General or Meekings injury issues are more serious than we're being lead to believe so NMc realized that chances were looking good that our central defensive pairing options of O'Dea/Waddell/Gadz (who seems completely out of the picture) may actually drag us down. 

9 minutes ago, cilitbang said:

Can Dundee afford him for 18months?

I suspect it's the case where we've got a release clause in there and he'll go for a fee which sees his wages recouped in the summer.

It doesn't sound like, from his interview, that he has had big buck mega offers rolling in domestically anyway tbh. He'll likely be our highest earner but I don't think it'll be as astronomical as thought.

Just now, harry94 said:

I suspect it's the case where we've got a release clause in there and he'll go for a fee which sees his wages recouped in the summer.

It doesn't sound like, from his interview, that he has had big buck mega offers rolling in domestically anyway tbh. He'll likely be our highest earner but I don't think it'll be as astronomical as thought.

Seems the most likely scenario. Even if half fit, he'll stroll it up here. You would expect.

Right up our street -

In June 2017, Caulker was interviewed by The Guardian and discussed his problems with alcohol, gambling addiction and depression. Caulker acknowledged that his problems had damaged his football career and had led him to consider suicide.[103]