All things Dundee FC

3 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

You think the likes of Calum McDonald, Derek Soutar, Lee Mair and Stephen McNally were on more? The only thing cringeworthy is you sticking up for the money grabbing welt.

The media at the time got it spot on in their analysis.

Jesus, you need to take a step back.   I think if you substituted 'Dundee FC' for any other business name in this scenario then you'd see that he made a decision that most of us would have.  Unless of course you feel he should have been unconditionally loyal to Dundee FC and fans like yourself.  

Jesus, you need to take a step back.   I think if you substituted 'Dundee FC' for any other business name in this scenario then you'd see that he made a decision that most of us would have.  Unless of course you feel he should have been unconditionally loyal to Dundee FC and fans like yourself.  

No - I don't. I think you should step back into the darkness Muggy because a vast majority of the other people at the club at the time didn't make the same decision.

And as I stated in my original post, that wasn't my main problem with him anyways, it was that the interview (Not necessarily the interview itself - but his replies to the questions) was basically a ploy to try and get Dundee fans on side so people actually turn up.

If you want to spend £15 on a testimonial then off you pop.

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

No - I don't. I think you should step back into the darkness Muggy because a vast majority of the other people at the club at the time didn't make the same decision.

And as I stated in my original post, that wasn't my main problem with him anyways, it was that the interview (Not necessarily the interview itself - but his replies to the questions) was basically a ploy to try and get Dundee fans on side so people actually turn up.

If you want to spend £15 on a testimonial then off you pop.

The darkness? :lol: Not posting on here = darkness? 

Who cares what decision they made, Dave MacKay decided to change his employers, presumably for more money - what's so wrong with that? Would you never change employment for more money?

I wont be attending - doesn't interest me in the slightest.  

9 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

I reckon since Julen's been working to get fit, he's maybe been more impressed with what he's seen from him.

I noticed in one of his blurbs about Spanish Jon, he mentioned how well the two of them worked together & how impressed he was with Julen's skills...

Maybe its been a language thing but I think its more he's too 'continental' to play as a CH in Scotland myself - he kind of reminds me of Biton but without as much skill

Just now, locheedee said:

I noticed in one of his blurbs about Spanish Jon, he mentioned how well the two of them worked together & how impressed he was with Julen's skills...

Maybe its been a language thing but I think its more he's too 'continental' to play as a CH in Scotland myself - he kind of reminds me of Biton but without as much skill

I liked Julen when we first signed him tbf. He's got a touch of class about him and it always helps when a player comes across as a thoroughly nice guy. He's like a Spanish version of Neil McGregor though, he's more than a bit of a bombscare at times. He's probably the weakest in the air and tackle out of all our CH's and that's a poor combination in a rough and tumble league.

I don’t know if it counts for much, but I would have played for Dundee for free. I still would tbh.

Dave Mackays not a Dundee fan though. Would you play for Motherwell for free?

9 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I liked Julen when we first signed him tbf. He's got a touch of class about him and it always helps when a player comes across as a thoroughly nice guy. He's like a Spanish version of Neil McGregor though, he's more than a bit of a bombscare at times. He's probably the weakest in the air and tackle out of all our CH's and that's a poor combination in a rough and tumble league.

Yeah, I think he might've had an easy ride til he got sussed as been a shitebag tbh

+

The touch of class and the bombscare - that's the 'continental' bit I was meaning - he always seems to need that bit too long on the ball but then panicked when he was under pressure.

I don't remember him always being as shite in the air or at tackling at first either - he maybe was and he just looked better against what we had at the time but I wonder if he's just getting out muscled/intimidated these days?

Eta. Either way I don't want to see him at CH for us anytime soon - McCann can experiment with him as a Kamara style sitting mid if he likes (in reserve games) but he gies me the fear in defence

Edited by locheedee

With McCann looking like he's going with a back 3 now and playing out from the back I reckon he would fit in quite well alongside Hendry, Waddell or Meekings.

4 hours ago, Pinko said:

With McCann looking like he's going with a back 3 now and playing out from the back I reckon he would fit in quite well alongside Hendry, Waddell or Meekings.

Yeah if he gets the time to play maybe but I can't remember if he was part of Hartley's back 3 revolution or if he was still out (I just remember Holt being pretty decent)