All things Dundee FC

Nothing against Hendry. Classy player, got a move he deserved. Hates the DABs and can potentially make us more money in the future.

Simon fucking Murray though...

Give him a chance Ludo. He’s fast, direct and works his arse off. We’ve been half firing all season, he might just make the difference. Like you and me, he was a born a Dee, he’s coming home.

Going by the fact the interviewer says “today” and the clock behind him says 1:20, it’s safe to assume that’s 1:20am and we can maybe forgive Murray for not being particularly excitable...

And he probably just had a doctor sticking things up his arse etc.

Maybe I’m a bit pissed [emoji51]

Going by the fact the interviewer says “today” and the clock behind him says 1:20, it’s safe to assume that’s 1:20am and we can maybe forgive Murray for not being particularly excitable...

The interview was up at 00:15 give or take as I watched it as soon as the news broke our official site. Interesting spot that you seen it says 1:20. Surely wouldn't have been the afternoon?

5 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Horrible strip and where the f**k were they - the Alps?

That's more like it. 

That's Lennoxtown. Not quite in the Alps but in the Campsie Hills nonetheless.

Give him a chance Ludo. He’s fast, direct and works his arse off. We’ve been half firing all season, he might just make the difference. Like you and me, he was a born a Dee, he’s coming home.

I dunno. I have a balance. Every fan says they don't care as long as they win. If I just cared about winning I'd support Celtic. I think Murray is poor and he's not very likeable either considering his previous actions.

Certainly won't get on his back on match day and hope he fires in a few goals but I'm not overjoyed that he'll be wearing the Dark Blue tbh. (I know that probably makes me a nutter or such like to some).

I dunno. I have a balance. Every fan says they don't care as long as they win. If I just cared about winning I'd support Celtic. I think Murray is poor and he's not very likeable either considering his previous actions.

Certainly won't get on his back on match day and hope he fires in a few goals but I'm not overjoyed that he'll be wearing the Dark Blue tbh. (I know that probably makes me a nutter or such like to some).

We all have a line, for me it was that cunter John Brown, and I know you won’t be on his back and you’re definitely not a nutter.

I think/hope he will be better than you think. For me it’s his pace might just make the difference. As I say, really hope so anyway.

Just thought I'd list out our strikers goalscoring rates this season for the league. Brackets indicate substitute appearances.

AJLS - 11 (7) = 6 league goals.

Marcus Haber - 8 (2) = 2 league goals.

Sofien Moussa - 13 (3) = 3 league goals.

Simon Murray - 18 (5) = 6 league goals.

27 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Just thought I'd list out our strikers goalscoring rates this season for the league. Brackets indicate substitute appearances.

AJLS - 11 (7) = 6 league goals. Goal every 180 minutes

Marcus Haber - 8 (2) = 2 league goals. Goal every 347 minutes

Sofien Moussa - 13 (3) = 3 league goals. Goal every 383 minutes

Simon Murray - 18 (5) = 6 league goals. Goal every 244 minutes

FTFY

To go one step further than that:

1. AJLS - Played 1,106 minutes = 1 goal every 194 minutes. (1 penalty. Therefore - 1 goal from open play every 222 minutes)

2. Simon Murray - Played 1,551 minutes = 1 goal every 259 minutes. (1 penalty. Therefore - 1 goal from open play every 311 minutes.)

3. Marcus Haber - Played 604 minutes = 1 goal every 302 minutes.  (0 penalties.)

4. Sofien Moussa - Played 1,322 minutes = 1 goal every 441 minutes. (3 penalties. Therefore, 0 goals from open play in 1,322 minutes).

Based on the stats, we've signed a player that has a poorer goal scoring record this season than Marcus Haber but better than Moussa. AJLS still our biggest goal threat by a considerable distance (And that's not taking into account that Hibs have been providing much more chances for Murray I'd imagine).

5 hours ago, 02.05.16 said:

My biggest criticism of Murray is his interview on the OS in the announcement article.

That was his chance to come out and say "Yes I was a filthy, Judas, tangerine p***k but it was a mistake. I played in the Doon Derby and secretly loved it but out on the facade for the arab fans. But now I'm home, lets do some damage."

Missed a beat there son.

Should have been off to the nearest tattoo parlour to get an Alan Gilzean on his cock, before whipping it out for the cameras. In my humble opinion.

18 hours ago, RossDee01 said:

f**k it, Murray is a vast improvement on what we had previously and the exact player we were all crying out for. Regardless of his history with us, it's a good signing. He's just a guy doing his job at the end of the day, so hopefully the fans let him settle. He'll not be feeling too comfortable eitheremoji1.png

Praying that McCann has found another gem with this Dutch centre half we have on trial. , but with our track record of signing Dutch players I'm not holding my breath.

If McCann has found another gem, we can then immediately sign him to a 4 year contract only to have that roaster Rodgers (or the *** mob or some English team) start talking him up a month later and then a few months after that we'll see him being unveiled in a Septic jersey after we drop our pants and get spanked again. 

Being a football fan is so deflating honestly it's hard to believe anybody follows it seriously. I guess we live for the moments like 98th minute match winners, relegating your neighbours, celebrating with pals on away days, and following your team because it's in your blood. I'll be back in my seat hoping we beat County at the weekend because I can't help myself.

My Gramps took me to Dens for the first time in 1980, and his Gramps took him to Dens for the first time in 1931 so I am DTID, but I'll be damned if it isn't a kick in the plums a lot of the time.

Due to my parents work I spent a lot of time in Canada (as my user name implies) as a kid including my high school years, and when I try to explain how contracts and budgets work in Scottish football to my Canadian friends they are flabbergasted by the whole thing as it's so different to how sports work there. And yes before anyone jumps in and tells me that basically all of world football basically works like Scottish football - a few big teams in the league just run riot over the rest of the teams in the league on and off the pitch  - I don't give a s**t about what happens in England or France or Germany, I only care about what happens here sometimes it just feels like beating my head against a brick wall may be a better use of my time than following the Dee. It's an addiction I guess, at least it's better than getting hooked on the smack, I think!

Edited by CanadianDee

7 hours ago, DEEJANGO said:

Was about to like and agree with your post until you said Murray and Moussa! I would much prefer Murray and AJ.

I think his keyboard must have the keys all out of whack, and when he went to type in AJLS it came out as Moussa. I think that's fair because nobody can actually want to see Moussa on the field for the Dee unless it's an emergency. I'd just as soon have McCann register as a player than see the moose in action.

Edited by CanadianDee

20 hours ago, Fifespud said:

It’s basically an Allan/Murray swop. I doubt Hibs would have given us Murray for f**k all without Allan. As much as I love Allan he has played way less than half of the minutes possible this season.

First visit here for a wee while, still no let up in dee fans levels of thickness as this quoted post shows, it's basically an Allan/Murray swop lmfao. Spud truly is way out in front on the stupidity front using this as an example, can another Dee fan point out to him for this to be possible Allan would have required to be a Dundee player rather than a loan player from Sellick.

First visit here for a wee while, still no let up in dee fans levels of thickness as this quoted post shows, it's basically an Allan/Murray swop lmfao. Spud truly is way out in front on the stupidity front using this as an example, can another Dee fan point out to him for this to be possible Allan would have required to be a Dundee player rather than a loan player from Sellick.