All things Dundee FC

2 hours ago, scottdeeuk said:

I'm not someone who pretend to be ITK but somebody I know who genuinely is ITK has told me Aucho wasn't up to standard and wouldn't be back at dens.

It will be interesting to see if that is the case now we have managed to offload Hateley.

Ahh right.

I suppose that we've still had a lot more in than out overall and when you think of financial resources going to the likes of Low, Julen and Loy (I know he's gone but I'd expect he negotiated a payout for the difference in money at St Mirren for a year) and then the Hartley and McCabe payout in addition to the current management team. We'll also still be paying Hateley as well so although it's good he's freed up a good wage, a decent percentage of it will likely still be on the books until the end of the season. Pretty lucky we've had great financial backing at board room level and hope that they see us erase that deficit with a big upset over Celtic in a couple of weeks.

30 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Who is Aucho?

24 year old Ugandan midfielder who got released from Red Star Belgrade in the summer. Was at Aberdeen last season but a move there broke down over paperwork.

Think he was here for about a week and played in a couple of bounce games. McCann publicly praised him when he was done and said he'd keep him in mind (he could sign after the window shut) after he went back on international duty but the above post suggests that he isn't coming back.

24 year old Ugandan midfielder who got released from Red Star Belgrade in the summer. Was at Aberdeen last season but a move there broke down over paperwork.
Think he was here for about a week and played in a couple of bounce games. McCann publicly praised him when he was done and said he'd keep him in mind (he could sign after the window shut) after he went back on international duty but the above post suggests that he isn't coming back.

Cheers.

Christ as bad as the squad was after bringing in 10 players that should be more than enough.

FFS, this really does my tits in. I really don't think this witch-hunt of Holt is fair.

He's been a solid player for us and absolutely not the worst among the team IMO. Not saying he's earth-shattering or anything, just don't understand why he gets such a hard time while c***s like O'Dea gets away with murder. Most players in Scotland of any quality are right-footed and run down the right-flank, not the left, and LB's are very hard to come by at this level. What do you actually want, Matt Lockwood? Jonay Hernandez?

Every team struggles in this position... he's one of the players that's got better every season. We've got bigger fish to fry.

Thank you.

30 minutes ago, LiamDFC said:

FFS, this really does my tits in. I really don't think this witch-hunt of Holt is fair.

He's been a solid player for us and absolutely not the worst among the team IMO. Not saying he's earth-shattering or anything, just don't understand why he gets such a hard time while c***s like O'Dea gets away with murder. Most players in Scotland of any quality are right-footed and run down the right-flank, not the left, and LB's are very hard to come by at this level. What do you actually want, Matt Lockwood? Jonay Hernandez?

Every team struggles in this position... he's one of the players that's got better every season. We've got bigger fish to fry.

Thank you.

I didn't read what you posted but you got a greenie just for your hilarious sig.

Thank you for the laughs, Liam.

Thank you.

10 hours ago, locheedfcno1 said:

Ross do you know if you can get in to watch??

9 hours ago, RossDee01 said:

I don't think you can mate. You can stand at the fence but i think that's about as close as you can get. Could well be wrong though.

59a6ff3a70a3b_phone494.thumb.jpg.c6caba457448716b84ce27fa02e383be.jpg.2f5b9ffbd567ee44c50be073063890db.jpg

Edited by jagfox99

20 hours ago, Fifespud said:

Certainly are in our household. Almost as rowdy as your leaving party....Ha ha - haven't heard Gene Simmons belting out 'I was made for loving you baby' at 2 gazillion decibels for about 30 years.

Funny how the PnB DB's I know personally all seem to be emigrating....

We kept the tunes 'old people friendly' to keep the party going longer...

9 hours ago, harry94 said:

Give Wolters a bit longer. Think he'll come good and be a favourite once he gets the chance to cause injury to someone.

^ this - just thought he needed game time myself but Harry might be right and he's needing to snap some wee fud (no complaints with that really!)

Edited by locheedee

7 hours ago, LiamDFC said:

Thank you.

& this too ^

Kevin Holt is the best LB we've had in years, in my lifetime all we've had is
•eddie Malone
•pensioner Matt Lockwood
•a young Craig Forsyth
• RB's Eric Paton and Gary Irvine as makeshift lb's
•willie dyer

The only LB we've had even close to good enough in recent years was Brian Easton that says a lot imo

6 minutes ago, D TOTAL said:

Kevin Holt is the best LB we've had in years, in my lifetime all we've had is
•eddie Malone
•pensioner Matt Lockwood
•a young Craig Forsyth
• RB's Eric Paton and Gary Irvine as makeshift lb's
•willie dyer

The only LB we've had even close to good enough in recent years was Brian Easton that says a lot imo

I never watched Eddie Malone but every single player you've listed there did us a decent job IMO. At the start of Hartley's reign there was a period when Dyer was our most consistent player.

I'd have Easton and Forsyth ahead of Holt, and I like Holt.

I'd have Easton, Forsyth, Lockwood, Marrocco and Beghetto ahead of Holt as far as 2000 onwards is concerned. I'd say Irvine put in some top class performances at LB as well. I really like Holt but he's not a patch on some of our previous LB's where we've had a tendency to be quite strong.

3 hours ago, Louis Litt said:

I never watched Eddie Malone but every single player you've listed there did us a decent job IMO. At the start of Hartley's reign there was a period when Dyer was our most consistent player.

I'd have Easton and Forsyth ahead of Holt, and I like Holt.

Eddie was what he was, but he was a great player for us when he came in - not a patch on Holt or Forsyths ball skills but an important player for us at the time all the same

34 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

None of them could lace Tosh McKinlay's boots however. Phenomenal player, especially when overlapping and he could really whip the crosses in.
Plus he could do this - (5 secs in)

I really done get the Holt hate either.

I'm with you on this one mate,can't question his commitment always gives 100% never hides,haters gonna hate i suppose.