All things Dundee FC

Another thing about Hartley's departing statement is the fact that he said he has left us in a far stronger position than when he joined us. What he neglected to say was that under his guidance we were/are headed straight back to where we were when he started. 

This.

Were we not 1st in the championship when he took over? So we're 2 league positions better off? Woohoo...

20 minutes ago, The Master said:

So if a player or players decide to disagree with the way a manager works and ultimately down tools, it's still the manager's fault?

dr-evil-right.gif 

I didn't realise Bain picked the team, mate.

6 hours ago, dundeebarry said:

Sounds like a title for a sitcom. Hartley moping about being shite at stuff, everything going wrong. Burning the toast, stubbing his toe, slipping on a banana skin. He doesn't talk, he just becomes increasingly miserable until it finishes with a close-up of his pus for one final weary sigh and slump of the shoulders. A jingly theme tune comes on as the end credits roll.

Poor Paul.

That's got legs, for sure.

6 hours ago, Big Gus said:

I'm personally overjoyed to have a gentleman with style and a pride in his appearance back in the dugout.

Hartley looked like a burst couch chucked into a Mill o Mains communal drying area by the end there.

Paul Hartley has looked like a tramp for years, it's a wee bit like how dundeebarry will look if his literary career dives; it's interesting that it's taken him becoming a shite manager before Dees woke up to this fact.

Mind you sartorial elegance doesn't necessarily equate to success.  McNamara was always neatly turned out and he was worse than Hartley.

Clean slate for all the players so we might see the likes of Williams and Ross getting more game time and in their actual positions(like most players tbh). Hopefully Nick Ross gets a chance as I believe he can offer us something as he can keep possession(something we've lacked big time in recent games) and pick a pass. I'd rather have him in there instead of McGowan on current form.

But really unsure on how McCann will set us up but I think he'll probably go for a flat 442 and get us back to basics and try get pace on the wings. So that would likely be Williams and El Bahk/Ojaama on either side with one of the latter and Haber up top. Wighton has been off the boil for a while now and looks a lost boy. Even though I'd like to see Ross start, he could go with Vincent and O'Hara for energy but there's not much creativity there and will likely include McGowan with one of the two.

With Cammy being suspended, Hateley will likely fill in at right back unless Higgins goes out there with Gadz coming in.

You've got to wonder whether Gowser unnerves some of the younger boys with his ranting and raving. Some boys will probably let it go in one ear and out the other but it's surely got to have an unsettling effect on some. I'm just surprised he's gone his full career without getting decked by a team mate at least once. He's lucky he doesn't play for St Johnstone.

Clean slate for all the players so we might see the likes of Williams and Ross getting more game time and in their actual positions(like most players tbh). Hopefully Nick Ross gets a chance as I believe he can offer us something as he can keep possession(something we've lacked big time in recent games) and pick a pass. I'd rather have him in there instead of McGowan on current form.

But really unsure on how McCann will set us up but I think he'll probably go for a flat 442 and get us back to basics and try get pace on the wings. So that would likely be Williams and El Bahk/Ojaama on either side with one of the latter and Haber up top. Wighton has been off the boil for a while now and looks a lost boy. Even though I'd like to see Ross start, he could go with Vincent and O'Hara for energy but there's not much creativity there and will likely include McGowan with one of the two.

With Cammy being suspended, Hateley will likely fill in at right back unless Higgins goes out there with Gadz coming in.

Did O'Hara not play right back for Killie?

He can break with momentum causing panic in the opposition and he offers a bit of physicality.

I'm hoping that from all his 24/7 analysis of the game and our squad that useless cünt Hateley never pulls on the dark blue again, particularly at right back.

Did O'Hara not play right back for Killie?

He can break with momentum causing panic in the opposition and he offers a bit of physicality.

I'm hoping that from all his 24/7 analysis of the game and our squad that useless cünt Hateley never pulls on the dark blue again, particularly at right back.

Yeah I forgot about O'Hara being able to play there and IIRC he played there v Aberdeen away when we lost 3-0.

Agree, would rather have O'Hara there than Hateley.

I actually reckon Hateley is the one player who might actually surprise us the most under new management. He's come from a fairly good level and there is some sort of footballing ability there that we do see manifest itself from time to time.

We're such a shitfest right now and play in such an awkward way that I think certain players could find the shackles removed.

Bain

O'Hara Gadz O'Dea Holt

Fais Ross Ojamma Williams

Haber Wighton

The midfield looks a right fuckin mess but you can only pish with the cock you have got.

This is with dropping McGowan and Hateley. 

Please slate this for all that is wrong!

Bain is a w**k. He, more than many, have let Hartley down big time this season. He played a major part in costing the guy that salvaged his career his job and he doesn't care, in fact, he's glad of it by the sounds of things.

Bain has been a poison to our club this season and it's no surprise the fans turned on him when it became abundantly clear he doesn't care if the ball hits the back of his net or not.

To be fair Ludo I think your hatred of Bain is OTT.

And Hartley didn't need any help in losing his job. He made a total c**t of it all by himself.

Just now, dundeefc1783 said:

To be fair Ludo I think your hatred of Bain is OTT.

And Hartley didn't need any help in losing his job. He made a total c**t of it all by himself.

I don't think it is tbf.

He did, but he wasn't helped any by his players.