All things Dundee FC

Seeing as the big teams are having a break just now and it’s a bit quite I thought I’d share this with the best bunch of fans on P&B.

Came across this ticket while sorting out my dad’s files.  His memory isn’t so good these days and he can’t remember anything about the match but written on the back of the ticket are what I assume are the names of Dundee players that night:  Hill, Scott, Gill, Gerrie,  Pottillo, Boyd, Cowie, Gallacher, Irvine, Gollan, Brown. 

Any price to watch Dundee is a bargain but reckon 1/6 is hard to beat.

CDBBE0B0-992F-49E6-AF64-F09C56658F35.thumb.jpeg.a38c27baf6e89f300ffb80f9e8243ca3.jpeg

Wow. That's a belter of a souvenir. Never mind the age, but can you imagine today the Dees v the Hibees at Glenesk Park. The officials clad in violet of course.

Hope he can remember some things. My old man was a ball boy at Dens at exactly the same time. I'll ask him next week when I see him if he remembers that game.

4 minutes ago, Chateau Lafite said:

That's what they did in those days apparently. During the match too. There's the score on the front cover and a wee underline at each goal scorer.
Nevertheless in great condition for a few bits of thin paper.

i've seen them with the half time scores filled in too.it takes a bit of value off it but i doubt you'd ever sell it anyway.

nice one.

i've seen them with the half time scores filled in too.it takes a bit of value off it but i doubt you'd ever sell it anyway.
nice one.

Im sure the value is compromised by the writing, but you are right, I wouldn't sell it. First of all the man that gave it to me I respected enormously, and Secondly i would like to do the same as him one day and give it to a young devoted Dundee supporter for him to do the same.
I've no idea of its monetary value, and if you are an Antiques Roadshow programme expert I'd nevertheless be curious to know its market value!
Cheers.

23 minutes ago, Chateau Lafite said:

I've no idea of its monetary value, and if you are an Antiques Roadshow programme expert I'd nevertheless be curious to know its market value!
Cheers.

i would guess about £30,they've got to be special to make good money.

Im sure the value is compromised by the writing, but you are right, I wouldn't sell it. First of all the man that gave it to me I respected enormously, and Secondly i would like to do the same as him one day and give it to a young devoted Dundee supporter for him to do the same.
Cheers.

Online market places are both a godsend and nightmare for programme collectors/sellers as they can offer programmes cheaper than the more traditional sellers with shops and overheads. I've seen that programme on Ebay with the bidding easily reaching £30-£40 but if you were to buy from a shop/fair they can quote anywhere between £50-£75 depending on condition.

download.jpgdownload-1.jpg
Unfortunately this programme doesn't belong to me - it's a programme of the Our Boys sports day (the local clubs back then held such events in the close season). Here Our Boys played Wanderers in the final of the football tournament. It dates from the 1880s. Our Boys obviously merged with East End to form Dundee and Wanderers became Johnstone Wanderers who merged with Strathmore to become Dundee Wanderers.

Seeing as the big teams are having a break just now and it’s a bit quite I thought I’d share this with the best bunch of fans on P&B.

Came across this ticket while sorting out my dad’s files.  His memory isn’t so good these days and he can’t remember anything about the match but written on the back of the ticket are what I assume are the names of Dundee players that night:  Hill, Scott, Gill, Gerrie,  Pottillo, Boyd, Cowie, Gallacher, Irvine, Gollan, Brown. 

Any price to watch Dundee is a bargain but reckon 1/6 is hard to beat.

CDBBE0B0-992F-49E6-AF64-F09C56658F35.thumb.jpeg.a38c27baf6e89f300ffb80f9e8243ca3.jpeg

My subscription to the British Newspaper Archive has expired but from my limited access I can see that Dundee manager George Anderson entertained three Frenchmen at his home near Aberdeen where they had tea and stayed the night. He then drove them down to the game. No idea who these guys were!

11 hours ago, Fifespud said:

Some more from the collection and I’d completely forgotten about this ‘other’ Fanzine -

96dda2c346df264470deb7327118bb81.jpg

And I’ve blanked out this ‘legal eagles’ name - who knows him, which club did we sign him from, which other player came in the same deal and who did we sell to fund the whole thing?

6e0338aa15167579aa8430271dfc244d.jpg

I remember being at that game, mental how just seeing the front of the programme brings back memories 

9 hours ago, Chateau Lafite said:

That's what they did in those days apparently. During the match too. There's the score on the front cover and a wee underline at each goal scorer.
Nevertheless in great condition for a few bits of thin paper.

Yeh I think you're right there Chateau.  I never mentioned this on my post but 3-2 Hibs is written on the back of the ticket.  Some things never change :lol:

Some very nice memorabilia in this thread. I’m sure you will all agree though, that none of them come close to this fine piece.

89caee6375a3c8fbe01d0f81274e87b2.jpg

No, you’re not imagining things. Not only is that a bottle of Dundee F.C. wine (which I’m sure will go up in value with age) it is a bottle of DFC wine signed by the legendary Barry Smith.

Shall we start the bidding at £3,000?

Thank you.