All things Dundee FC

Good win before the winter break - shame that we  lost at Thistle or it would have been an 8 point gap on both bottom teams.

As it is the games after the Scottish Cup match (vs ICT - 20 Jan)  could make or break our season.  Includes 4 games in a short spell:

24 January - HOME vs Hibs

27 January - AWAY vs Accies

31 January - AWAY vs Killie

3 February - HOME vs County

17 February - AWAY vs Thistle

24 February - HOME vs Motherwell

Spanish Jon needs a contract extension ASAP. The likes of Hendry and Kamara always seem to get talked about (by myself today aswell) but I thought he was excellent today and was pivotal in bombing down the wings and creating chances.

Parish was excellent today too and it was great seeing how much he enjoyed it at the end. The same goes for A-J who I think launched himself into the crowd :lol:

Great to see the new guys enjoying themselves and connecting with the fans.

2 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Good win before the winter break - shame that we  lost at Thistle or it would have been an 8 point gap on both bottom teams.

As it is the games after the Scottish Cup match (vs ICT - 20 Jan)  could make or break our season.  Includes 4 games in a short spell:

24 January - HOME vs Hibs

27 January - AWAY vs Accies

31 January - AWAY vs Killie

3 February - HOME vs County

17 February - AWAY vs Thistle

24 February - HOME vs Motherwell

f**k all to fear here.

Still not convinced AJ is the answer, a goal against a team playing 70 mins with 10 men when pushing for an equaliser ism't so special however good the final strike. A game like that should have been wrapped up a lot earlier. As above would happily give Jon a contract extension. How was Julen? Glad O'Dea missed out and still think he should be bottom of our choice of defenders. Didn't sound like Waddell had a great game but would still like to see him getting more game time. 

Still just 2 points above the play off spot so a good striker in the window absolutely a must

18 minutes ago, DieDee said:

Still not convinced AJ is the answer, a goal against a team playing 70 mins with 10 men when pushing for an equaliser ism't so special however good the final strike. A game like that should have been wrapped up a lot earlier. As above would happily give Jon a contract extension. How was Julen? Glad O'Dea missed out and still think he should be bottom of our choice of defenders. Didn't sound like Waddell had a great game but would still like to see him getting more game time. 

Still just 2 points above the play off spot so a good striker in the window absolutely a must

Julen done away fine. Won his headers, comfortable playing out from the back and no bombscare moments. 

Good management by McCann imo substituting Waddell when he did. Waddell started to dive into things after being booked and was 1 mistimed tackle away from a 2nd. He had a decent game though. 

BBC Radio Scotland saying Bain is likely to move to Hibernian on a loan deal.   I'd rather Dundee for once played hard ball and told Hibs and Bain the only way he will be moving in January is if a transfer fee is agreed.  Otherwise, keep him in the stand at Dens.  

The board need to show players they can't simply cause bother and manipulate the transfer they want.

Also, does Parish's composure with the ball at his feet not just highlight how bad Bain was in similar situations?  

2 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

Julen done away fine. Won his headers, comfortable playing out from the back and no bombscare moments. 

Good management by McCann imo substituting Waddell when he did. Waddell started to dive into things after being booked and was 1 mistimed tackle away from a 2nd. He had a decent game though. 

Spot on Yenitit.  Looks like McCann has learned from O'Dea's sending off at Dens a few weeks ago.

Talking of O'Dea, surely it's fairly unusual for the captain of a club not to even make the bench (I'm assuming O'Dea is not injured).  I wonder if McCann realised he would struggle to live with O'Hallaron's pace?

19 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

I'd rather Dundee for once played hard ball and told Hibs and Bain the only way he will be moving in January is if a transfer fee is agreed.

I'd take 20 quid for him, and we'll call it quits.

26 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

BBC Radio Scotland saying Bain is likely to move to Hibernian on a loan deal.   I'd rather Dundee for once played hard ball and told Hibs and Bain the only way he will be moving in January is if a transfer fee is agreed.  Otherwise, keep him in the stand at Dens.  

The board need to show players they can't simply cause bother and manipulate the transfer they want.

Also, does Parish's composure with the ball at his feet not just highlight how bad Bain was in similar situations?  

The ironic thing is Bain gives off  the impression he’s 1 of these keepers that think they can play in an outfield position. 

Would tend to agree but in this case I just want him the f**k out of our club.

The ironic thing is Bain gives off  the impression he’s 1 of these keepers that think they can play in an outfield position. 

He was regularly described as one of our best players with the ball at his feet.

He's more Rab than Speroni in that regard.

Lads, mind that feeling you got when Tom Hateley was released?

Mind that feeling you got when Danny Williams was released?

Lads, remember those feelings?

Well, a Falkirk fan in the Falkirk thread just said the rumour is that they are getting in aboot James Vincent.

Fucking. Yasssssss.

I’ve had a look at our results. We’ve picked up 14 points since the end of Nov. 10 points in Dec and we still lost to Aberdeen, Hearts and Celtic. It took the entire season before that to get 8 points. The interesting thing about that the 14 points we’ve gained coincide perfectly with Bain being dropped. We’ve had 4 clean sheets since Parish has come in as well.

Celtic offering 500k for Hendry is a piss take as well. Its time we stopped allowing Scottish football clubs to be taken advantage of and having their talent hoovered up for pennies. The money going about in England for bang average players is sickening, so we should be playing hardball here. I actually hope we tell celtic to f**k off and see if we get a serious offer from down south. Hopefully we can hang on to him until the summer though.

It is absolutely imperative we tell them to bolt with that offer. It might be the most we get but we can't just be accepting the first offer otherwise we will never make decent amounts on players.