All things Dundee FC

Just now, G_Man1985 said:

We seem just to be shite right across the team
I can't even say what would be out strongest area.

Moving on since I've seen it going on in Partick thread. Who has our player of the year been?

I'd say Haber.

Despite his habit of missing sitters, there have been quite a few games where we've been quite shite but he's managed to keep the pressure on and be able to keep some sort of attacking presence in the game. Without his arrival, I think we'd be where Inverness are or maybe even worse. I think he plays the target man role really well and it's only really a couple of defences who seem capable of combating him in the air (Partick one of them), even Celtic pretty much lost every aerial battle to him in the last game and he brought a few nerves.

O'Dea worth a mention too as despite a couple of really bad performances in the last couple of months (I think for POTY, almost every one has been poor recently), I think he's been an essential player in some really big wins that we've taken. He does really piss me off sometimes and I do maybe give him a hard time but I think that's because I've come to expect higher standards from him. If we escape relegation, he'll play a big part in that I imagine.

Kerr for most improved player but early on, I think he took a wee while to adjust to playing as a right back (he broke through with McGinn behind him in a back 3 or 4) and still has some things to iron out which maybe could have prevented some goals with a little bit more experience (although it's not his fault how rarely he gets bailed out for this in comparison to his contributing in saving others from embarrassment). 

Has to be Kerr. 100% committed every game and shows signs of improving all the time.

I can understand the vote for Haber, as the difference he made to our play after we signed him is really significant.

Bizarrely, the performance of the season from the games I've seen was from Wighton against Motherwell in November when he totally destroyed them. O'Hara looked good for the first couple of months too, but it's been slim pickings apart from that...

The only names that deserve to be in contention are: O'Dea, Gadzhalov, Kerr and Haber in my opinion. The likes of Holt started well but let us down too often to be in serious contention for that.

If the groundsman isn't a valid vote, then I'd also go for Kerr.

O'Dea is competent but really limited and hasn't had a great season IMO. Haber is in a similar boat... both players have improved us but I still think they're a pair of fucking donkeys. Maybe that's harsh, but I'd be really struggling to pick anyone other than Kerr this year for POTY. Maybe Gadzhalov because of his wife, or Danny Williams as a protest vote.

Thank you.

Cammy Kerr would be my vote as well. Yes he bleeds Dark Blue etc. etc. but that's not why- he's the best creative player IMO (although that probably says more about our tactics) we've had this season and has become solid defensively. Haber has been good too but Kerr is streets ahead of the rest for me.

Thank You.

In all seriousness, though it's got to be Cammy Kerr. I wrote him off at the start of the season thinking he was nowhere near good enough, but he's definitely proved me wrong. A considerable improvement in that position from last year, and I though McGinn was half decent.

In all seriousness, though it's got to be Cammy Kerr. I wrote him off at the start of the season thinking he was nowhere near good enough, but he's definitely proved me wrong. A considerable improvement in that position from last year, and I though McGinn was half decent.

McGinn is still better but Cammy has more potential

Cammy Kerr but then I am biased as he's my grand-daughter's half-uncle.

Your daughter had a daughter and her Dad is Cammy Kerr's half brother? I don't know if you're serious or not but I believe that's how it would work.

I could be so wrong there so apologies.