All things Dundee FC

11 minutes ago, Dee-funked said:

James McPake has retired from playing, just been announced by the club.

Sorry to hear this but we all probably thought this was always a strong possibility.

I’d like to say thanks for his great effort and true commitment as a Dundee player, especially 11/08/15 at Tannadice.  He started what Craig Wighton finished!

Edited by Shadow Play

Gutted for James but not surprised. He's been an exceptional ambassador for the club though and I'm happy he'll still have a role here. 

Very classy statement which praises the club a lot, too. Hopefully he has a successful career from here on.

I’ll always remember James fondly in the Dundee shirt. He had his bombscare moments, but from that glorious goal against the dabs to the spectacular tackle that shattered his knee and cost him his career, you could see he was derried. Glad we’ve kept him on as a coach as well.

Thank you.

If you’d asked me a month ago if I thought he’d play again I’d have said no outright. Still, I was pretty sad at seeing the news.
Good to hear he’s still with the club as he is indeed Derry’d oot his nut.
[emoji1320]

That goal was fucking carnage and I will take that memory to my grave. I'm fucking gutted he's retired tbh. Was hoping we'd be in a secure come the last game of the season and he could at least come on and hobble about for the last minute to get the goodbye he deserved. Not sure if that's still possible but delighted he'll still be at the club. Top, top guy.

No Hendry tonight. Looks like we have dropped our trousers to Celtic.

924371E4-087B-4347-83C6-4043EFAD5CAE.thumb.jpeg.af50eb77c06497149b933ec02bad01a2.jpeg

Gutted but hopefully it was a decent fee. Also all the best to the lad, gave nothing short of 100% for us every time he played and celebrated every goal like a fan. Top lad and future Scotland internationalist.