All things Dundee FC

For all parties concerned he needs to be playing games. As Celtic can’t loan him back would the sensible deal not be for us to pre agree a sale in the summer for £1m?

He definitely needs to play games and he has surely learnt that too.

Worst case they sign him and loan him to another team because of the Scott Allan situ [emoji51]

My head is saying "Yes, he's better than what we have.", but my heart is saying "No way! No Fucking Way! For the love of all that is holy, f**k No!"

So as you can see, I'm kinda torn on the issue...

Totally agree but if we could get him we’d have to take him. Pretty sure he’ll be off down souf.

Stokes is an absolute waster. On another level when it comes to being a disruptive influence. Good player on his day but that didn’t happen too often for us this season. 

Scott Allan to Hibs. Simon Murray to Dens on loan. Transfer deadline day certainly comes up with some absolutely mental rumours. 

Who'd create any chances if Scott left? 

I would take Murray but not to replace Allan, and certainly not as the only striker we'd sign. I can't imagine there being many players Hibs would be willing to release who I'd be happy to have in place of Allan.

Who'd create any chances if Scott left? 
I would take Murray but not to replace Allan, and certainly not as the only striker we'd sign. I can't imagine there being many players Hibs would be willing to release who I'd be happy to have in place of Allan.

It’d be Celtic that Hibs would be doing the deal with though. Presumably it’d mean that Celtic could loan Hendry back to Dundee if they sign him.

1 minute ago, capt_oats said:

It’d be Celtic that Hibs would be doing the deal with though. Presumably it’d mean that Celtic could loan Hendry back to Dundee if they sign him.

Never thought of that. 

Still, our lack of goals is a major issue and losing Scott is something I don't think we can afford. The Record (I know) are saying Hibs are willing to give(loan?) us a player for the deal but I was under the impression that you can only loan one player from another team in the league. So unless Hibs are releasing someone to sign for us that scenario wouldn't happen. 

This is all off the top of my head though so there's a good chance I'm taking shit.:unsure2:

2 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Apparently - even if Hibs/Celtic/Allan all come to terms, we have the right to keep him till the end of the season under the terms of our loan deal.

If the window is open, I thought it was a case of just recalling a player domestically. There may be something in place that says 'Celtic pay Dundee X amount' if the recall is triggered but I wouldn't have thought we held the balance of power when we made the initial deal.

If the window is open, I thought it was a case of just recalling a player domestically. There may be something in place that says 'Celtic pay Dundee X amount' if the recall is triggered but I wouldn't have thought we held the balance of power when we made the initial deal.

I won't confess to being an expert in such things but could a 'no recall' option not have been put in the contract?

Received a text saying there is not a lot in the Allan to Hibs rumour and that Celtic offered us £1million and Scott Allan permanently for Hendry. Allan is the stumbling block in this.

Don't know the truth in this but it's as credible as the Daily Star at least who are the ones that have came up with the Allan to Hibs rumour.