All things Dundee FC

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

I don't. It'll be listed in our accounts eventually.

Keep an eye out for it then. TBF thats how folk figured out the O'Halloran and May fees.

4 minutes ago, daftydee said:

Still don't understand why we are just letting Bain go on loan, they were willing to pay for the Motherwell keeper

Somebody speculated earlier that he would only agree to a loan, so that we didn't receive any transfer money for him...

I'm filing it under Plausible. 

In all seriousness though, fucking delighted for Hendry. If anyone deserved a move like that it was him, been class this season and a reported club record fee plus add ons isn’t too shabby for a 22 year old we’ve had for 6 months.

No matter how much I tried to brace myself for the news I still ended up absolutely raging earlier, having calmed down a little and thought about it I feel we’re actually still okay defensively (until O’Dea resumes business as usual on Saturday) with Waddell/Meekings and having Julen come back in against St. J after a long time out and not put a foot wrong. Also got another option in Gadzhalov who’s just sitting rotting away, pretty sure NM would prefer to play El Bak centre half instead of Gadz if it came down to it.

10 hours ago, G_Man1985 said:

Right I'm good.

Now let's sell hendry for 1 million and get him back on loan and let's give Celtic bain.

And Simon Murray if he comes to Dens he is on a hiding to nothing as majority of Dundee fans dislike/hate him.

Let's see what happens.

f**k it, think I need to open a can of irn bru

I hope you laced that can of Irn Bru with a healthy splash of vodka! After this s**tshow the day I'm personally going to have to be drunk to watch the last half of this season, and I dinnae drink much. Could I sue a professional football club for turning me into an alkie??

8 hours ago, ravabelli said:

Any of our deals will probably be dictated on the finances gained from selling Hendry, last minute last day deals aren't ideal and we'll probably lose out in some way. Don't think there's much cash swishing around Dens so we could be stuck with what we have. On another note Ross County have pretty much signed a new squad...oh for an uncle Roy :(

Dundee's owners are minted though, but they seem more concerned with this new stadium than the squad on the field. 

The best you can say is that McCann and the board are doing the best for Dundee with all things considered. 

Bain is obviously disruptive and Hendry wanted to go. Look at the Mahrez situation, would we want an unhappy player potentially refusing to play or playing half heartedly?  We're not in a position to knock back good money. Ultimately, even if Dundee get half a million for him, his sale is worth about 1,500 season tickets. 

I liked Allan and the way he plays, but how much has he actually played and contributed to Dundee's points tally this year. 

Here's to Simon Murray, just a pity there's history there that he brought on himself. 

Just watched the Si Murray interview on the official - he appears to be less than overjoyed and shiteing it at the same time.

We were desperately needing a striker, I’m confident he is better than anything we’ve got, good luck to him.

If we go down now the board in particular will have completely lost the trust of the supporters.

1 hour ago, Baxter Parp said:
2 hours ago, CanadianDee said:
Dundee's owners are minted though, but they seem more concerned with this new stadium than the squad on the field. 

They're not a charity and we know where living beyond our means goes.

Keeping Hendry until the summer would not have reduced his value. It's got nothing to do with whether a football club is a charity or not. You don't get involved with Dundee FC expecting to make any real money. These rich guys that get involved with clubs such as Dundee do it because they've always wanted the 'prestige' of owning a sports team, but they are not Arab sheik rich that they can buy a PSG and then plow hundreds of millions of euros into it.  There is no reason to get involved with a Dundee FC unless you want try and get a good team on the field otherwise what is the point?

Nobody is expecting Keyes to lose ridiculous amounts of money, but the idea that we didn't get bent over today because we are not a 'charity' is bollocks. Maybe if these guys paid more attention to the on field product there'd be more people in the stand. 

I'll support the Dee forever, but it's disheartening how football is run. Contracts are meaningless when richer clubs want your players, but contracts are ironclad when you want to get rid of a player. As for people that say stuff like 'it's good for Hendry and he'll get a better wage, and once his head is turned' is a bunch of garbage. Hendry signed the 2 year contract - I assume without a gun to his head - and I'm sure would have survived until the summer for his move when we hopefully could've gotten some English clubs involved in the bidding.

Furthermore as a fan the player movement in football is ridiculous enough every summer with many teams looking completely different year to year, but now the Jan window you see many teams doing complete mid season overhauls as well. There is no continuity and therefore no affinity between fan and player when as a supporter you've got no idea who's going to be here in a month. The January window needs to be shortened or curtailed in some way, and season long loans should only be voidable only if both teams agree. Yes Celtic did us a favour by loaning us a decent player, but we did them a favour by playing that player when they had no plan for him this season and he just would've sat watching their games so it's a two way street. It's all gotten a bit ridiculous tbh. Every club seems to have one or two players that are lifers, but the other 20 players are just passing through town.

I'll support whomever plays in the Dark Blue including Murray, but it's offly uninspiring some days especially when you know that even if NM unearths another Hendry-like gem and sign him to a 6 year deal it won't matter the player will be sold when Septic (or someone else) comes around.

And speaking of Septic, that roaster Rodger's talk about how hard done by they are in Europe because they are outspent and don't have good enough competition domestically just speaks to the utter cognitive dissonance, hypocrisy, and arrogance they've got never ceases to astound especially after today. But hey ho that's just my opinion.

Edited by CanadianDee