All things Dundee FC

26 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

he’s out of contract at the end of the season so he’s pretty much gone regardless.

I hope he rocks up at another Scottish club and they have to endure his bad attitude and his consistently weak performances. He's still busy dining out on his performances from almost 3 seasons ago, I don't know how the hype has lasted so long.

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

I hope he rocks up at another Scottish club and they have to endure his bad attitude and his consistently weak performances. He's still busy dining out on his performances from almost 3 seasons ago, I don't know how the hype has lasted so long.

Agree.  Been going to Dens for almost 40 years and definitely most hyped keeper of all time.  

I’m genuinely curious who’d actually take him tbh. I doubt there are many sides in the Premiership who would swap their present keeper for Bain.

1 hour ago, Yenitit said:

Dinders I know you're working but keeping an eye on here so just a wee update it finished 3 nil to Hibs. Keep your chin up and enjoy your shift. Clarke must go. 

I actually was working there and missed the third goal, raging.

Still above Dundoon in the league though, which is pleasing.

On 31/10/2017 at 22:58, G_Man1985 said:

At one point people thought he would be at a top team. Could of been correct , however he is a c**t and we should of tried to get rid of him.
I want my players in my team to give a shit. He dosnt and hasn't done for a long time.
He is a c**t

Harsh but true. 

Thank you.

At one point people thought he would be at a top team. Could of been correct , however he is a c**t and we should of tried to get rid of him.
I want my players in my team to give a shit. He dosnt and hasn't done for a long time.
He is a c**t

All it needed was a 'thank you' and that post was perfection.

I see McCann was asked about Bain being on the bench for the Dundee Dev side against Thistle the other night.

First-choice goalie Scott Bain made a surprise appearance on the bench for the Under-20s against Partick Thistle on Tuesday evening.

McCann explained he was just there as back-up to the other keepers at the club.

He added: “Yes, I sent Scott down there last night. “Young Cal (Ferrie) played, Kyle (Gourlay) is out at Airdrie on loan so he can’t play development games and Elliott (Parrish) has been involved so I sent Scott down to sit on the bench just in case.

“He was just there with a watching brief.”

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/dundee-fc/537131/dundee-boss-neil-mccann-will-sticking-game-plan-wants-side-cut-cheap-goals/

Fair enough Gourlay's on emergency loan so can't play Dev league games but he sent his first choice 'keeper to sit on the bench with the 20s rather than a back-up goalie who literally hasn't played a minute of league football for the first team? Really?

Bain's sent to Airdrie to sit on the bench with "a watching brief".  Sounds pretty euphemistic.

I see McCann was asked about Bain being on the bench for the Dundee Dev side against Thistle the other night.

First-choice goalie Scott Bain made a surprise appearance on the bench for the Under-20s against Partick Thistle on Tuesday evening. McCann explained he was just there as back-up to the other keepers at the club.

He added: “Yes, I sent Scott down there last night. “Young Cal (Ferrie) played, Kyle (Gourlay) is out at Airdrie on loan so he can’t play development games and Elliott (Parrish) has been involved so I sent Scott down to sit on the bench just in case.

“He was just there with a watching brief.”

What does he mean by "Parish has been involved"? Involved in what?

What does he mean by "Parish has been involved"? Involved in what?

In the U20s. To an outsider it's like McCann is reminding Bain that's he's just another keeper at Dundee, and will be treated the same as the others.

In the U20s. To an outsider it's like McCann is reminding Bain that's he's just another keeper at Dundee, and will be treated the same as the others.

ahh okay. I thought he meant in the first team. Looks that way, something has definitely gone on it seems, but at least McCann isn't taking any of his shite.

He's a Hearts fan I believe so if that were to happen I could only imagine how not arsed he would be

I always got the impression that footballers don’t really support teams in the same way we do. We’ll find out on Saturday how arsed he is though. Hopefully he hates the Hibees and he brings us a clean sheet.

On 31/10/2017 at 22:58, G_Man1985 said:

He is a c**t

Dinnae hud back now :lol:

He was definitely a Dundee fan. Whether or not he'd still call himself one I have no idea, but he's just doing his job at the end of the day.

Meh, I couldn't really care less that he celebrated in front of us. It made it 100 times more hilarious that he ended up in tears at the end.

Edited by Louis Litt

He was definitely a Dundee fan. Whether or not he'd still call himself one I have no idea, but he's just doing his job at the end of the day.
Meh, I couldn't really care less that he celebrated in front of us. It made it 100 times more hilarious that he ended up in tears at the end.

It didn't bother them I hear . They weren't relegated that night. They were relegated over the course of the season [emoji23]