All things Dundee FC

I was always happy with McCann but after he initially turned us down I would have been happy with Ross. Much prefer McCann with a decent budget rather than blowing a chunk of it on compensation to St Mirren.

5 minutes ago, McG said:

McCann appointed after Jack Ross tells Dundee to piss off.

What a minter of a club.

Nelms has said that he had talks with a number of candidates, could it be that Ross actually had an interview after secretly applying for the gig, but failed the interview? Dundee had to get in touch with St Mirren to interview him to keep it above board.

Just sayin like.

Just now, Elixir said:

Your number one target patching you for St Mirren in the pub league and now this U-turn.

Dundee. warnock.png

When did McCann patch us for St Mirren?

The manager market isn't the busiest but it can be lively at times and very fluid based on tips/insider info. It's also cracking for backing and laying if you get any tips. As an example, you could have laid off Jack Ross being Dundee manager on Betfair at any point in the last two days and then backed him tonight on SkyBet when he's drifted so much and you'd have made a killing regardless of the outcome.
I got one in work a couple of years ago when Mark McGhee went back to Motherwell (didn't realise at the time the guy's boy was a Motherwell player) and had a look on McBookie to stick maybe a tenner on it, saw he was 16/1 and thought there was no chance so left it alone. 20 mins later he'd dropped to 1/10, and within an hour he was appointed and I was raging about it.

My biggest win on manager sacking was Sturrock at Southampton - £500 at 3/1 - he was sacked the next day.

8 minutes ago, Elixir said:

Your number one target patching you for St Mirren in the pub league and now this U-turn.

Dundee. warnock.png

You've got Ian fucking Cathro. :lol:

‪- Pretend McCann isn't coming‬
‪- Bluff St Mirren into giving Jack Ross bigger budget‬
‪- St Mirren Win League‬
‪- Filth stay doon‬

IMG_1496345238.322009.jpg.9735482bd30cc1b34892c1a8785ecd59.jpg

We've all been following this thread closely and I think we all know what's happened here. We have publicly started pursuing Jack Ross to affect the managerial betting market. Then when McCanns odds got to a certain level Nelms has banged all his money on Neil, which now successfully gives him the transfer budget he requires to bring in players he wants and lead us to glory. Hence, the odds dropping to 1/20 a short while ago. Well done, John. We love you.

7 minutes ago, eindhovendee said:

You've got Ian fucking Cathro. :lol:

Yeah, muthafucka looks like he's a scared teenager on some sort of work experience program.

Way out of his depth. 

Should guarantee Hearts 10th next season mind. 

29 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Nelms has said that he had talks with a number of candidates, could it be that Ross actually had an interview after secretly applying for the gig, but failed the interview? Dundee had to get in touch with St Mirren to interview him to keep it above board.

Just sayin like.

I'd say no