All things Dundee FC

Nicky Low has rejoined Derry City on loan for 6 months. He only has 6 month left on his deal with us so that's him essentially left the club.

I know he didn’t get much of a chance and he’s a combative we guy but from what I did see if him I feel he is more of a championship level player so with that in mind it’s good to clear the decks. He was never going to be ‘must keep’ type imo.

43 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Cheers for brining this to our attention Biggie.  Good interview. 

McCann seemed desperate to give Moussa the first goal against Inverness did he not? :lol:

Good to see McCann encouraging O’Hara to ‘trust himself in bombing forward’.  At last a Bomber at Dens that I can actually like.

Does any Dundee fan here think Moussa and El Bak should ever get a game again?  Henvey came on a looked raw but at least there is potential there

Moussa and El Bak have had plenty of chances to show what they can do and both have repeatedly failed.

We all know how bad Moussa is so no point in going over that again.

El Bak constantly shoots when the better option is a pass.  He can’t play a simple pass. He can’t tackle and is lightweight.

No excuses.  A new striker is needed - now!

El Bahk telling the Derry to f**k off then arguing with the BC when he'd hit yet another terrible shot sums his Dundee career up so far, particularly because it was the one instance he made the wrong choice, as the fans weren't even paying attention to him at the time and instead boo'ing the ref/McGinn.

Allan turned the game for us tonight. Baffling tactics from McCann yet again and he was embarrassing on the radio saying that our slow start was 'part of the plan.'

El Bahktoui having a pop at the crowd  on more than 1 occasion tonight is when you know the game is well and truly up the poley. The boy’s shite and doesn’t have a clue when to shoot, when to pass, when to hold it up or when to try and take a man on plus he’s as saft as shite to boot. 1 of his half dozen or so shots went anywhere near the goal and he was very lucky not to give away a 2nd goal when losing possession yet again. If there’s been a more infuriating player in my time of going to watch Dundee I’m really struggling to think who it is. Hartley’s signings in the summer transfer window of 2016 were nothing but a disaster. 

Edited by Yenitit

37 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

Does any Dundee fan here think Moussa and El Bak should ever get a game again?  Henvey came on a looked raw but at least there is potential there

Moussa and El Bak have had plenty of chances to show what they can do and both have repeatedly failed.

We all know how bad Moussa is so no point in going over that again.

El Bak constantly shoots when the better option is a pass.  He can’t play a simple pass. He can’t tackle and is lightweight.

No excuses.  A new striker is needed - now!

I’d argue that 2 strikers are needed before the month is out. Deacon’s been missed imo. I might be losing the plot because I think Moussa would’ve been better than they 2 up front tonight. I’m away to get slaughtered now.......:lol:

Edited by Yenitit

As things stand Haber and AJLS are our best forward combo, but Haber keeps hurting himself. Possibly hurting himself during his numerous fashion shoots, but seriously every time this year that Haber gets a chance to get back in NMc's good books, and get a look in over the managers golden boy (Moussa) he does well then gets hurt.

I've made myself clear on how I feel about Moussa on these forums (drives me to drink), ElBak is very frustrating, but sometimes he is useful against tiring slower defenders, but he gives the ball away so easily and fires the ball at the net when he should be passing and passes when he should be shooting, it really is maddening.

Even with a healthy Haber we need at least one more striking option, but if Haber is never going to be fully fit this year then we probably need two more forward options in pronto.

Oh, and it sure would be nice to stop conceding comedy goals as well. Please and thank you.

5 hours ago, CanadianDee said:

As things stand Haber and AJLS are our best forward combo, but Haber keeps hurting himself. Possibly hurting himself during his numerous fashion shoots, but seriously every time this year that Haber gets a chance to get back in NMc's good books, and get a look in over the managers golden boy (Moussa) he does well then gets hurt.

I've made myself clear on how I feel about Moussa on these forums (drives me to drink), ElBak is very frustrating, but sometimes he is useful against tiring slower defenders, but he gives the ball away so easily and fires the ball at the net when he should be passing and passes when he should be shooting, it really is maddening.

Even with a healthy Haber we need at least one more striking option, but if Haber is never going to be fully fit this year then we probably need two more forward options in pronto.

Oh, and it sure would be nice to stop conceding comedy goals as well. Please and thank you.

Haber is absolute fucking garbage. It's a toss-up between him and Moussa for me, both utterly terrible football players. 

El Bahk is a clueless wee laddie that's out of his depth.

AJLS has shown signs, does a job IMO.

Wighton is rumoured to be nearly back in contention, make or break few months for him at Dundee I reckon.

Long story short, we're fucked up front and are crying out for a proven striker — need to get that sorted in the next 5 days or so...

Thank you.

18 minutes ago, LiamDFC said:

Haber is absolute fucking garbage. It's a toss-up between him and Moussa for me, both utterly terrible football players. 

El Bahk is a clueless wee laddie that's out of his depth.

AJLS has shown signs, does a job IMO.

Wighton is rumoured to be nearly back in contention, make or break few months for him at Dundee I reckon.

Long story short, we're fucked up front and are crying out for a proven striker — need to get that sorted in the next 5 days or so...

Thank you.

We'll have to agree to disagree if you think that Moussa is no worse than Haber because then we're clearly not on the same page. Haber can score with his head and his feet, he can hold the ball up and lay it off decently.  You may not like Haber, and I get it he doesn't seem that likeable with his ripped jean wearing fashion first lifestyle he seems to be quite the poser, and his often nonchalant appearing attitude on the pitch but he is at least a passable footballer at our level. Don't get me wrong - I hope NMc is searching far and wide for another striker or even two if Haber is out for an indefinite period.

I don't know what Moussa is, but it's certainly not a Scottish Premiership centre forward. He may tear up league 2, who knows? Having said that whomever pulls on the jersey on Saturday will get my full backing, and if the moose scores then hallelujah, but him and Haber are not equal in their badness, imo of course. 

Haber is a decent striker if playing long ball. He's dominant in the air. He's useless quite a lot when playing the football style McCann chooses to play though.

Agree with this entirely.

He's not what McCann wants from a striker, his movement and pressing is dreadful. Moussa, despite his short comings, is better for McCanns style of play than Haber.

Best team for me is still:

Parish (who's really impressed me)

Kerr
Meekings
Hendry
Jon

McGowan
Kamara

Ohara
Allan
AJLS
Moussa

Another striker in this window would be perfect.

Real business end of the season coming up for Dundee that could see us clear of safety and chasing top 6 or fighting with Patrick and County for he play off spots.

Hamilton - W
County - W
Patrick - W
Motherwell - D

That would see us on 32 points with County having played rangers and Aberdeen and Hearts potentially 12 points behind and then playing thistle.

Still feeling positive as I thought Dundee show enough last night against a good hibs side - if I'm being honest a draw was as much as you could have expected last night.

At home a draw and lose we should expect against which teams ?

We had good opportunities to score last night but we're shite bags. We take these chances and it's a totally different game. However we didn't and lost.

I expected us to win last night and only team I feel we will struggle against is Celtic but even hearts have shown how to do it.

Next games are huge. This top 6 shit is nonsense.

10 points out of next 12 would be impressive.

Let's hope we don't shit the bed .

Need to get behind the team on Saturday

I feel I'm fairly realistic when it comes to expectation. Hibs have lost one away game this season, Lennon clearly has them set up well away from home.

I think given that, 'expecting' a win is unrealistic. Believing you can win, and expecting to win, are two different propositions in my opinion.

Edited due to a wild autocorrect.

Hibernian lost 1 game away all season and we could of been number 2 yesterday if it wasn't for our shit finishing . We had clear chances that we made a c**t of.

Anyway 10 points in the next 4 games is something to look forward to and a win to start off against Hamilton .

Let's do it and get out this relegation battle :-)

Hibs also missed 2-3 glaring 1 v 1s, I actually think a draw would have been a fair result.

Anyway, agreed. 10/12 points over the next 4 games would be season defining. Hopefully get one over on Hamilton at the weekend to get it started.