All things Dundee FC

You know, when I look into the Championship forum and see the St Mirren and Falkirk fans frantically licking the windows, it's almost, almost enough to make me feel slightly sorry for United fans.

But then I remember they're dayglo b*****ds, so f**k 'em.

Just now, tree house tam said:

Is that cause we're always in Europe?

I believes it because we're an established top four side who have won a major trophy under his stewardship, yes.

Yup, I can't see him leaving St Mirren for Dundee, its just Mallan all over again.
The fact Dundee fans are all getting so excited about him being the bookies favourite, despite the fact hes only the bookies favourite because all the Dundee fans are building the story up to the point where everyones betting on him, is just what happens to them constantly. It'll be Pressley or a total "unknown"

I'm hardly a Dundee lover but you're genuinely just trying to wind them up here. There's a big difference between Mallan and Ross.

And as for the St Mirren fan saying Ross will end up getting the Aberdeen job or whatever... based on what??? He's had a decent short career in management but nothing that good.

Dundee would be a perfect step up for him to see what he can do with a Premiership club with a decent budget.

Just now, 1320Lichtie said:

There's a big difference between Mallan and Ross.

How? They spent an entire week pumping out the rumour they were signing him, St Mirren made a statement saying they'd rejected Dundees offer, Dundee fans continued with the rumours that they'd agreed a deal. Now we've got Dundee fans pumping out rumours they're getting Ross, St Mirren have made a statement saying they've rejected Dundees approach, and we'll no doubt still get stories about him joining them.

How? They spent an entire week pumping out the rumour they were signing him, St Mirren made a statement saying they'd rejected Dundees offer, Dundee fans continued with the rumours that they'd agreed a deal. Now we've got Dundee fans pumping out rumours they're getting Ross, St Mirren have made a statement saying they've rejected Dundees approach, and we'll no doubt still get stories about him joining them.

Dundee fans haven't 'pumped out any rumours'.

There was a report we were after him, St Mirren fans went into meltdown, we laughed whilst they tried to scramble for relevance. That's about the long and short of it.

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Whys Jack Ross a Dundee fan out of interest? Is he from Dundee?

I asked someone this yesterday and they sent me a link to a article which I can't find now......but basically he was brought up in Falkirk and his neighbor was a Dundee fan and took him to most games and loved it. He also signed for us as a youth. Derry'd oot his nut.

True.
Also reasonable to ask
How much utter dross has been left under contract by the previous permanent manager?
I recall from a radio interview that Ross had basically moved 10 out and 10 in at St Mirren and wouldn't be surprised if anyone coming in here would want to do the same.
Would that be feasible?

The only problem with that amount of changes are...

1) it will probably take till around November time for the newbies to start to settle & gel.

2) results and the product on the pitch won't be great for the first half of the season at best.

3) be prepared to flirt with relegation till the results start to come.

4) mostly the fans need to be patient and give the new manager & players space i.e stay off their backs if things are ropey to start with.

Trust me, being a Killie fan, having suffered and witnessed it first hand over the last 5 seasons it happens every time that amount of changes take place .....

I think Neil and Lambert would be their top targets, as they'll likely want to copy the success they had bringing McInnes up the road. Then they'd look at Ross and Wright, and Ross will be cheaper.

I think they'd prefer to copy their success in employing former St Johnstone managers' who have been successful. Why wait till they've made a bellend of themselves in England?

9 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Booooooooooring. Do you not have fields to tend?

Didn't realise Dundee fans were so simple they needed the local paper to explain the concept of air travel to them:

"The problem for Dark Blues managing director John Nelms is that Ross is currently out of the country on holiday. One way around that problem would be for Nelms to arrange a meeting with his top target and jump on a plane to get there."

Thanks for that insight.

I think they'd prefer to copy their success in employing former St Johnstone managers' who have been successful. Why wait till they've made a bellend of themselves in England?

That won't be Tommy Wright then, he's most certainly not a former St Johnstone manager last time I checked.