All things Dundee FC

1 hour ago, G_Man1985 said:

Kerr I didn't say that. Yer reading skills clearly aren't so good. Bain and McGowan and strikers you are correct. However for your enjoyment.

1. Parish - a clean sheet could be good.
2. Kerr ' my favourite player ( please read )
3. Holt - is doing well.
4. Meekings - can't be any worse
5. Waddell - keep him playing
6. Kamara - best player we have
7. Deacon - cross a good ball
8. Allan - got to come good at some point
9. Youngster
10 Leitch-Smith - looks promising
11 youngster .

Upfront is pretty poor .

Hopefully that will help with your curiosity Ross.

No Hendry?

Kerr I didn't say that. Yer reading skills clearly aren't so good. Bain and McGowan and strikers you are correct. However for your enjoyment.

1. Parish - a clean sheet could be good.

2. Kerr ' my favourite player ( please read )

3. Holt - is doing well.

4. Meekings - can't be any worse

5. Waddell - keep him playing

6. Kamara - best player we have

7. Deacon - cross a good ball

8. Allan - got to come good at some point

9. Youngster

10 Leitch-Smith - looks promising

11 youngster .

Upfront is pretty poor .

Hopefully that will help with your curiosity Ross.

Hendry is a must imo. Not a bad team I must admit but still think Bain needs to be in there - although he does switch off at times he can pull us out of the shite when needed.

Would also have Haber in there when fit to play alongside AJLS, and McGowan instead of the youngster you would have in midfield.

Think with a fully fit squad our best 11 would be this.

Bain

Meekings

Hendry

Waddell

Kerr

Holt

Kamara

McGowan

Allan

Deacon

Haber.

Hendry is a must imo. Not a bad team I must admit but still think Bain needs to be in there - although he does switch off at times he can pull us out of the shite when needed.

Would also have Haber in there when fit to play alongside AJLS, and McGowan instead of the youngster you would have in midfield.

Think with a fully fit squad our best 11 would be this.

Bain

Meekings
Hendry
Waddell

Kerr
Holt

Kamara
McGowan
Allan

Deacon
AJLS

Haber.

I would agree with that, but without AJLS, just so we're playing within the rules [emoji12]

So apart from keeper and 2 youngsters I'd pick we have chosen pretty much same team.
Scotland call up and clean sheet coming up for Bain..

Yep, and tbh I wouldn't be against giving the 2 youngsters (Henvey and Lambert) game time - I probably wouldn't start them or have them in there together but would be good to see how far away they are from making the step up.

16 hours ago, RossDee01 said:

For what game?emoji23.png

Well deserved though and so he should. If it wasn't for him I reckon we'd be a lot closer to the bottom of the league.

16 hours ago, harry94 said:

Scotland don't even have any fixtures?!

I didn't stop to read it - it was just on the board on the side of the guys bucky but I did wonder how that was going to work (& who had decided it, given we still don't know if Strachan will be in charge)

Eta, seems like it's a bit of a non story coz the only story I could find online is one with Parish saying Bain should get a call up...

https://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/fp/scott-bain-must-closing-scotland-recall-says-dundee-back-keeper-elliott-parish/

Edited by locheedee

On 10/11/2017 at 12:37, G_Man1985 said:

Boyle is head of youth, youth has been really good as of late. A big loss if he goes

We've been playing five over-age players in recent games, which accounts for us doing better this season. No wish to slag him, but not sure it's all down to Boyle.

Don't recall saying they hadn't progressed. Where did that come from?  I enjoy watching the Dev team and it's great that they're not losing every week. I considered going to Cappielow the other night and attend virtually every game at Montrose.

Not sure which Kerr you're referring to, but whether it's Cammy or Waddell both were here before Jimmy Boyle arrived. We've brought in three players from English clubs and are fielding five over-age players in our development team these days.  Our youth team without the older guys lost to Raith, who are two leagues below us, in the cup.

Hope the b*****d who did it rots in jail.

Depends on the incident, more and more you hear of incidents where two boys drunk get in a scrap and one punch can lead to that sort of result. Scary.

Hope John Black is well on his way to recovering. Not nice to see at all

Played football with John Black only 3 weeks ago; in a pishy Sunday league friendly albeit but you could tell he was pretty much head and shoulders above everyone else. Pure shite state of affairs that something like this is happening to the lad, and his family. Hope he recovers as best as he can.

I can't give any insight into what JB brings to the youths. I only see the players on match days. If you take away the overage players it's difficult to say who's progressed. Some are a year older so will be more used to the rigours of the league. We have two excellent keepers in Gourlay and Ferrie and striker Matty Henvey who is gaining valuable experience. What I will say is that, in my opinion, the two most promising players are two who we've recently brought in, ie Lambert and Piggott.  

I can't give any insight into what JB brings to the youths. I only see the players on match days. If you take away the overage players it's difficult to say who's progressed. Some are a year older so will be more used to the rigours of the league. We have two excellent keepers in Gourlay and Ferrie and striker Matty Henvey who is gaining valuable experience. What I will say is that, in my opinion, the two most promising players are two who we've recently brought in, ie Lambert and Piggott.  

Cheers DS. If you know off the top of your head can you recall where Lambert and Piggott came from?

Also nothing wrong with bringing youngsters in, look at the dosh Stephen Thompson has made from the dayglos raping Queens Park.

Cheers DS. If you know off the top of your head can you recall where Lambert and Piggott came from?

Also nothing wrong with bringing youngsters in, look at the dosh Stephen Thompson has made from the dayglos raping Queens Park.

Lambert was at Middlesbrough but rejected a new contract. Piggott from West Brom (don't know if released or not).