All things Dundee FC

Hateley's a fraud that hides on the park. Waves his arms pretending to want on the ball when there's an  opposition player beside him or between him and the ball when playing centre midfield. His work ethic isn't good enough for that role either unless Hartley instructed him to not move from in front of the centrehalfs with Gowser and Vincent doing all the leg work. 

I think O'Hara could be what we are looking for in a ball winning midfielder who'd be better suited centrally and although Williams has been utter pish he could offer us the balance we've been looking for on the left  

With Kerr suspended I'd go 4-4-2 with

Bain

Hateley, Gadzhalov, O'Dea, Holt,

Gowser (right mid), O'Hara, Vincent, Williams,

Haber, El Bahktoui (last opportunity)

I don't think it is tbf.
He did, but he wasn't helped any by his players.

To be fair I don't blame the players for getting pissed off with PH.

Chopping and changing line ups, tactics on a weekly basis and playing a number of players out of position. Then when it didn't come off he was laying all the blame at their door and not taking any of it himself.

1 minute ago, Yenitit said:

I think O'Hara could be what we are looking for in a ball winning midfielder who'd be better suited centrally and although Williams has been utter pish he could offer us the balance we've been looking for on the left  

With Kerr suspended I'd go 4-4-2 with

Bain

Hateley, Gadzhalov, O'Dea, Holt,

Gowser (right mid), O'Hara, Vincent, Williams,

Haber, El Bahktoui (last opportunity)

I just cant stand the thought of Hateley playing, in any form or position.

Just now, johnnydun said:

I just cant stand the thought of Hateley playing, in any form or position.

I'm the same but the other alternative that's been mentioned is O'Hara playing right back but I want him in midfield. 

Dryden might be another alternative who's had good write up's in the under 20s but I've never saw him play and don't know if he's a viable option. 

Just now, Fifespud said:

There is no chance whatsoever that, if fit, Gowser will be out the side, and rightly so imo.

So

Bain, O'Hara,O'Dea,Gagz, Holt, Vincent, Gowser, Ross, Pyjamas, FEB, Haber.

Well he needs to concentrate on his own game instead of going crazy at others, I understand that he may need to advise but he needs to make it constructive. 

I know I hate not conceding goals. Not good for the coupons

Lol.

Time for a truce, including Bain (not Hateley). We should be singing Scotland, Scotlands No 1 when he runs out next week. Big him up to build up his confidence. Then ditch the çunt at the first opportunity in the Summer.

3 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

I'm the same but the other alternative that's been mentioned is O'Hara playing right back but I want him in midfield. 

Dryden might be another alternative who's had good write up's in the under 20s but I've never saw him play and don't know if he's a viable option. 

I do see your point but would Hateley be able to keep pace with an opposition winger?

Fifespud did you not rate Gav Rae? [emoji33]

He made the absolute most of his limited ability. You can't knock a guy for that, made a good living out of the game. Good guy too.

But being brutally honest there wasn't much of a footballer in there. I'd have him in our team in a heartbeat.

My real point is O'Hara will never play in the EPL as a midfielder, or for a top 2/3 team in Scotland. His touch will never get any better now. However I do feel he has a real chance at centre half, as I've already bored everybody to death with.

23 minutes ago, dundeefc1783 said:

To be fair I don't blame the players for getting pissed off with PH.

Chopping and changing line ups, tactics on a weekly basis and playing a number of players out of position. Then when it didn't come off he was laying all the blame at their door and not taking any of it himself.

Was he though? The only time he deflected blame from himself (Which was shocking tbf) was the Aberdeen game and he had a point to a certain extent. He has singled players out on occasion, but he also singled them out for praise when it was merited often enough. His tactics may not have been the best, but players should be professional enough to cope with that rather than just not trying like Bain has been doing.

I'm not sticking up for Hartley by any stretch - He was correctly punted, but I'm not buying into the open season situation that's happening in regards to him now either.