All things Dundee FC

13 minutes ago, Pinko said:

53f60b85101bdd9a5f1738720873a430.jpg

Would have personally preferred McGowan and El Bahk instead of Randy and Moussa.

3 points and a clean sheet would be ideal emoji1305.png

That team will do me like - depends  who's supporting Moussa but I'm hoping Randys deliveries should make a difference!

Oh dear.

That was absolutely fucking horrible. Felt exactly the same as last season; toothless, soft and lacking any plan, sadly.

Only one of the new boys that gets a pass-mark from me is Hendry, looked solid when he came on, very vocal and wasn't afraid to get forward. Cammy, Holt and O'Dea had very average games, while Kamara was entirely non existant. Looked tidy when he was on the ball, but showed no initiative or interest in getting on the ball and/or moving us up the park. Too content to play a backwards pass then disappear back into the crowd. His MOTM award was undeserved.

McGowan changed the game when he came on; his desire and ability to pass and move seemed to lift those around him. Too little, too late, though. Deacon was average, few nice touches but ultimately ineffectual. Same goes for Woulters. I liked a few of his clattering challenges but they were few and far between. Moussa was good up top — we looked toothless after he went off injured. Hope it's not as bad as his reaction looked (didn't see the challenge/fall, neither did anyone around me in The Derry). El Bahk again looked lively but too soft to have any impact on his own. I like him and want him to do well, but I think he needs to play alongside Moussa (I know that wasn't possible given the injury).

Now for the killer blow. O'Hara is not good good enough to be a Dundee player. I was critical of him last season but I can't see McCann keeping him in the squad after that dismal performance. Total fucking shite. For a big guy he's a total pap.

Shocking away support from County, as always. First game of the season and they can barely muster 200 fans (guess). Pathetic, but at least they go away with a win.

Credit to County for kicking and scraping away, wish we could play like that tbh. Took no prisoners and knew when to waste time and commit professional fouls. They looked streetwise, while we looked naive, particularly in midfield. Bullied and beaten in the middle again, same as last year.

Anyway, onwards and upwards. Need to put this one behind us and thrash the minks next door.

Thank you.

Edited by LiamDFC

Pretty much summed it up for me Liam. Only thing I'd add is that there was zero movement in the team today. It's alright passing it about your backline when looking for space, but no-one was actively trying to create space. Deacon was particularly bad for it - he'd just stand in a crowd of players, refuse to help Cammy when attacking and generally not look for the ball. Complete polar opposite from his showing in the Derby.

O'Hara for me had his worst showing in a Dundee shirt. Rarely found a man, rarely made a challenge, he'd have been as well not playing.

I've been massively critical of Moussa but he looked alright today. Starved of service, but done what he could when he got the ball. I hope there was a good reason for Haber not making the bench today as our offense went out the window when we had to go alone with El Bahk again.

Jack Hendry impressed me today, which is a small plus. Strong in the air, slightly classier than Waddell with the ball at his feet and confident, willing to drive at County.

Kamara as usual, very effective on the ball but whilst I understand it's not his game, moving the ball forward now and then would be pleasing to see.

County came with a game plan, executed it and didn't really give us a sniff.

Potentially down to one fit CH for the Derby and one striker in El Bahk if the Haber situation doesn't get sorted. Not many positives to take from today.

Just thinking about the last 2 games in particular it seems to me there are 2 problems that haven't been addressed - 1) a lack of another experienced, decent centre half and more importantly 2) a lack of pace in the team. That to me is quite worrying. Owing to a lack of strikers it looks like we will go with 1 up top in a lot of games, with 5 in midfield (we are struggling to go 5 at the back owing to a lack of fit CH's). I'd be tempted to move Deacon over to the left wing. He's reasonably 2 footed but I think this would encourage him to cut inside and get closer to Moussa. It also leaves space on the right wing for one of the few players we have with genuine pace, Kerr, to exploit. I also think we should play Allan out wider, if Deacon is on the left then SA on the right. He's too easily double manned in the middle. Finally we need to look at the Hartley legacy players and see what we can salvage. Vincent I think would be an asset in a middle 3 of Gowser/Kamara/Vincent and despite my slagging of him Haber needs to come back in to the equation.

32 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Just thinking about the last 2 games in particular it seems to me there are 2 problems that haven't been addressed - 1) a lack of another experienced, decent centre half and more importantly 2) a lack of pace in the team. That to me is quite worrying. Owing to a lack of strikers it looks like we will go with 1 up top in a lot of games, with 5 in midfield (we are struggling to go 5 at the back owing to a lack of fit CH's). I'd be tempted to move Deacon over to the left wing. He's reasonably 2 footed but I think this would encourage him to cut inside and get closer to Moussa. It also leaves space on the right wing for one of the few players we have with genuine pace, Kerr, to exploit. I also think we should play Allan out wider, if Deacon is on the left then SA on the right. He's too easily double manned in the middle. Finally we need to look at the Hartley legacy players and see what we can salvage. Vincent I think would be an asset in a middle 3 of Gowser/Kamara/Vincent and despite my slagging of him Haber needs to come back in to the equation.

I actually thought the same. That team was crying out for a Vincent-type player instead of Kamara, IMO. Only one game in, so will give him the benefit of the doubt but I was shocked he got MOTM.

Also, we need to drop O'Hara and start with Gowser. Kamara would maybe do better alongside a busy player like Paul but he'd have to get much more involved if he's going to win me over.

Thank you.