All things Dundee FC

7 minutes ago, K.T said:

He was spot on about Bain, imo.

I'd agree also. 

Exceptional 1st season. 

Good to very good 2nd season. 

3rd season wtf has happened to him. 

His commanding of the 18 yard box in the 1st season and reflex saves were a joy to watch. Easily the best since Speroni in his 1st 2 seasons. 

Started to worry about him pulling out of Scotland squads. I would've thought a young keeper would be desperate to be in and around the national squad instead of pulling out with end of season niggles. Could've got himself a great move that would've set him up for life. 

Edited by Yenitit

That list and ratings aren't far off what I'd say. Blaring mistakes to everyone except Hartley and McCabe. 

My view too. Some of them were loan signings but others - Luka, Low, Ferry etc were here for longer than a year and would have been on more than a grand a week imo. Certainly Ferry.

17 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

My view too. Some of them were loan signings but others - Luka, Low, Ferry etc were here for longer than a year and would have been on more than a grand a week imo. Certainly Ferry.

The chasing of 2 players this season for a couple of months and the contribution they have made is killing us. Hiya Tam, hiya Faisal. 

The pre contract deal for Williams is a mystery also. Never plays him but jumped the gun, signed him early but never really given him a chance.  Tbf he's looked pish but has he been actively encouraged to take people on and get crosses into the box? 

Edited to say....as for Yordi that was taking the fuckin piss.

Edited again to say. As for that c**t Duffy that was another pisstake. Anyone down at the East Fife game would've taken 5 minutes to see he was never going to be good enough. A replacement for GGH tae, fuckin good ain. Boils meh piss thinking aboot that ain   

Edited by Yenitit

Bain has not only held the team back by being on an obvious sulk because Hemmings and Stewart got good gigs and he got left behind, he has also held himself back acting like a fucking child. He could of joined them in England next season but we all know he will float about Killie, Motherwell, County etc for the rest of his days getting punted every second season because of his attitude.

Instead of spunking cash on 30+ shite players, he could of brought in 2 that could of actually replaced Kane and Greg, kept Harkins and I also think he should of kept Konrad. Hartley ruined this on his own.

I do have every faith that this will work with McCann.

14 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

I'd agree also. 

Exceptional 1st season. 

Good to very good 2nd season. 

3rd season wtf has happened to him. 

His commanding of the 18 yard box in the 1st season and reflex saves were a joy to watch. Easily the best since Speroni in his 1st 2 seasons. 

Started to worry about him pulling out of Scotland squads. I would've thought a young keeper would be desperate to be in and around the national squad instead of pulling out with end of season niggles. Could've got himself a great move that would've set him up for life. 

This is a little controversial, but Bain has conceded goals that have made me consider the possibility he's purposefully not trying as hard as he might. Like he did enough to make an effort to make a save but didn't go 100% at it. It is most likely wildly misplaced and inaccurate, but my gut feeling has suggested there's something amiss with him.

9 minutes ago, dundeebarry said:

This is a little controversial, but Bain has conceded goals that have made me consider the possibility he's purposefully not trying as hard as he might. Like he did enough to make an effort to make a save but didn't go 100% at it. It is most likely wildly misplaced and inaccurate, but my gut feeling has suggested there's something amiss with him.

I don't think many people on the forum would disagree with you barry, and certainly not with that statement. I wouldn't say he is deliberately letting in goals, but I don't think he has this "pride" in getting a clean sheet that some keepers do- like when you see a team coasting 5-0 and they let in a late goal and the keeper is raging because he's lost the clean sheet. Not that we're away to start battering teams 5-0, but I don't think Bain would be bothered if we lost a clean sheet. He's just dreaming of a summer move to Plymouth or some shit

5 minutes ago, JockysJetpack said:

I don't think many people on the forum would disagree with you barry, and certainly not with that statement. I wouldn't say he is deliberately letting in goals, but I don't think he has this "pride" in getting a clean sheet that some keepers do- like when you see a team coasting 5-0 and they let in a late goal and the keeper is raging because he's lost the clean sheet. Not that we're away to start battering teams 5-0, but I don't think Bain would be bothered if we lost a clean sheet. He's just dreaming of a summer move to Plymouth or some shit

His attitude is no doubt at the heart of it. For whatever reason, he gives less of a f**k and it shows. Which is a real shame, because he has been and still can be a brilliant goalie.

Speaking of goalies, my wee brother works for an oil company up in Aberdeen. He text me during the week to say Jim Leighton was in his work selling lifeboats. Jim Leighton is a lifeboat salesman. Apparently he still greases his napper with Vaseline, tae. Seems unnecessary to me, but maybe sweat still threatens one's eyes when you sell fucking boats for a living.

I text him back saying I might enjoy receiving a lifeboat as a present. I eagerly anticipate my next birthday.

1 hour ago, dundeebarry said:

Aye he looks like he's wanted away all season. 

There's been a few goal's this season where I got the feeling he'd have thrown his "tat sleeves" on it last season. 2nd against Hamilton and the 2nd against St Johnstone recently. 

44 minutes ago, dundeebarry said:

Speaking of goalies, my wee brother works for an oil company up in Aberdeen. He text me during the week to say Jim Leighton was in his work selling lifeboats. Jim Leighton is a lifeboat salesman. Apparently he still greases his napper with Vaseline, tae. Seems unnecessary to me, but maybe sweat still threatens one's eyes when you sell fucking boats for a living.

I text him back saying I might enjoy receiving a lifeboat as a present. I eagerly anticipate my next birthday.

:lol: brilliant, yer some boi

1 hour ago, JockysJetpack said:

Arvid Shenk is German for Neil McCann.  Run it through Google translate if you don't believe me.

Also Granny Danger is German for senile old c**t.

Languages are fun.

Bain looks like he's just going through the motions for me. Not deliberately making an arse of things, but not particularly trying his hardest either. 

In his first season especially he looked happy to throw his body around, going for crosses, really straining to make the difficult saves etc, now he looks like he's in full self-preservation mode and doesn't really give a shit about keeping the ball out of his net. It's a shame for a player to waste the talent that is clearly in there, but you have to ask what's made him like that. Is he just genuinely a selfish headcase, or was it the working environment. Be interesting to see if he suddenly reverts to 2014-2015 form over the run in.

Bain is a w**k. He, more than many, have let Hartley down big time this season. He played a major part in costing the guy that salvaged his career his job and he doesn't care, in fact, he's glad of it by the sounds of things.

Bain has been a poison to our club this season and it's no surprise the fans turned on him when it became abundantly clear he doesn't care if the ball hits the back of his net or not.

Arvid Shenk is German for Neil McCann.  Run it through Google translate if you don't believe me.
Also Granny Danger is German for senile old c**t.
Languages are fun.

Kindly show some respect to our new manager after all he is an inductee to the dundee hall of fame and a dee-fiant hero.

8 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Bain is a w**k. He, more than many, have let Hartley down big time this season. He played a major part in costing the guy that salvaged his career his job and he doesn't care, in fact, he's glad of it by the sounds of things.

Bain has been a poison to our club this season and it's no surprise the fans turned on him when it became abundantly clear he doesn't care if the ball hits the back of his net or not.

Hilarious reading. The main factor in Hartley's failing, the only factor in fact, is Hartley.

Poor signings.

Poor tactics.

Poor man management.

Poor Paul. :(

11 minutes ago, Nizzy said:

Poor Paul. :(

Sounds like a title for a sitcom. Hartley moping about being shite at stuff, everything going wrong. Burning the toast, stubbing his toe, slipping on a banana skin. He doesn't talk, he just becomes increasingly miserable until it finishes with a close-up of his pus for one final weary sigh and slump of the shoulders. A jingly theme tune comes on as the end credits roll.

Poor Paul.

Another thing about Hartley's departing statement is the fact that he said he has left us in a far stronger position than when he joined us. What he neglected to say was that under his guidance we were/are headed straight back to where we were when he started. 

Edited by Dee Man