All things Dundee FC

10 hours ago, Yenitit said:

Aye he looks like he's wanted away all season. 

There's been a few goal's this season where I got the feeling he'd have thrown his "tat sleeves" on it last season. 2nd against Hamilton and the 2nd against St Johnstone recently. 

I would find it hard to believe that you can actually half heartedly attempt to save a ball.

It makes no sense to anyone, 

Let's face it he's had one great season , one half decent and one bang average.

What does that make him ?.

A one season wonder?

Edited by Besty

1 hour ago, dundeebarry said:

Sounds like a title for a sitcom. Hartley moping about being shite at stuff, everything going wrong. Burning the toast, stubbing his toe, slipping on a banana skin. He doesn't talk, he just becomes increasingly miserable until it finishes with a close-up of his pus for one final weary sigh and slump of the shoulders. A jingly theme tune comes on as the end credits roll.

Poor Paul.

I'd watch that. Thank you.

15 minutes ago, Besty said:

I would find it hard to believe that you can actually half heartedly attempt to save a ball.

It makes no sense to anyone, 

Let's face it he's had one great season , one half decent and one bang average.

What does that make him .

I think you would understand a bit more if you saw him regularly.

His first year wasn't just good in the way that you get some overrated mediocre type bottom team 'keeper who gets some plaudits from uninformed journalists for a couple of camera saves (i.e. Ali Al Habsi), it's been a massive change to his whole game. I've never seen a 'keeper going from looking so outrageously confident (pretty much coming for absolutely everything) to what he looks like now. If you compare his Aberdeen games in the first year to the one the other week, it's a totally different guy. The gulf in quality wasn't some sort of marginal fluke, he was miles ahead over a fair number of games for a while.

I don't give a shit if he argues with fans or whatever but the fact that he feels the need to suggests he's maybe not made of the right mental stuff to handle a club with this sort of pressure. The first time shit has hit the fan, he's went winging on social media and acts like a sensitive little bitch who is angry because their boyfriend has forgot to send a kiss in a message.

He's spent his senior career as the golden boy and now his career is at a crossroads.

I'm personally overjoyed to have a gentleman with style and a pride in his appearance back in the dugout.

Hartley looked like a burst couch chucked into a Mill o Mains communal drying area by the end there.

9 minutes ago, Big Gus said:

I'm personally overjoyed to have a gentleman with style and a pride in his appearance back in the dugout.

Hartley looked like a burst couch chucked into a Mill o Mains communal drying area by the end there.

Be interesting to see what physical approach McCann takes, also. Will he be a dugout-leaner or a technical area patroller?He may even choose to run the show from the tv gantry, as that's where he's most used to watching the match from.

Be interesting to see what physical approach McCann takes, also. Will he be a dugout-leaner or a technical area patroller?He may even choose to run the show from the tv gantry, as that's where he's most used to watching the match from.

Be like conte-

Edit to say I don't give a toss how my pictures look cuntos

e655c006fdce5f2b6e6689f83fd882eb.jpg

Hilarious reading. The main factor in Hartley's failing, the only factor in fact, is Hartley.
Poor signings.
Poor tactics.
Poor man management.
Poor Paul. [emoji20]

It's not the only factor.

3 hours ago, Nizzy said:

Hilarious reading. The main factor in Hartley's failing, the only factor in fact, is Hartley.

Poor signings.

Poor tactics.

Poor man management.

Poor Paul. :(

Well, it's not exactly unrealistic that if he'd lost the dressing room, the players decided not to put in the same effort.

Or have you completely missed what's been happening at Leicester? 

Good article in the Scotsman about Hartley's signings. I wouldn't completely agree with all the ratings but it's not far away and clearly highlights what went wrong.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/dundee/judging-all-44-of-paul-hartley-s-dundee-signings-1-4422618

I think Craig Fowler has nailed it. Hard to disagree with any of it.

2 hours ago, dundeebarry said:

Terry needs to sit his arse in the tv gantry in the Derry for home game and listen to the punters below.

The game's most knowledgeable fans....

Edited by Yenitit

Be interesting to see if he suddenly reverts to 2014-2015 form over the run in.

My thoughts exactly. I'm guessing he was so pissed off with Hartley that he was doing the bare minimum.

Hope McCann can get 5 games out of him then help him get a move in the summer for the benefit of both parties.

5 hours ago, Nizzy said:

Poor man management.

1 hour ago, The Master said:

Well, it's not exactly unrealistic that if he'd lost the dressing room, the players decided not to put in the same effort.

Or have you completely missed what's been happening at Leicester? 

2 hours ago, G_Man1985 said:

Bain is shite. 3 clean sheets all season
Dosnt give a f**k. It really is that simple. He is a c**t .
I hope he is gone by the summer.
Mitchell won't be given a chance so back up and playing kick ball with geddess is his job. Full time wages to be back up. Good for him.
Hopefully McCann does the business for us, at least he will give a f**k. Just hope he can relate this to the players

From what I have heard Alan Mannus has signed a pre-contract with Dundee, so Bain will be away.

Bain is shite. 3 clean sheets all season
Dosnt give a f**k. It really is that simple. He is a c**t .
I hope he is gone by the summer.
Mitchell won't be given a chance so back up and playing kick ball with geddess is his job. Full time wages to be back up. Good for him.
Hopefully McCann does the business for us, at least he will give a f**k. Just hope he can relate this to the players

Is this the majority view? Clearly, I don't see Bain as often as Dundee fans do, but I often think he lacks a lot in confidence. But then again, I only really focus on the goals County score against him. Much like Scott Fox, actually. When he was at Partick, I always felt he was a bit of a liability but watching him more often, I can see that he's really transformed the way our defence plays - for the better.

From what I have heard Alan Mannus has signed a pre-contract with Dundee, so Bain will be away.

It's Motherwell he's seemingly gone to